Last 10 lb Challenge!

Options
:smile: I have been at this since the end of Jan. I have about 10lbs to go to meet my goal. I have been at a standstill for about a month.:grumble: I know the last 10 lbs are the hardest. From what I have read written by those who have met their goal, they lost the last 10 lbs by doing cardio 45 minutes a day/4-6 days a week. I need to incorporate this along with my pilates and strength training. I do better with support. Are you in my shoes? Do you want to join me?

My goal: Meet my goal weight by Christmas! My New Year's resolution will be to maintain my new weight...not to lose weight like it has been for years. I believe this will happen.:smile:

I will check in and out throughout the week to encourage others and report in. Official check in will be on Sunday. Let us know how many times you worked out the week before and what your plan is for the next week. You can also report if you are closer to meeting your goal.

:heart: Goodbye last 10 lbs....hello new goal weight....and new buds! :flowerforyou:

:drinker: Here's to a new, serious attitude about kicking the last 10 lbs out!

:flowerforyou: Are you in?

Replies

• DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i too want to lose 10lbs! i lost 45lbs and met my goal weight 15lbs ago (well over a month ago) but it wasnt enough.

i have about 8percent more body fat to go and i thats a good 10lbs!
  • njjbosse
    Options
    im at my last 10 lbs too, and i haven't seen a change in the scale in 2 weeks, its very frustrating, good luck!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I still need to reduce my weight by 20 lbs, but our time frame is the same. My goal is to be at 135 b y New Years Day. I am currently at 161. I know I can do it - I've reduced my weight by nearly 40 lbs in less than 4 months, so I'm certain I can manage the last 20 too. Add me as a friend if you like - we can provide encouragement and support for each other.

I think I am more concerned about the maintenance piece of it - finding that balance to maintain - not gain/not lose - just maintain. I will definitely be looking for support during that time too.

Blessings

Vickie
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Fab, I am on board....I am 8 lbs away from goal, (to be 165lbs..and I am 5'8" tall) so would love that as my Christmas present and I'm with you on the New Year--maintaining----then maybe we can start a maintenance group because that is what REALLY scares me....anyhow, I have lost a total of 55lbs (including the month and a half before I joined MFP)...so I am up for the challange and promise to keep checking in and encouraging all you other 10# (0r less) to goers.....Let's do this!!! Good luck everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend I have closer to 20lbs, total to lose, but I am glad to get in and support everyone and hopefully push myself through my next 10lbs. I will be checking in to support everyone and to let you know how I'm progressing. Good luck to everyone and lets do this thing!! :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Fab, I am on board....I am 8 lbs away from goal, (to be 165lbs..and I am 5'8" tall) so would love that as my Christmas present and I'm with you on the New Year--maintaining----then maybe we can start a maintenance group because that is what REALLY scares me....anyhow, I have lost a total of 55lbs (including the month and a half before I joined MFP)...so I am up for the challange and promise to keep checking in and encouraging all you other 10# (0r less) to goers.....Let's do this!!! Good luck everyone!!:flowerforyou:

We can do this girlie! We are sooooo close! Let's kick it!:happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi!

Sunday check in: just started this new challenge yesterday so not too much to report. I did have a date with "Dusty," my treadmill! :laugh: We have not had a rendevous in while! I lasted 35 minutes. Goal is 45 min. 4-6 days per week. I promised Dusty I would visit him tomorrow as well. :wink:

How is going for you? Here is to a great week!:drinker:
    Sharon
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    count me in fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have 8lbs to go and really want it to happen over the 2months...................

add me as your friend and lets get this party started girl!

timbonita and i are there for eachother, so count us on your side!

cardio here i come!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Got in a great P90x workout today..had my god daughtets b-day party so eating wasn't probably the best but went with portion control as my guide and was still under calore, and I pushed the water....so I'll count that as a success...going to the YMCA tomorrow, so should burn some good calories there,....good night everyone.....(rymattsmom, glad to see you here, we are surely going to lose those last 8 together.....:flowerforyou:
  • rymattsmom
    Options
    you got it timbo!

got some good cardio in this am, 45 minutes on the elliptical and i am now increasing resistance so that is helping i think. may do some spin classes this week to focus on cardio, not sure yet.

happy monday everyone!

tryin some new recipes i found on here, go the crock pot out, yummy! will let u all know how it goes!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    count me in fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have 8lbs to go and really want it to happen over the 2months...................

add me as your friend and lets get this party started girl!

timbonita and i are there for eachother, so count us on your side!

cardio here i come!

