My (censored) response to "Veg Out!" blog entry...

Options
2»

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Those blogs usually go with just a handful of comments and then everyone moves on. That vegan chick's entry gets 100+ responses which is about 6x normal rate with a ton of people both disputing and supporting her post......and yet the author still believes she didn't post anything controversial.

Yes, continue thru life with a bunch of people shouting about how wrong you are without doing any self analysis whatsoever. Because nothing is your fault. Ever. And now, all the dissenting comments will be moderated from ever hitting the wall so please, say whatever BS thing you want and never have to hear about it.

Well done MFP, well done.

We're all here for the same reason.

Yes, we are all here for the kitteh gifs, right??
    tumblr_m2h5dk9nqE1qjafk9o1_250.gif

Your response was not a bit controversal. Maybe you should have added the :flowerforyou:??? You know, because that makes those harsh statements oh so easier to swallow. ::exits sarcastic font::
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Those blogs usually go with just a handful of comments and then everyone moves on. That vegan chick's entry gets 100+ responses which is about 6x normal rate with a ton of people both disputing and supporting her post......and yet the author still believes she didn't post anything controversial.

Yes, continue thru life with a bunch of people shouting about how wrong you are without doing any self analysis whatsoever. Because nothing is your fault. Ever. And now, all the dissenting comments will be moderated from ever hitting the wall so please, say whatever BS thing you want and never have to hear about it.

Yes, we are all here for the kitteh gifs, right??
    tumblr_m2h5dk9nqE1qjafk9o1_250.gif

Your response was not a bit controversal. Maybe you should have added the :flowerforyou:??? You know, because that makes those harsh statements oh so easier to swallow. ::exits sarcastic font::

Whenever I type out a comment that I think seems harsh, I put a smiley face at the end. It seems to help.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I found a workaround. Apparently, they're moderating comments from logged in disqus users, but not unregistered posters. Makes no sense to me, but ...well, it just makes no sense.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Aesthetics?

I'm here for the entertainment and thought that everyone else on the forums was here for the same reason.

Do you mean to tell me that we as individuals might actually, somehow, be here for various and different (but still valid) reasons?

Sounds like witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH!

HEY HEY HEY!!! LEAVE THE WITCH ALONE! She's just over here sitting in her corner minding her own business waiting for some zombies to kill!!

Well, it IS almost Easter.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks to this post I actually read that blog, and the one thing that stood out to me was the discussion of the amount of protein per item, but not the calorie count. Sure, nuts have protein - but are high in calories. A cup of quinoa? I'm guessing that's an uncooked weight, which would yield about 2 cups cooked. That's a lot of quinoa to eat and a lot of calories for 8g of protein. Sunflower seeds, 15g of protein per cup! And over 200 calories. So yes, the did manage to list non-meat sources of protein, but how about a more balanced approach next time if you are really interested in educating people?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I found a workaround. Apparently, they're moderating comments from logged in disqus users, but not unregistered posters. Makes no sense to me, but ...well, it just makes no sense.

huh.gif
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Aesthetics?

I'm here for the entertainment and thought that everyone else on the forums was here for the same reason.

Do you mean to tell me that we as individuals might actually, somehow, be here for various and different (but still valid) reasons?

Sounds like witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH!

HEY HEY HEY!!! LEAVE THE WITCH ALONE! She's just over here sitting in her corner minding her own business waiting for some zombies to kill!!

:huh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Aesthetics?

Sounds like witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH!

You know, people rising from the dead and such.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks to this post I actually read that blog, and the one thing that stood out to me was the discussion of the amount of protein per item, but not the calorie count. Sure, nuts have protein - but are high in calories. A cup of quinoa? I'm guessing that's an uncooked weight, which would yield about 2 cups cooked. That's a lot of quinoa to eat and a lot of calories for 8g of protein. Sunflower seeds, 15g of protein per cup! And over 200 calories. So yes, the did manage to list non-meat sources of protein, but how about a more balanced approach next time if you are really interested in educating people?

BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH?!?!?! Don't you realize that Big Meat is conspiring to kill you?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH?!?!?! Don't you realize that Big Meat is conspiring to kill you?

So is the non-fair trade, non-organic chocolate.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Aesthetics?

Sounds like witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH!

Something like this?

7b2df1a2-9ff9-4a32-8752-9cb3e89404b5_zpsccf3034d.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Aesthetics?

Sounds like witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH!

Something like this?

7b2df1a2-9ff9-4a32-8752-9cb3e89404b5_zpsccf3034d.jpg

egggg-xactly.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    If my beef is grass-fed/finished and chickens cage-free and raised on my own family's farm, am I still being brainwashed by Big Meat?

Also, what if I don't believe total cholesterol is meaningful in any way? Does that mean I've been brainwashed by Big Pharma? (Wait, Big Pharma would have me believe that the numbers *are* important...so that I would take statins to lower them.)

But maybe some larger entity is brainwashing me to have these beliefs.

I should probably read more blogs to become more educated...preferably blogs written by people selling books.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Oh, right, my health! This Talenti Caramel Apple Pie Gelato has 8g of protein per cup and…VEGETARIAN! So that means I'm all sorts of healthy. :drinker:

Edited to correct the non-meat affiliation. My spoon got in the way.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Oh, right, my health! This Talenti Caramel Apple Pie Gelato has 8g of protein per cup and…VEGETARIAN! So that means I'm all sorts of healthy. :drinker:

I was going to say I'm really here for the ice cream, but I see you brought some already. Wanna share? I have Talenti Southern Butter Pecan! :wink: You know there's even a thread for that. lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

And thus it's totally MFP?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Hahaha yyeeesssss.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't believe it automatically makes me healthier in any way or negates the need for a balanced diet (which includes plenty of fat and protein). I also don't believe that eating meat is unhealthy. I just prefer not to eat it.

Now I'm gonna go scoop me some Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra. Because it's vegetarian! :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Hahaha yyeeesssss.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't believe it automatically makes me healthier in any way or negates the need for a balanced diet (which includes plenty of fat and protein). I also don't believe that eating meat is unhealthy. I just prefer not to eat it.

Now I'm gonna go scoop me some Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra. Because it's vegetarian! :drinker:

Hooray for reasonable vegetarians!

:drinker: