What was your Easter meal?

Options
I was a bit worried today, I have a huge candy weakness. I did it though, YAY! Today I made myself and a few others a yummy meal that didn't make me feel bad about eating it. I made baked french onion chicken, light brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, and whipped jello fruit dessert. I added good in, took some bad out , and made an overall good meal. I'm proud of myself. I also only ate one mini three musketeers marshmallow.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well it was supposed to be tonight but we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch so we just had turkey and peas tonight, lol.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton yesterday - but I had planned that :) It was my baby's first birthday which is a milestone for me. So I did not count yesterday. In return, I did not eat anything special for easter plus went on a 60min run. I am proud I did not get into "now it's too late anyway" mode but just returned to counting again.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Marshmello Peeps
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and carrots.

Vegan and gluten free blondie for dessert.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    These are the days i dont feel like eating much.

I ate special k for breakfast
    a fiber one brownie for snack
    A quest bar for lunch
    probably will have an egg n turkey ham wrap for dinner

No candy. :drinker:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    cod, new potatoes and peas
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Regret, sadness, and self loathing.....

ham, green beans, scalloped potatoes, kings hawaiian roll, chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, a tube of mini M&Ms, a small bag of chessmen minis, a quarter cup of starburst mini's, and soon to be another tube of mini M&Ms

All in all, roughly 1200 OVER my calorie goal....
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Blessing and a curse that I worked today and noone brought in ANY goodies, surprisingly. So I just brought my normal salad and snacks, and avoided all the stuff I really shouldnt have (special medical diet.)

HOWEVER I am CRAVING mashed potatoes SOOOOOO freaking bad right now, with a nice big buttery roll :sad:
  • karenakaboze
    Options
    BBQ Chicken in the crockpot, home made mashed potatoes and sweet peas.. Yum! I had extra calories from the week and had 1/2 reeses egg for dessert. :)
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Well it was supposed to be tonight but we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch so we just had turkey and peas tonight, lol.

I've been wanting to go to the Cheesecake Factory. There is one about an hour and half or so away from my house. Is it worth it? I think I read in one of your posts earlier the cake was not worth the 700 something calories or something like that right?
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Easter BUT last Monday was a special evening in my religion and my family went to an old diner that we used to always go to. And it was a feast day in my diet so I was ready! Unfortunately, new ownership meant the food was nowhere near as good. But I love spending time with my family anyway.

Edit: lol forgot my meal, I had French toast, turkey sausage, egg whites and collard greens
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bean sprouts, zucchini, a cucumber and tomato salad with feta and kalmata olives, and a baked trout filet.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    An egg mcmuffin, hash browns, orange juice. Then a chocolate frozen banana. Then a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a diet coke. Then chocolate ice cream. Then tonight a boiled egg, half an avocado, and I'm going to have a glass of whiskey.

No Easter ham or roast beef this year, but I'm not complaining. The cheeseburger was really good.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Well, if I had been able to be with family, I would have had no qualms about having a wonderful, Easter style meal.
    As is, I was alone, so I just had my usual oatmeal after an hour at the gym, and a dinner of vegetarian sausages, colcannon mash, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and aubergine and lentil salad. Followed by an apple.

I have, however, had some mini hot cross buns and some chocolate as well.
    One day people, why ruin it by having regrets and shame ?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Picnic and a hike for Easter 2014: "Healthy" tuna salad, kettle cooked chips, cantaloupe, and two Palmier cookie/pastries.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A hot dog on a bun. I'm about to just wolf it down and head out to a brutal underground show. Priorities, man.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Leftover carnitas and cadbury cream eggs.

I didn't feel like cooking.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We had ham, green bean casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn. :) The only thing I had to "make" was the green bean casserole, and that we beyond easy. We had leftover ham that we thawed and the potatoes were the refrigerated stuff. Delicious!!!!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, at a get together, was an epic feast of 3k calories! I was slightly underweight on accident (maintenance) so no great, big deal. Today was a sensible meal of salad, fish and a small portion of goodies! Happy Easter!
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Baked ham, green beans, potato salad, oriental slaw, baked beans, broccoli casserole, mac n cheese, 7 layer salad & a lemon cupcake with lemon icing...mmm...sooooo good. Today, I treated myself! I didn't overeat, just a teaspoon of each thing, except the cupcake, I ate the whole thing! Delish! :blushing: