Do you weigh yourself the day after a feast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • MrsCeo1010
    MrsCeo1010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week that I weigh in. If it falls on that day, then yes.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and use the Libra App to see the trends.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily as well, but I do also take those weigh ins with a grain of salt, literally. I know that if I just pigged out the day before, I probably have a lot of water weight because of the salt intake, so I don't decide what kind of damage it did until after 2-3 days, to let my body release all the water weight I gained.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yes always. I don't let the scale scare me anymore :happy:

I didn't run all weekend and ate 3300 calories on Saturday and 3000 yesterday. I still weighed myself this morning even though I didn't want to but I'm glad I did.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over my calories. Just had one portion of each item on the table then called it a day for food. It was hard, but this morning when I was lighter than yesterday it was well worth the extra hungry hours.

Hungry hours on a holiday? I don't go hours feeling hungry on a normal day let alone a holiday, I'd be seriously cranky
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    I weigh myself daily..even after a "bad" day..

if I dont, I go into "ignorant bliss" mode..I hold myself accountable..

Im OK with afew pounds of variance..but making sure I stay within that range keeps me on track.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I weigh but get in my mind NOT to be upset but to be almost clinical about my approach to any weight loss I may need. It's usually better than I imagined in my mind.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I did, it put me in check to know what I now have to push through, its mostly water i'm due due to too much sodium but it weight... and it need to be gone!
  • Gamer_2k4
    Gamer_2k4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do it just for fun. I get a kick out of seeing my weight go from 205 to 220 after a day of heavy eating, particularly since i know that in a few days, it'll be back to normal.
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Why torture yourself ???

Just sayin' ...
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep, I weigh myself every day. I went over on Saturday by 1500!! And have gained 2lb according to the scales today. I know from experience however that the scales will drop daily until my official weigh in Friday. It has made me feel a bit down seeing the gain, but I find weighing myself everyday day makes me work harder and cut more calories if I need to if the scale isn't going the way I want it too for Fridays weigh in. X

Exactly this for me too :smile:
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over my calories. Just had one portion of each item on the table then called it a day for food. It was hard, but this morning when I was lighter than yesterday it was well worth the extra hungry hours.

Hungry hours on a holiday? I don't go hours feeling hungry on a normal day let alone a holiday, I'd be seriously cranky

I am trying to stop viewing holidays for their food. Its about family and tradition, not eating more than any other day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Why torture yourself ???

Just sayin' ...

Because for some it's not torture, it's fun to learn how your body does things and use that knowledge when you're at maintenance instead of freaking out and riding the yoyo again every time your weight goes up a pound.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

I am trying to stop viewing holidays for their food. Its about family and tradition, not eating more than any other day.

Yes the holidays should be more about family and tradition... but why are you going hours being hungry normally was more of my question. Only time I was really hungry for hours was when I was just starting and thought being overly restrictive on my intake was the best way to go, luckily I learned quickly that is not necessary.
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Why torture yourself ???

Just sayin' ...

Because for some it's not torture, it's fun to learn how your body does things and use that knowledge when you're at maintenance instead of freaking out and riding the yoyo again every time your weight goes up a pound.

True for "some" but unfortunately, for many others (as seen on a regular basis in forum postings), it can be an unhealthy fixation/obsession.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once every 3 days (even after a big feast/holiday). Why? I'm not totally sure. That's just what I do. I like how my weight graph comes out looking like a descending staircase.