OK! You are in! It is on!!!

:flowerforyou: Happy Columbus Day! Day off here so no excuses! I usually teach a nightclass so I don't get a workout in. Notta today. I WILL hop back on "Dusty" the treadmill and go 40 minutes today. I WILL drink oodles of water and take time for pilates and relaxing. I WILL enjoy this beautiful day and be thankful for the turning leaves that remind me that seasons change....in life too. I am ready for this new season in my life.....of being fit, healthy and active. I am so blessed! Here's to you!:drinker:
  • rymattsmom
    Options
    you go fab! with that can do attitude you will go places girl!
  • annetten83
    Options
    I also have about 8 more lbs I want to loose. I would love to join as well!
  • thik_nis
    thik_nis Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh... these 10 lbs have been plaguing me for what seems like forever!!! :sad:
    It makes me mad b/c I feel like I workout so hard. But I also eat "hard". :ohwell: But I am going to try to lose a lb a week. I weigh in on Wednesdays. I was trying to do WW, on my own. But I think I need to talk to them bc I feel like WW won't help or I need to adjust something. Anyway...for now I'm gonna just go by my cals per MFP.

Good Luck everyone!! :wink:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I have 11 lbs. to go so would love to join. These next few months will be really challenging with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and while I am doing really well day-to-day those special things knock me right off my game! So, already today, I've done 45 mintues of spin and 50 minutes of cardio/sculpt. Will be somewhat busy as this is laundry day so multiple trips up and downstairs plus picking up the house from the weekend. Just weighed in yesterday so know the 11 lbs. is firm (unless the wedding I went to yesterday really hurt me!). I'm also really up for a maintenance group for WHEN we lose this weight!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started the ten lb challenge on my own about two weeks ago and i'm down 4.5lbs. So, i'll friend you and offer encouragement. My plan is all in the diet. I run three days a week, between 4-6 miles at a time and do 60 min 3 times a week of strenuous circuit training. Now it's time for my diet! Let's go
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Count me in. Although I wouldn't have said it at the time, losing (and keeping off!) this last 10/15 pounds has been much harder than losing the previous 60+ pounds! Its hard. And when you are in groups where people are losing 2-3 pounds a week because they're trying to lose 50 pounds, it can make you irrationally bitter. So I like the fact that our goal is slow and steady.

I missed the Sunday check-in, but I'm here now.
  • lovergirlcharm
    Options
    Count me in...I have been trying to drop 10 lbs for the longest...Easting Jamaican bun and cheese is not helping either (lol). So hopefully with this challenge I will be able to banish that 10 lbs once and for all.:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Fab, looks like you have a great idea.....this loosing the last 10 sounds like a very motivated group....and how cute you calling your treadmill "dusty", my should be an orphan because I have abandoned him, HA!!!

rymatts mom....sounds like you have a great workout planned

would love to mention everyone but I have a terrible memory and oh, what was I saying, HA!!

Got in a pretty good workout in at the YMCA...picked up a program (class) sheest but since the Y just opened, they don't have a lot of classes yet and the times aren't good for me, but they are supposed to add more.....tomorrow-I will get a walk/run in at the track (including stadium step running)....talk to you all tomorrow....have a great night!
  • rymattsmom
    Options
    my scale was not a happy place this am. will go to spin class tonight and try to burn the rest off!
    i weigh in on fri's with another group of ladies so i will stick with that day and let u all know how i do! don't think i will get any more exercise in for the week, that will be 4 days of exercise in 1 week which is good for me, will see though.

hope everyone is doing well!