I need lunch ideas under 300 calories please!

Options
124»

Replies

• bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you are not picky, fish would be a good low cal, high protein food. It just might be to icky bringing it to work and warning it up there... But 6 oz of grilled fish and veggies is usually about 250 calories. About 45-50 G protein depending on your veggies.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that this one pot of chicken :laugh: could last all week.
    [/quote
    HA! Thank you. sounds delicous
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Oh good heavens, it doesn't freaking matter if you think 300 or under is a lunch or not, you are not her and she is NOT you. She didn't ask your permission or your approval on what she eats or doesn't eat. She asked for food ideas, give her some ideas or move along. SMDH at people.

Asparagus salad with bacon. Add shrimp if you want extra protein. Yummy
  • janine2355
    Options
    Oh good heavens, it doesn't freaking matter if you think 300 or under is a lunch or not, you are not her and she is NOT you. She didn't ask your permission or your approval on what she eats or doesn't eat. She asked for food ideas, give her some ideas or move along. SMDH at people.

Asparagus salad with bacon. Add shrimp if you want extra protein. Yummy

HA! I agree, thank you so much. And really, I like to go up to 300cal for lunch, just not over. I like a big dinner and snacks throught the day, so breakfast and lunch I go easy. Thank you for your support
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    How about instead of telling her how many calories her lunch should be, you either give an example or don't? Sheesh, people.

No, see when somebody says they need meal ideas for under 300 calories -- because that's what they regularly consume for a meal, that is usually a warning that are possibly being too restrictive.

Op, if those are your numbers, those are your numbers. 1,640 seems a bit low for somebody's TDEE -- even for a sedentary job. Most people's BMRs are usually right at 1,400. I would ask you one question about the 1,640: Are you losing .9 pounds a week or are you losing more? If more, then I would suggest to you, that the calculator you are using is too conservative.

I would also suggest, if you have less than 20-25 pounds to lose, you have the goal of .5 pounds per week.

NO see it's NON of your business, plain and simple
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with lunches under 300 calories. Mine are generally around that much because, like you, I want to eat the bulk of my calories for dinner. I don't particularly feel like I need loads of calories through the day, but I do like a big dinner! I owe a lot of my success to doing it this way.

I agree with that 100% I rarely have breakfast for the same reason.

Unfortunately, that's not the reason OP gave, she said her diet is 1,200 and that leaves her with limited flexibility.

Her diet not yours, get your own and leave her to hers
  • janine2355
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with lunches under 300 calories. Mine are generally around that much because, like you, I want to eat the bulk of my calories for dinner. I don't particularly feel like I need loads of calories through the day, but I do like a big dinner! I owe a lot of my success to doing it this way.

I agree with that 100% I rarely have breakfast for the same reason.

Unfortunately, that's not the reason OP gave, she said her diet is 1,200 and that leaves her with limited flexibility.
    Thank you tmauck.

Her diet not yours, get your own and leave her to hers
  • janine2355
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your ideas. That should be good for now. Thanks all and have a good night,:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • imawatermelon
    Options
    Fruit salad,
    1 cup honey dew 60 cal
    1 mango 140 cal
    1 banana100 cal
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Usually if I have to take a small meal to work, I bring hummus (4 Tablespoons) and baby carrots, and sometimes some cheese too. Just stock up on those veggies and foods that are high in protein or fiber for lunch time, and then eat a big dinner. :)
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Joseph's pita bread 60 calories
    Hormel naturals deli meat, 4 sliced, 80 calories
    Kraft mayo with olive oil, 35 calories in 1 T - or you can use mustard for no calories
    spinach or lettuce

That's about 175 calories

You can add as desired

Yogurt - 80 calories Dannon Light & Fit
    mozarella cheese stick - 90 calories
    Fruit of your choice - around 100 calories
    carrot sticks - 35 calories
    Hummus to eat with carrot sticks- 50 calories for 2 tablespoons

Repeat variations of this.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Under 300? Good luck with that.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why under 300 calories?

That sounds very snack like and not meal-like.
    it can be up to 300 calories. But I like more of my calories at dinner and I like a few snacks throughout the day. Because I am on 1200 calorie diet, ( I do get more when I exercise) I don't have a whole lot of flexibility.

I am can say with a high degree of certainty that you have selected to lose 2 pounds a week and likely have less than say, 50 pounds to lose. If that is the case, adjust your goal to 1 pound per week and use those extra calories to give yourself the flexibility. In the long run, it will be more sustainable than trying to survive on 88 grams of chicken.

I agree. I'm between 1500 and 1600 calories a day so that I can hopefully lose 1 pound a week. It's hard to stick to that and it doesn't really allow for treats, which is a bummer. My lunch today is a little over 300 calories (a pita sandwich with hummus and vegetables). It's filling for a little while but I know I'll be absolutely starving if I don't have a snack. Trying to rush weight loss by severely limiting calories doesn't work in the long run. Your body needs fuel, you need to eat and be satisfied. I've been at this for years (because of two pregnancies, not because I have a hard time losing) and the main thing I've learned is that if you want success, you have to have patience.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How about instead of telling her how many calories her lunch should be, you either give an example or don't? Sheesh, people.

No, see when somebody says they need meal ideas for under 300 calories -- because that's what they regularly consume for a meal, that is usually a warning that are possibly being too restrictive.

Op, if those are your numbers, those are your numbers. 1,640 seems a bit low for somebody's TDEE -- even for a sedentary job. Most people's BMRs are usually right at 1,400. I would ask you one question about the 1,640: Are you losing .9 pounds a week or are you losing more? If more, then I would suggest to you, that the calculator you are using is too conservative.

I would also suggest, if you have less than 20-25 pounds to lose, you have the goal of .5 pounds per week.

NO see it's NON of your business, plain and simple

Ha. No,

I'm sorry, if you post in a public forum, you are going to get a variety of responses. If one can't handle that, you shouldn't be posting in a public forum. Period. It seems like the OP in this case is doing just fine with the responses she got.

If OP is losing her 1 pound per week and isn't going hungry, obviously she found what works for her and that's great.
  • lemcmullen
    lemcmullen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light's website has a lot of great options for not only lunch but dinner. It's my go to site.
  • JohnIVC
    JohnIVC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lunch today was a romaine/carrot/grape tomotao salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and a large can of tuna (132g) with a tblspn of mayo. 295 Cal with 30g Protein.
  • KimballLS
    Options
    Mine is 325, but 2 oz deli turkey chopped up, 1/2 an Avocado diced, 1/2 to 1 full medium tomato diced and then 2 tablespoons oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Yummy :wink: