Last 10 lb Challenge!

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Had a little bad day today, a little over on all my food checks...but tomorrow is another day....will be weighing in again either tomorrow or Thursday...we'll see how I feel in the morning.....Good night all!!:flowerforyou:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i find that ginger tea seems to cut down my cravings... i like tohave a reliable scale bc it keeps me in check... but ya ill just use the GOALPANTS for now instead and weigh in at the gym (occasionally)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am trying to lose about 3-5 lbs more. I was doing well for a few weeks by doing Eat-Stop-Eat but have made little to no progress since I stopped doing that, so I went back to it starting today. I have been doing a combo of beachbody programs, Jillian Michaels, and the elliptical for exercise. I am gluten intolerant and try to avoid processed sugar as well. Anyone have tips for those last few pounds? The diet pill section of the grocery store is starting to look tempting :laugh:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Welcome cutmd. I'd be curious to know how eat-stop-eat works for you. I tried it, and although it wasn't as hard as I thought to fast from dinner to dinner, I stopped after 3 weeks because I didn't see any results.

As for the last 2-5 lbs...I have no experience doing it and keeping it off (lol!), so take my advice with a big grain of salt. But I guess it probably depends on what kinds of pounds they are. If they are only "sorta-kinda vanity pounds" then I would focus on heavier weight training and/or exchanging a few eliptical workouts for interval training on the bike or treadmill. I am a big fan of interval training. Its *hard,* so when I'm struggling to be active, like I am now, I just work out like a normal person. But when I've done interval training in the past, it really has a way of getting results. It may prove to be the little tweak you need.

If they are "i wanna look like a rock star" vanity pounds, you're probably just going to have to workout harder and eat squeaky clean...like the rock stars do. I've never known anyone with rock-star-vanity-pounds to lose who didn't just have to "work" it off. Which is why those rock stars are always going up and down, up and down...its hard to maintain perfection!

There. Gigantic grain of salt. Because you've been more successful than me! I should be asking *you* for advice!

Oh yeah. And although you already know it, I will try to help you steal your resolve: stay away from the diet pill section! Lies, lies, and lots of caffeine! That's pretty much all they have to offer.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

Just checking in midweek. How is it going for you this week? Are you drinking that water? Are you meeting your exercise goals? How's the food? Are you focusing on clean and simple eating?

I got a walk in yesterday. My two days off this week were Monday and Tues. My arches just kill me when I am walking. I am so dissapointed. I started walking again after 2 foot surgeries this year and was so excited to get back into it. My feet are telling me they are not ready for rigorous walking yet....or something!! Any insight? I am going to focus on some aerobic video workouts rather than the treadmill for a few days. Maybe my arches will heal up. They feel kind of inflamed. I don't want to aggravate the situation.

I have 2/5 days in of aerobic exercise and good eating this week. I need to up the water intake though. Must flush the fat from this bod! Happy "Hump Day.!" Enjoy this wonderful day!:flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning all, been kinda busy lately (aren't we all) if only there were 26 hours in a day, HA!! Heading out to do some shopping, we are getting our family (hubby, me and kids) pic taken and we need matching sweaters, so I am on a mission....I am getting my exercise in where I can (got two 30 min stints in yesturday, but would LOVE to get an hour of P90x in tonight).....no real plans after supper today, so I must, I must, I must increase my bust....I mean workout, HA!!!!! Have a great day ladies!!!...:flowerforyou:
  • fitbot
    Options
    yes i did go to bed at 5 am and woke up at 1pm. but.. i did dance a lot for about 3 hours last night. :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    So, I"m doing good on the exercise and eating under my calories (maybe too under) but they haven't been stellar calories choices. For instance, last night my husband had a dinner and it was just my teen boys and me. That's always a problem because we eat the stuff then that daddy doesn't like. So, we had General Tso's chicken (the frozen kind from Sam's). Not great but I tried to balance it with some brown rice and lima beans! But boy is that fried stuff causing a number on me today-I need to drink a LOT of water. We are having fish tonight with mango salsa, quinoa pilaf and a salad (I can hear the groaning already!).
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am just doing what I've always been doing. Following my Turbo Fire schedule. I weight myself Wednesday (those are my weigh-in days) and I lost a pound.
  • cutmd
    Options
    Thanks tatiana,

I do intervals on the elliptical and let my heart rate go between 150s to 160s, I also occasionally do hiit to 170s though I usually preserve that intensity for my insanity and turbo fire workouts.

