Free days, good or bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• nicjane113
    Options
    I don't count my calories on a weekend - this doesn't mean I eat as much junk food as I want all weekend but if I want to have a takeaway or a glass of wine or go out etc. I do so without feeling guilty that I'm over my calories.
    I stick to my calories monday - friday so I allow myself to relax a little over the weekend.
  • bel74
    bel74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i have a cheat night once a week were i'll eat a healthy dinner and do a bit extra exercing for the day and in the evening i have some wine,chocolate and some low fat crisps,the most i've gone over my cals is about 400 and so far it's not effected my weight loss ( 12lbs in four weeks).:smile:
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've heard that integrating higher calorie days into your normal restricted calorie diet will help keep your body on it's toes, so to speak. This way, your body isn't constantly depending upon fewer calories (therefore burning less fat) and your metabolism is tricked. Maybe eating whatever you want all day isn't the greatest idea, but eating more than usual will definitely satisfy your cravings and keep your body alert.

My girlfriend and I were just talking about this! We've both had it happen to us in the past... anyone else know more about this??
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    It really depends on the person. It sounds like a cheat day a week is fine for you because you said that you can control it and don't go MAD CRAZY BINGING like some people do.

I also do a "calorie spike day" once a week, but I still log all my food and mostly try to eat healthy with maybe one "treat" meal. I try to calculate it into my day/week so I don't go overboard. Like next week is my grandpa's birthday so I will be making that day my Calorie Spike Day, and only at birthday meal/cake time. I will still eat healthily for the rest of the day :smile: That is how it works for me, anyway!