Mixed Messages... WTF!

Options
13»

Replies

• leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. Are you going to date the guy? If not - who cares what he called you. Like if an idiot told you that you looked like a man or someone you thought was ugly - would you care? All that really matters is what you think, you know?

I probably wouldn't mind someone calling me Meaty, but I likely wouldn't date them either. There's so many other words out there. I guess a comment/compliment like that wouldn't be intriguing enough to get my attention.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have been wrestling with a comment I received while walking through Penn Stattion Thursday afternoon. I was approached by 2 men who were cat calling me, which made me feel good until one of them called me "MEATY"...(as in "just the way I like 'em")
    not sure how I feel about that. LOL... he was still hitting on me pretty hard, but I couldnt decide if I should be flattered by the attention or completely disgusted by being called MEATY. UGH

I dont like how I look these days so I felt great for a few minutes and then not so great. all that keeps going through my head is the word MEATY. which doesnt exactly invoke a good feeling.

I am trying to focus more on the fact that they thought i was attractive even at this weight, but i just keep hearing MEATY.... its killing me....

It's kind of like the whole "Anything more than a handful is a waste!" and "more cushion for the pushin!" Comments.
    To each their own, right? You're gorgeous. Never forget that. Ever.
    Honestly what he said sounded so, so creepy to me. I would have been totally creeped out. Then again I'm a prude. So.
    Also, you are not 'meaty' (which, admittedly, is a new one?)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Reading some of this thread is like a time warp to the seventies.
  • Lost_Zen
    Lost_Zen Posts: 20
    Options
    Call it right back "Honey, you ain't saucy enough for this meaty gal." Then laugh - I'm certain his friends will too. :wink:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!:drinker:

Now... what did I mean by chicken dinner?:wink:

I kid...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you said he said it in a "just the way I like em" tone of voice so he obviously meant it in such a way as to show off to his friends that he thinks that you're an attractive woman and he's a big man for shouting it out in the street like that...

but why do you care what some guy who's cat calling at you to show off to his mates says?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sure, it sounds confusing...but ultimately, you probably shouldn't spend too much time worrying about what some stranger thinks, anyway.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    He's a stranger who cares what he thinks....that said meaty can be a compliment or not depending on your own outlook.

I don't think he intended it as an insult but if he did he was probably 'negging' you, as he had nothing else to offer to get you to pay attention to him.

http://www.sosuave.com/articles/neghits.htm

http://dating.about.com/od/glossarywordsn/g/What-Is-A-Neg.htm
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be flattered by anyone catcalling you. Its completely classless behavior.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I'd take it as a compliment from someone who doesn't know how to give compliments.

In a situation where you have incomplete information and you are unlikely ever to have complete information (unless you meet these chaps again and get them to clarify) then you can choose how to view their actions any way you like. I would go with positively.

Glass half full and all that...