I guess they are rockstar pounds since I am 15-18% body fat and like my body, but based on the bmr it shouldn't be that hard to achieve and maintain. It's not like I am trying to be figure athlete level. My abs look great in certain light, I just want the cuts to show all the time in any light :tongue: the frustrating part is when I really crack down I still don't lose like I'm supposed to. I will eat 1200 calories net and work out like a fiend and nothing. Somehow eating more and then doing eat stop eat worked better for me. I just wish the math would add up :grumble:

Best of luck to all of us!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Midweek...doing excellently. I tried my best not to get on the scale, but I have been. Because I am ridiculous. But it has been encouraging. But official weigh-in is on Saturday, so not posting it yet. The problem with scale hopping, of course, is that's its not always encouraging. Sigh...one day I will be perfect, but for now, I'll just have to accept my flaws :wink:

cutmd. Well, I have nothing to add Ms. 15-18% bodyfat! Well...not true. It seems that its even easier to give advice when you don't have any idea what you're talking about, so here goes. From the mouth of the person who doesn't know what she's talking about: I might guess that with the amount of lean muscle mass you have, 1200 calories net may be too low. I lose weight on 1200 net calories and my body fat is....pudgy...and I am not quite 5 ft! Your metabolism *must* be higher than mine. So maybe its starving...well starving is a strong word...but a little too hungry to burn more fat? But really, when you're talking rockstar-vanity-pounds, it could be anything. Because the difference between 15% and 10% seems to come down to a lot of "tweaking"....at least that's what all the "build muscle and get lean" blogs seem to keep telling me (when they're not trying to tell me to buy their plan to make 'building muscle and getting lean' really very easy...)

But I've been really good with the water. Which is hard for me because I think I was a camel in a past life. I do not get thirsty. I just don't. So its a forced/routine. But I've been getting better at forcing it! And the food and exercise have gone well. I'm on plan and on track.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    down 1.2! getting there!!!!!!!!!!! about 6-7lbs left!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Yay for those who are down a bit! Every bit counts! I was over today on salt and under on my cals by 1! :laugh: I cut back to pilates only for a bit as my arches in my feet feel inflamed! :sad: I will double my workout on Sat and drink enough water to flood the Mississippi!:laugh: Going out to lunch with the girls to a local winery. Hopefully they will have a healthy salad on the menu. Someone at work asked me today how much weight I had lost. She said she could really tell today. My pants were baggy! That was nice to hear. Hopefully that scale will move soon for me! Tired of being STUCK!!!! I will be checking in tomorrow! Nighty night!:smooched:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Down another 1lb.......6 more to go....finally got my P90x workout in last night--definetly have to get heavier weights....hope everyone else is cruising along....will try to do my Sat challange....heading out early for my son's bowling league, then later this evening my sons football banquet, but would love to go for a walk and enjoy the fall follage (?spelling)...have a GREAT day all!!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I did my weigh-in a day early because I won't be home tomorrow morning....and, I'm moving in the right direction! I reached my mini-goal, and surpassed it by a pound! 9 lbs left.

I've also been excellent with my water and am meeting my exercise goals--which are admittedly low, but there's a method to my madness...

Congrats to everyone else who is losing, and to those who are stalled...just keep chugging along, it WILL pay off.
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Sunday!

Just checking in for the week...my stats:

Weight 161....same as last week

Exercise 4/7 times (arches inflamed and mostly doing floor work-dangit!):ohwell:

Pretty good at food choices and need to up my water!:drinker:

Congrats to those that had the scale gods smiling down on you....hoping to join you next week! :bigsmile:

Have an awesome week all! Check in and out and keep us updated on your progress!:flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Checking in, lost almost 1 lb. this week. Leaves me with 10 lbs. exactly to lose and I'll be scratching and clawing to lose every one of those! Had a good week food and exercise wise so need to continue this week. Only hiccup I'll have is my son's district swimming championships-all day swim meet with really no opportunity to work-out and limited food options. That's on Thursday so I'll work extra hard on Wednesday and Friday to compensate for it. Good luck!
  • cutmd
    Options
    Ok, it hasn't even been a week and I have lost 2 lbs thanks to 2 ese sessions. This puts me 0.5 away from my original goal weight that I recently strayed from. Hubby is out of town starting tonight so I can't use him as an excuse - I am going to go hard and try to lose another 2 by the time he comes back. That would put me very close to seeing what I look like at 115.

The fact that eat stop eat works so well makes me wonder if I've been underestimating my calories. I don't know that I believe in this starvation mode business. :indifferent:
  • fitbot
    Options
    my 'skinny pants' fit me ridiculously well today :)
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    my 'skinny pants' fit me ridiculously well today :)
    How wonderful is that?!?!