• hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    HoneyCrisp or Fuji.

Honey Crisp for life.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp. I also like Gala or Fuji. Like you I'm not crazy about either Red Delicious or Granny Smith.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm still an apple hater. Android or GTFO

But Android pie just has a whole different and somewhat disturbing ring to it.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Fuji apples with a light sprinkling of cinnamon. mmmmmmmm

Wish I'd packed one now.
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cortland.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    For eating out of hand I like Gala or Fuji.

I think they have an almost floral quality and a gentle sweetness that is crisp in the nicest way.

For baking granny smith because I like that tart contrast to the cinnamon and sugar and how it holds up to baking.

Asian pear is not "really" an apple but I like it for a delicate flavor and superlight crispness.

Red delicious is not my cup of tea. Mild, bland, mealy, just pretty and cartoonlike.

The tiny apples that resemble red delicious however are quite tasty and everything you think a red delicious should be.

The WORST apple for mealiness is one I don't know the name of but it is squat, red, and wider than it is tall and almost perfectly round except for this wideness. It is the most mealy bland thing on earth and I'd avoid it during your apple trying since you already know mealy is something you don't like.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp FTW!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like the small fuji's because they are sweet and flavorful. They also do wonders to make a green juice (juiced greens) taste really nice! I like to get the small, bagged fuji's at Trader Joe's.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I'm on Android key lime pie right now and find it extremely appealing, tyvm

6832.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I'm on Android key lime pie right now and find it extremely appealing, tyvm

6832.jpg

:laugh:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    HoneyCrisp or Fuji.

Agree!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My apples of choice are Gala, Fuji and Braeburn.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    For pies, johnathan, macintosh, gala and rome.

For eating, fuji.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Fuji or Galas + natural peanut butter. Yummmmmmy!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady apples are really good! Crisp, juicy and sweet :love:
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    Mine are red delicious but they cannot be mealy at all. They have to be nice and crisp and juicy. I can't personally enjoy any kind of apple if it's mealy though, and I like basically all kinds I have tried that aren't. Gotta watch for that.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Macbook pro.

joking aside...

I LOVE apples (probably my favorite fruit besides raspberries) but empire's are my all time fave- maybe it's a NY thing, but.... oh nom nom nom. Love their crispness, their slightly sweet (but not too sweet!) taste...

I prefer to use cortlands for baking pies(they're big, which means less peeling!) except for making kuchen- golden delicious works better since the texture is usually a bit softer.

Least favorite is the macintosh. They just don't do it for me.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I loooove Pink Lady apples. Best flavor and SO good with peanut butter!

I grew up in eastern Washington, and apples are a PRETTY BIG thing there, haha. Probably the understatement of the year. But anyways, I remember going to a marching band competition in high school called the Harvest Festival in Wenatchee, WA, and they gave us apples as snacks afterwards & I STILL remember how amazing that apple was. No apple will ever compare to that delicious, perfectly crisp, fresh apple.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

The WORST apple for mealiness is one I don't know the name of but it is squat, red, and wider than it is tall and almost perfectly round except for this wideness. It is the most mealy bland thing on earth and I'd avoid it during your apple trying since you already know mealy is something you don't like.

Macintosh. I've NEVER had a mac that wasn't soft and mealy. Ick.