clean desserts please!

Options

Replies

• natc65
    natc65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :love: A frozen banana, half a cup of coconut milk any other frozen fruit eg raspberries or blueberries . Blitz in the food processor. Best icecream Eva!
  • MrsRatfire
    MrsRatfire Posts: 102
    Options
    As long as the Skinny Cow calorie and nutritional count fits into your day, in my opinion, that is fine. They do taste very good.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The new Ben & Jerry's core ice creams - noms. Especially good when topped w/whipped cream, a little extra peanut butter and some crushed M&M's. :D Or Pop-Tarts.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Almonds or Walnuts dipped in Nutella
    Nutella and bananas
    Ice cream - with or without Nutella

All of these have no flour - I'm assuming that is your definition of "clean" from your OP.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want.... Run for 30 mins (or more based on how much you eat) to compensate.
    Cool eating disorder trick. :flowerforyou:

How is this an "eating disorder trick"? Lots of us on here on MFP will often do a little more working out to "earn" an extra scoop of ice cream or a cookie once in a while... and no one could ever suspect *me* of having an ED. I like food way too much!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    righ fruit sorbets, my favourite is mango sorbet - check the ingredients, i've found one which contains the mango :)

also any ice-cream - i just have a 50g serving and it's wonderful, I get to have walnut at the moment, when i've done enough exercise to spare the calories :)
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I make my own trifle type thing - home-made jelly flavoured with some of my protein shake flavouring powder (I buy unflavoured protein, and a selection of the flavourings seperately) topped with a huge serving of quark (nom nom nom) and fruit (or whatever you want to sprinkle on the top - nuts/granola etc).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow ice cream treats. They aren't much smaller than others, they are just low fat. But I've never been a fan of phlegmy milk fat so I actually prefer low fat ice cream treats.

But a fairly clean dessert I make is to mix dry rolled oats, peanut butter and a little maple syrup and eat with a spoon.

Fried apples mixed with toasted oats and nuts is pretty tasty too.
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the healthy ideas and recipes!!! I will definitely get creative tonight : )
  • imawatermelon
    Options
    I love the yaso frozen Greek yogurt bars. They are 80-100 calories each and very low in fat. My favorite flavors are vanilla bean and salty caramel but there are many more like fudge and strawberry. Another healthy dessert choice is fruit dipped in a bit of chocolate. Sometimes I like to freeze fruit like mango and melon, basically any fruit that has some water in it. When it's frozen it's a bit icy. And don't forget smoothies! Low fat fruit yogurt or simply fruit blended up is a great dessert choice. You can then make Popsicles out of that. Hope I helped!!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want.... Run for 30 mins (or more based on how much you eat) to compensate.
    Cool eating disorder trick. :flowerforyou:

Exercising extra in order to earn more calories for your day is an eating disorder?

I guess I need to make an appointment with a shrink. I have a serious eating disorder.
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Avocado Pudding.

I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard amazing reviews. I would get the recipe from cookingwithjax.com, its a food blog filled with tons of healthy foods.
  • Dugleik157
    Options
    Make your own sorbet!
  • marleyskye05
    Options
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/recipe-healthy-chocolate-fudgesicles/

I make mine with a bit of plain greek yogurt as well for added protein and creaminess. :)
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I recommend fruit juice made fresh from a juicer.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Talenti is clean as long as you don't drop it on the way to your mouth :flowerforyou:

Perfect answer :heart:
  • brookemart81
    brookemart81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this obsession with pureed bananas. That's not ice cream, that's baby food. :/
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    :love: A frozen banana, half a cup of coconut milk any other frozen fruit eg raspberries or blueberries . Blitz in the food processor. Best icecream Eva!

This sounds fantastic.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You know what dem old suga daddies say.....you can have whatever you liiiiiike (yes)
  • DannPM31
    DannPM31 Posts: 32
    Options
    Figs and dates are overtly sweet and utterly delicious. Glycemic index is like 42, full of fiber, and potassium, and micronutrients. You can't go wrong!