Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    clean desserts? stop eating out the bin
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I let myself have a plain rice cake with 1/2 a tbsp of natural organic peanut butter on top.

edit: oh and some banana slices on top as well

this makes me have the sadz...you consider that a dessert...wow...
  • picklelou
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of raw chocolate. Tastes amazing, and whilst you are still going to need to save some calories for it, the ingredients actually have nutritional benefits, as opposed to empty calories (like the Skinny Cow products, which I too try to avoid).

Also vegan friendly and gluten free.

A couple of examples i've made recently:

Raw Chocolates:
    1 cup raw Cacao Powder
    3/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil (warm over a bowl of warm water so it's in its melted form)
    2 tbsp Agave

mix all ingredients in a bowl and then pour into chocolate moulds and set/keep in the fridge.

Raw Chocolate Mousse:
    4 tbsp raw cacao powder
    2 tbsp Agave
    3 tbsp coconut oil (in it's melted form, as above)
    1 large avocado
    1 banana
    teeny, tiny sprikle of sea salt (i prefer the Pink Rock salt).

Place everything in a blender (i use my nutribullet or a hand blender), and blend, blend, blend until silky smooth.
    I pour it into 4 ramekins. Then set it in the Fridge for at least an hour.

Enjoy :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    So much :sad: in this post!!!
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This made me smile haha :)

You know what dem old suga daddies say.....you can have whatever you liiiiiike (yes)
  • runway12
    Options
    These sound good :)

I love the yaso frozen Greek yogurt bars. They are 80-100 calories each and very low in fat. My favorite flavors are vanilla bean and salty caramel but there are many more like fudge and strawberry. Another healthy dessert choice is fruit dipped in a bit of chocolate. Sometimes I like to freeze fruit like mango and melon, basically any fruit that has some water in it. When it's frozen it's a bit icy. And don't forget smoothies! Low fat fruit yogurt or simply fruit blended up is a great dessert choice. You can then make Popsicles out of that. Hope I helped!!
  • runway12
    Options
    Thank you! Helps that I am vegetarian : )

I'm a huge fan of raw chocolate. Tastes amazing, and whilst you are still going to need to save some calories for it, the ingredients actually have nutritional benefits, as opposed to empty calories (like the Skinny Cow products, which I too try to avoid).

Also vegan friendly and gluten free.

A couple of examples i've made recently:

Raw Chocolates:
    1 cup raw Cacao Powder
    3/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil (warm over a bowl of warm water so it's in its melted form)
    2 tbsp Agave

mix all ingredients in a bowl and then pour into chocolate moulds and set/keep in the fridge.

Raw Chocolate Mousse:
    4 tbsp raw cacao powder
    2 tbsp Agave
    3 tbsp coconut oil (in it's melted form, as above)
    1 large avocado
    1 banana
    teeny, tiny sprikle of sea salt (i prefer the Pink Rock salt).

Place everything in a blender (i use my nutribullet or a hand blender), and blend, blend, blend until silky smooth.
    I pour it into 4 ramekins. Then set it in the Fridge for at least an hour.

Enjoy :)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Well OP, you made this hard because my dessert would be greek yogurt and/or fruit, but one thing i bet no one here has yet mentioned -

when i want something filling and yummy, i just eat peanut butter by the spoonful out of the jar. About 2-3 big spoonsful and im good to go. its also fun to eat out of the jar like im a bad kid. Jiff creamy is the brand i like.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Melt some dark chocolate. Dip bananas and strawberries in the melted (but not too hot!) chocolate. Place on parchment paper and freeze.
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well OP, you made this hard because my dessert would be greek yogurt and/or fruit, but one thing i bet no one here has yet mentioned -

when i want something filling and yummy, i just eat peanut butter by the spoonful out of the jar. About 2-3 big spoonsful and im good to go. its also fun to eat out of the jar like im a bad kid. Jiff creamy is the brand i like.

My boyfriend sprinkles chocolate chips in the peanut butter first, then eats it by the spoon out of the jar. Makes me laugh every time, but honestly I'd be joining him if I could stand the texture of peanut butter.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love ending my day with a little treat, but I always want it to be healthy. I'm getting kind of tired of arctic zero, greek yogurt, fruit parfaits, fruit, etc. haha I have tried lots of different things : ) Is there any recipes (preferably without flour) or even a healthy or healthy-ish treat you buy at a store? I always see those skinny cow desserts but it seems like those are just unhealthy ice cream bars shrunk in size for less calories :P Ideas?!

Egads. What is inherently unhealthy about ice cream?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    fresh_strawberry_original.jpg

I'm having this tonight. Not sure if it's clean but...i mean, I don't get hung up on that kinda thing
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I just dropped chocolate on the floor. But I blew on it...does that count?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

How many seconds was it on the floor?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

How many seconds was it on the floor?
    Well I went over to the bfs for a few hrs so he could participate in clean eating...it was on the floor when I got back...I think the cat may have picked it out of the bag....it's candy coated though so it's not like it eats up lint :D
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I had this Avocado Pudding tonight, not so great warm, so I tossed it in the freezer for one hour it was good.

http://theprettybee.com/2014/01/chocolate-avocado-pudding-paleo-vegan.html
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein powder desserts?

Try proteinpow.com
  • curvyin2014
    Options
    A few years back, when I was 250 pounds and flirting with diabetes, I discovered many low sugar, low calorie desserts. Now that I'm down in the 180 range, I still eat some of them. My favorite frozen pie recipe is:

8 oz Lite {or sugar free} Cool Whip
    1 package Sugar free Jello {of your favorite flavor}
    2 packages Lite Yoplait yogurt {matching jello flavor}
    I have made this in just about ever flavor you can think of. It's 91 calories a serving.

And a 66 calorie chilled pudding I really like:

1 1.4 oz packages of Jello sugar free pudding and pie filling
    1 1/2 cups skim milk
    2 cups lite Cool Whip

Tonight we served cheesecake pudding on frozen Margarita pie. They were very good together.

10294476_727970570581402_2017417441154860278_n.jpg

How many servings do these make?
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    A few years back, when I was 250 pounds and flirting with diabetes, I discovered many low sugar, low calorie desserts. Now that I'm down in the 180 range, I still eat some of them. My favorite frozen pie recipe is:

8 oz Lite {or sugar free} Cool Whip
    1 package Sugar free Jello {of your favorite flavor}
    2 packages Lite Yoplait yogurt {matching jello flavor}
    I have made this in just about ever flavor you can think of. It's 91 calories a serving.

And a 66 calorie chilled pudding I really like:

1 1.4 oz packages of Jello sugar free pudding and pie filling
    1 1/2 cups skim milk
    2 cups lite Cool Whip

Tonight we served cheesecake pudding on frozen Margarita pie. They were very good together.

How many servings do these make?

That is one serving of each. I put the frozen one in an 8X8 baking dish and cut it into eight pieces. The pudding is nine servings. The dish we used was deeper, so I just marked it off in thirds each way.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

My boyfriend sprinkles chocolate chips in the peanut butter first, then eats it by the spoon out of the jar. Makes me laugh every time, but honestly I'd be joining him if I could stand the texture of peanut butter.

Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter w/Honey, with or without chocolate chips . . . Utterly awesome, especially right out of the jar.