HOW DO I TELL THE HUSBAND TO SHUT UP WITH OUT BEING MEAN!!!!

Options
Nevermind I'm going to say i'm sorry. I realized I over reacted and took **** personal!

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yeah, after that tirade I'll bet he was done talking about your weight! Seriously, the man made you a burger and fries. Asked you if you needed more. And asked a fairly benign question about how much weight you had gained back.

I'm not sure I am seeing the problem here...
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Because it was all said with sarcasm..and meaness!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Seems like your diet plan, when you stick to it, is not enjoyable to you at all.

What are you setting your cals to? And why can't you eat after 6pm?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I doubt he'll be mentioning your weight loss one way or the other after that.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    He is helping you, by not sugar coating it!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It's fine to eat past 6pm *skips out*
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Men typically are wired to fix things,what we see as critical talk is often just them trying to help,it may come off as insensitive but if your always bemoaning how fat and out of shape you are (not saying your doing that just an example) hes just trying to fix what he hears is wrong with you. It also sounds like your being defensive and hes reacting to that. Weightloss is very personal and the less you share of your frustrations with him the better. Just do what you need to do to stay on track and be thankful when he notices but dont point it out or ask for his help. Its your battle.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Maybe you should stop talking to him about it. Maybe you could focus some time on figuring out and meeting his needs instead of worrying about how much he falls short of meeting yours.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. Thankfully, I'm no longer in such a relationship. But for you, just remember... you're doing this for YOU!!! Also remember that maybe his intent was not sarcastic but you took it that way, but if he's anything like my ex, forget it! The intent was there.

Also know that even when you go back full force, cheat days are ok. Don't beat yourself up, just get back and start again no matter what anyone says.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It's fine to eat past 6pm *skips out*

Lol:). Hey ! Come back here and explain yourself young lady!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah... What a sucky boyfriend to cook you food and ask if you want more. :noway:

Also, not sure why you are on such a restrictive diet in the first place.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tell him to stfu.
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all your replys...maybe i'm just over reacting! I dont eat pass 6pm cause when I do I dont see weight loss.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all your replys...maybe i'm just over reacting! I dont eat pass 6pm cause when I do I dont see weight loss.

Meal timing is irrelevant.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Send him an email and type the subject in all caps.

He'll know you mean business.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Meal timing is irrelevant.

Maybe. Maybe not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23357955

I know for myself, I lose weight if I don't eat after 5pm, even if my calorie intake stays the same.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Because it was all said with sarcasm..and meaness!

tumblr_lwdmj3738P1qzgpx9.gif
  • lion87655
    Options
    Honestly? Your husband sounds like an *kitten*. If the person I was with ever said anything like that to me, that would be the last thing they said to me for several days. I mean, sounds like a round 'bout way of calling you fat or like he's afraid you're going to 'get fat' again. I have no advice for you except to just tell him what an *kitten* he was for saying something so mean and that if he wants to be supporting to you, that is fine but he can't and won't be able to shame you into eating healthy/working out.