Couch to 5K: Starting Monday Oct 11 -- Join Me!

Options

Replies

• LadyRG
    LadyRG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, count me in! :happy:
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i'm in! But first, how are you guys planning to keep track of the intervals? (j.e. walk for this long, jog for this long, etc.)
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

I started last week and I will be doing week 1 day 3 tomorrow morning. I'm also pretty sure i'm going to do the first couple of weeks twice just because i'm so out of shape but it is already getting easier. I downloaded the c25k lite app on my phone and I don't listen to music. I use that time as clear my head "me" time and I feel I can focus more without the music blaring in my ears. I'm also usually pushing a stroller too so I get to listen to my daughter tell me "run mommy, run" and it's the best motivation ever!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK to all of you that want to take on this incredible journey!!! I started the C25K about 8 months ago and have since completed 4 5ks...one coming up on Halloween...I just downloaded the C210K and will run in my first 10K on Thanksgiving here in Detroit and I would love yo join you all!!! For those of you that have never run a 5k race...DO IT...but beware!!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!!!! I am always looking for the next big race!!! Feel free to add me as a friend...I would love to follow you all on your journies!!!!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    GOOD LUCK to all of you that want to take on this incredible journey!!! I started the C25K about 8 months ago and have since completed 4 5ks...one coming up on Halloween...I just downloaded the C210K and will run in my first 10K on Thanksgiving here in Detroit and I would love yo join you all!!! For those of you that have never run a 5k race...DO IT...but beware!!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!!!! I am always looking for the next big race!!! Feel free to add me as a friend...I would love to follow you all on your journies!!!!
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I did a bit of running earlier in the year, but had to stop due to horrible horrible painful shin splints. I haven't run for months so would love to get back into it. This sounds good! count me in.
    Carol
  • jamieguitrgrl
    Options
    Ok...I'm in. I can currently run for less than 20 seconds. My trainer says I better hope I never get chased by anything. I really hope this is dummy proof.
  • Champ123
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My husband and I want to do this next month. Out of curiosity, how are you logging the exercise on MFP?
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    When I run I use a website called dailymile.com...you can track how far you run/walk and enter the time and it will give you the pace, calories burned...everything...you can also friend people on there as well for support and motivation...These two sites together have been VERY motivational!!! Good Luck!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    We are starting tonight!! Very exciting.

I am going to follow along in dailymile.com

I have a HRM, so I can log my cals according to that.
  • TrainerJulie
    Options
    I'll start tonight! I started it just under 2 years ago the first time. Got to week 6 maybe? I'm going on a cruise in 4 weeks, so it would be good to get off my couch and get moving!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today is the day when i start my c25k i can't wait til i start it today and find out how many calories burned :-) i'm also doing jillian michaels 30 day shred level 2
  • groucherella
    Options
    I started this yesterday and maybe this thread will be the motivation I need to keep going. I'm a former swimmer, never really ran, but I'm interested in completing a 5K. For me, 30 seconds into the first run interval I could overhear my shins plotting my demise. I may have to do week 1 twice. I'm told by my "runner" friends that I need to just run through the pain, so I'm going to give it a shot and see if it gets better.

Anyone else have issues with shin pain so early on in the game?
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'd like to but maybe starting tomarrow! Just did a workout video this morning and i can't exactly drag my 5 year old and 1 year old with me while running. Hopefully i can do it. I tried running before but got bad shin splints...hopefully those dont show up again.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm in. God help me!!!!
  • allicat38
    Options
    Count me in!! Need all the help I can get!!
  • lewiswalsh
    Options
    I'm in!

Have NEVER run in my adult life (and I'll be 31 in December). I've been going to the gym for a few years doing resistance training and about 30 minuts of cardio, but it's always been cycling or walking briskly uphill. Always been a bit scared to jog on the treadmill. I can be a bit clumsy!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    Just wanted to check in and see how everyone did today!!! I was very excited today because I ran 6 miles for the first time in 1 hour and 9 minutes!!! Very excited because I have only been running since February...I hope running becomes as exciting and mind clearing for all of you as it is for me!!! Good luck to all and I can't wait to hear about all of your triumphs!!!!!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 1 today! I uploaded the app to my phone and it was great with keep tracking of my intervals. The only negative thing about the app is that it doesn't beep just pauses my music when it switches intervals but that's minor and it was a free app. :) I did really well. I walked on the treadmill at 3.5 and then ram at 5.0. I would like to increase both but for now that's good enough for me. It really did feel great to complete. :) How did everyone else do?