What was your Easter meal?

Options

Replies

• terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    spiral baked ham, pinto beans, mac and cheese, dressed eggs, chicken and dressing, strawberry cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. HAPPY EASTER.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Roast leg of lamb
    Roasted red potatoes with garlic and dill
    Grilled veggies- eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, red bell pepper with Italian vinaigrette and Tuscan seasoning
    Large glass of shiraz
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    A grillers original veggie patty, mashed potatoes, country gravy, corn, green beans n 2 Sara Lee hawaain rolls and red velvet cake w/ homemade cream cheese frosting
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Leftovers Lol! Been very busy this week with all the extra Holy Week Masses. Chrism Mass Wednesday, Maunday Thursday , Good Friday, Saturday vigil with a baptism, Easter Sunday with 2 baptisms. We had Leftover curry soup with Uttapam waffles for lunch and a 2 hour family bike ride. My husband and I agreed to stop having these massive feasts where we end up with huge quantities of leftovers, gain 5 lbs and get all stressed out. We just focus on God and family now. We helped our daughter make a 3D lamb cake for the Baptism at church. She enjoyed piping all the wool frosting. But that was the extent of our efforts. She has a basket of candy from yesterday's egg hunt so she couldnt care less if we made a big meal. She is more interested in riding bikes.
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lol no fancy meal for me. I had to work most of today...BUT when I came home I found that my boyfriend had left me a yummy chocolate rabbit before he left to go to hos job. I wasted no time scarfing down the entire thing.

It was SO worth every calorie! All 440 of them. :p
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yogurt for breakfast, and then a couple of oreo's. Dinner was Ham, potato salad, pasta salad, 3 different types of deviled eggs, avocado, bacon and shrimp, then a small piece of chocolate pie (not your classic pie). Yummy, no candy just pie, and a really small piece. No regrets here
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had an Italian feast and a dark chocolate bunny. Worth the next two days burning it off.
  • jamieo70
    jamieo70 Posts: 24
    Options
    Fried chicken, slaw with a vinegar dressing, corn bread, hashbrown casserole, a bit of smoked sausage and some cheese and a slice of red velvet cake.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    smoked ham, au gratin potatoes, rolls, broccoli [edit to add] oh, and a snicker doodle cookie bar. Stayed within my limit by 1 calorie :drinker:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    We went very casual for ours. I made an assortment of tiny sandwiches-- egg salad, cream cheese and olive, peanut butter and honey, and cream cheese with marmalade. We also had baked carrots with olive oil and oregano, a four-bean salad, and cupcakes from a local bakery.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dinner out at a beautiful restaurant overlooking Cook Inlet & the mountains. Had prime rib (took half home for husbands lunch) red jacket mashed potatoes, asparagus, one slice of AMAZING bread with real butter, cappuccino & cheese cake (5 bites - husband ate the rest). Under calories for the day and felt GREAT!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Turkey with stuffing, rice, salad, perogies, springrolls, buns, sausage, olives and apple pie.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    We don't live close to any family so it was just the husband, I and the kids. We just stuck to our normal routine. For dinner I had a smoothie lol {pineapple, mango, strawberry, banana, greek yogurt, coconut milk}.
  • Dsanders460
    Dsanders460 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I threw counting calories out the window for the holiday (though I did try to restrict my portion sizes of the more calorie laden foods) Roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, broccoli and rice casserole, one cresent roll with cinnamon butter and banana split cake for dessert! It was beyond marvelous! With such a large lunch, I was only hungry enough for a couple little snacks later on in the day, and according to the scale I accrued no damage so I am pretty happy overall. I am determined to fit that Reeces peanut butter egg into my calories this week though... Maybe I'll chop it into thirds and have it as a treat throughout the week??? MMmmm.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Turkey, stuffing, baked potato, salad with onions and mango, and some chocolate. Gotta have chocolate!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Turkey with stuffing, rice, salad, perogies, springrolls, buns, sausage, olives and apple pie.
    I imagined your photo screaming these foods.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Had 3 chocolate mint ice-cream cones and 2 Oh Henry bars (in addition to regular food).
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We had baked ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, baked beans, salad w/raspberry pecan vinaigrette and warm fresh sourdough bread :smile:
    For snacks I indulged in some chips and my husbands grandmas queso dip which was worth every calorie! I kept my day somewhat in line by having a bowl of fruit salad for dessert instead of the cheesecake and candy that were calling my name.

Today I am back on track and still loving that I had my normal Easter meal with family. No shame here.:drinker:
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ham, brussel sprouts, broccoli, acorn squash and some malted milk eggs. I left the potato salad, macaroni salad, biscuits and strawberry shortcake for the rest of the family.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ham, carrots, some veg medley, corn, biscuit, lemon cake, caramel-apple cheesecake, and beer.