Beautiful Blues 10/11/10

Replies

• cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    By the way, when do you guys weigh in? Do you message the weights to someone? Thanks!!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    By the way, when do you guys weigh in? Do you message the weights to someone? Thanks!!:flowerforyou:
    Weigh in is Friday - send it to Maylan!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Hi all...Well I had one of my typical "off the wagon" days yesterday. I went from church to the flea market to a birthday party before I finally came home again. We stopped for lunch on the road and I had a McDouble and then I had birthday cake at my nephew's party. It was only a small piece but still had appx 8 grams of fat. For dinner I had a Healthy Choice meal and a salad but then the snacking set in. I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. Then Jordy didn't finish his freshly baked chocolate chip cookie so I finished that. I was heading back to the junk food cabinet when I just made myself go to bed so I would stop eating. I was like a Hoover! Of course, I was up a pound today but I am back on the wagon today. I missed boot camp because I didn't do my work before this morning again. I have to get more disciplined so I can make it to my class. Hope you are all doing well.

Christy...Happy birthday to your daughter.

Chrissy...Good luck on your race. I plan to donate to your cause when I finish working today.

Debnu...Glad you daughter made it through the dentist appt. and is doing well. I never hesitate to ask for help with the housework when I need it lol.

Smadag...Good luck getting started back on your running program. I am starting again tomorrow.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hi all,

Well, I had a very interesting weekend...lol, to say the least. We had our church indoor women's volleyball game on saturday night, and the floor was slippery and when I ran to the side, my right foot stepped on the side of my foot. I am laughing, because this has never happened before.. but this can happen to anyone. I was in so much pain that night I could hardly sleep, then sunday I spent the day at home with my foot elevated and smothered in "icy hot". My foot is still a bit swollen, but I did make it to work today but I am walking on the heel of my right foot. Anyhow...I might look into getting cross training shoes, because I've heard before that running sneakers offer supper when you run forward, not sideways. I'm just making the best of it, and laughing at this thing.... Hubby is picking me up from work... thank you God!

I lost a few pounds from the volleyball workout and my arms are all bruised up. When I heal I will be back playing volleyball in no time. I also hope the foot heals in time for my race at the end of the month.

Take care all!
  • MayLan
    Christy- Welcome to the group, and I'm so glad to have you here. We are a great group of people who motivate each other and support our new healthy lifestyle.

Chrissy- Wish you the best on your upcoming race. Sometimes finishing something is more special then setting a record. So proud of you!

Debnu- Keep those quotes coming. I love quotes!

smadag- so glad to hear your'e well and planning your upcoming workouts.

tamelab- Glad to hear you're doing good!
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Christy and Tammy (tamelab) and I were in a group together. I had stopped posting for a while because I was pregnant. The weight gain was necessary, but a little depressing at times. Anyway, I had my daughter on August 26th and wanted to get back into the group and posting. However, the group kind of disappeared. I read Tammy's posting about your group. She has lots of good things to say about you all. I would love to join if you are up to having a new member. I need to have someone to chat with several times a week and need the accountability for sure. When I went to have my daughter I weighed 205. I am now at 174. Hope to reach my goal of 155 by January! Hope to talk to you all soon!
    Christy

Welcome welcome! Always exciting to meet new people on this journey.

So far my weekly goals are going well (except that my roommate refilled the communal plastic Halloween pumpkin with sweet tarts and other Wonka products... darn) and I'm learning that I actually do drink enough water regularly which is exciting. Also, while I gained a bit this week, I lost MAJOR inches! Whoo Hoo! Thank you shred! In one week I took off two whole inches on my waist and one on my arms. It's crazy! I hope this week it reflects on the scale as well. Starting level two tomorrow and a little nervous but up for the challenge. AND my boyfriend FINALLY agreed to go run with me today so I'm going to get off the computer and kick his butt :-)

Happy thoughts and motivation to everyone!
  • tamelab
    Just wanted to say a quick hello. I have a light day typing today so I am going to have lunch with my hubby. I have a Bunkos night scheduled with a group of ladies tonight. The other group provides dinner tonight so I have no idea what I will be eating. I will just try to make the best choices available to me. Hope you all have a wonderful day. It is supposed to be beautiful fall weather here in SC.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Good Morning!!
    I hope you are all doing well. Sending happy thoughts your way for a great day! Keep up the hard work everyone...
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Good Morning Blues,

It was an alright weekend. First holiday without the boyfriend so that was a little hard. I had a friend accompany me so that I wouldn't feel so alone. How was everyone's weekends?
  • MayLan
    Good morning all,

maneyes- so proud of you for doing it, you're really brave!

tamelab- have fun in your get-together tonight!

Christy- Have a wonderful day! tHanks for the happy thoughts!

MTDork- Enjoy your run with your boyfriend. It's so awesome to run with a partner.

So, my foot is getting better all, and I'm optimistic. I'm taking it easy and letting my foot completely heal. I am at work this morning and tomorrow I have the day off to take my daughter who is 2 to her regular dr. appointment. I'm going to be gentle with my body during while my foot heals. This will be a great time for me to work on my eating.

Take care all!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Mayra, that's the perfect attitude! Keep on healing!

maneyes. You can do it! Life changes are difficult but we can always make it work out. That is what you are doing!

I took my son in for a preschool evaluation today. It was a special needs preschool--as he has been in early intervention we had to test him---He so did not qualify. He did better with the testing than I thought he would. Surprised the teachers and me with a few things. I have one smart son. It is rather nice to sign a paper saying my child does not have a disability...:bigsmile:

Wishing everyone a fantastic day!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Got some weight lifting in last night and hoping to do it again tonight. I hope things get better for everyone soon
  • chrissyh
    Mayra-be careful with that foot-I slipped on time and broke mine - didn't realize it was broken until 2 weeks later.

Kathleen-keep it up! Great job.

Deb-give the baby boy a great big hug - I know you are proud of him.

Realizing this morning that weekends are killing me....with being out and about and poor dinner choices it's not been good what I lose during the week I gain on the weekend...not a good cycle when I am not on maintenance. SO I decided that if we are on the road, dinner will be something I can log that way I know where I am....NO more buffets! Just can't do it. We ate buffets twice this weekend....Ryans and Chinese....I am sure I probably ate all my calories in the one meal! Reviewed my food log from two years ago and seems that when I ate less fat I did better so I've lowered my fat to 25% and we'll see what happens. Funny how we continue to learn as our bodies continue to age-seems like everything changes.

Happy WEDNESDAY!
  • tamelab
    Mayra-be careful with that foot-I slipped on time and broke mine - didn't realize it was broken until 2 weeks later.

Kathleen-keep it up! Great job.

Deb-give the baby boy a great big hug - I know you are proud of him.

Realizing this morning that weekends are killing me....with being out and about and poor dinner choices it's not been good what I lose during the week I gain on the weekend...not a good cycle when I am not on maintenance. SO I decided that if we are on the road, dinner will be something I can log that way I know where I am....NO more buffets! Just can't do it. We ate buffets twice this weekend....Ryans and Chinese....I am sure I probably ate all my calories in the one meal! Reviewed my food log from two years ago and seems that when I ate less fat I did better so I've lowered my fat to 25% and we'll see what happens. Funny how we continue to learn as our bodies continue to age-seems like everything changes.

Happy WEDNESDAY!

I know what you mean. I've been craving Chinese for three weeks and I finally had the buffet for lunch yesterday. I ate way too much and my stomach was upset all evening plus I am up a pound today. So not worth it!
  • chrissyh
    My motto....if I can't log it, I can't eat it!
  • debnu1
    Thanks Chrissy! I think that I need to adopt your motto--If it can't be logged, it doesn't get eaten...Would make things a bit more simple wouldn't it!

Have a great day everyone!
  • chrissyh
    I should have said my NEW motto!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Good Evening Everyone,

I've gotten a little distracted with school work lately. Good news is the fact that I'm learning on how to control my portions. I have a long week ahead of me still. This weekend is going to be one challenging weekend. I have my first ultimate tournament paired with Oktoberfesting for the first time.

That is a great motto. I've been lacking on inputting my food and exercise. I'm not at the computer as much now unless I'm working on homework so I haven't been able to keep track. It seems that even without the tools of the counter, I can still keep porportions in tack so that is good news :D. I've been trying to up my water intake again along with exercising more while at school. I think I have to calm down on the water shortly before class or during class though.
  • debnu1
    I should have said my NEW motto!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I understand. If only I had a Iphone where I could just log all day long instead of being hooked to the computer. Logging is very difficult when you have to sit down and put it in instead of the as you go type of thing. I had planned on planning ahead but that hasn't happened yet....Here is to planning ahead!
  • MayLan
    Hello all,

Interesting week for me so far, but thanking God for my blessings. Hubby needs to go the dr. for medical exams. I'm praying to God and leaving everything in his hands.

It seems like my family are all full of heath stories, sorry about that. But, my foot is now better, and I'm looking forward to my workouts and doing this slowly.

Take care all,
    Mayra
This discussion has been closed.