What is your favorite healthy meal?

Options
Please share you're favorite healthy meal. I'm not much of a cook so please make it simple. I am just tired of eating chicken all the time Lol Thanks for your time!

Replies

• str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Omelette with Laughing Cow Cheese, plus Morning Star Farms Veggie Sausage Links.

Yum
  • lifeoflisamarie
    Options
    First do you have certain foods you are trying to stay away from? Low Carb? Low Fat? Eliminating sugars and salts?

I have a lot that are really easy (some are chicken) but lots of really easy and lots you can make in advance. But they depend on what you want/can eat. and what types of foods you do like.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Do you like stuffed cabbage? I make kind of a deconstructed stuffed cabbage using ground turkey and just putting it all in one pot instead of stuffing cabbage leaves. Let me know you you'd like the recipe.
  • Nichole195
    Options
    I'm just watching my calories mostly
  • Nichole195
    Options
    Hmm sounds good I have never tried it
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    really spicy veg curry with tinned chopped tomatoes and whatever else I have to hand with generic curry powder to spice-quick and tastey, doesn't have to be served with rice, oh and sweet potato
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    chilli (vegetarian chili in my case) is definitely high up on the list for me. i even eat it when it's 110F in the middle of the summer. i just crank up the a/c and sweat it out because i love it so much.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin with neufchatel, smoked turkey, feta, and tons of romain <3
  • AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I love chicken. It seems to be the best option. But im so tired of it. Hamburger is aweful in cal and fat. I get those boneless thin cut pork chops I either steam them in a skillet with garlic and onion powder. Or season them the same and bake them in the oven. Both are yummy especially if you like garlic.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    There are so many! But maybe a dark green salad with blue cheese, cranberries, and walnuts. Also black bean and salmon tacos with cilantro and pickled onions.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My favourite fast day meal (I do the 5:2) is a couple of low fat sausages, tons of salad with low fat dressing and a splodge of low fat mayo. Comes in at around 210 calories if u buy the right sausages, very tasty and with lots of salad u get a good amount of 5 a day!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Cajun chicken sausage burger with sweet potato fries, mix of Asian veggies and Southern Butter Pecan gelato.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Here are two of my favorites.

During the weekdays, I bring my lunch to work. The night before, I cook a piece of salmon on the grill. About 15 minutes witht he skin side down. I put that in fridge and eat it cold the next day over some Quinoa. Simply Superior makes a steamable microwave package of Quinoa with sea salt and olive oil that has 400 calories in a bag. The salmon can vary, but generally it's about 160 calories for a quarter pound.

The next meal I am a huge fan of is salad! I start with spinch, add cherry tomatos, green peppers, mushrooms, and cucumbers, then I put some low-fat cottage cheese on top and use just a dash of lite Italian dressing.
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love making taco salads.

Ground turkey with taco seasoning.
    Spinach
    Cheese
    Croutons
    Spicy ranch.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    93/7 ground beef burger. No bun, add sauteed mushrooms & onions with a side of spinach. Nomz nomz nomzzz.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    blackened tilapia
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    2 Cups of spinach and baked turkey cutlet cooked together with 1 tbsp. of olive oil
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and pressure cooked spaghetti squash omnomnomnomnom
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Any white fish (defrosted frozen is fine) dredged lightly in flour and pan fried with a scant amount of oil (I use an oil sprayer). Serve with Salsa Verde (http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/salsa-verde-1149) and boiled potatoes with a cucumber salad. You can make the salsa verde in big batches and freeze it. Also good on other meats.

A small steak with green salad and oven fries. For the oven fries cut up potatoes (you can leave the skins on), microwave for 3-5 minutes. Place in an oiled oven tray and spray with oil, or just toss in a little oil if you don't have a sprayer. Bake at 230C for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sushi... but I don't have it much, too expensive, lol.

Seriously though, we alternate between chicken, fish, chicken sausage, low fat hamburger and lean beef, pretty much. And I eat a lot of eggs. And on days I don't feel like having much meat, I make protein pancakes.