What are your favorite snacks?

Options

Replies

• crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I mix PB2 with almond milk and have that with celery......delish, or I eat a handful of peanuts in the shell....

Interesting idea. I will have to try adding almond milk the next time I have PB2.
  • mareunuv
    mareunuv Posts: 23
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate covered almonds. As with everything serving size is the key! I'm very happy with just 6 as an evening snack.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ok.. I am fairly new here ...what is PB2?

It's powdered peanut butter that you mix with water to get the consistency you want. I doesn't have much calories and I think 0 or near 0 fat.
  • molarbear31
    Options
    I love Sainsburys/Tesco sushi packs. They're 100-150(ish) calories per pack (depending on the type you get - eg duck or fish), of which contains 6 pieces of sushi. So, about the same as TWO OR THREE Thornton's chocolates...worth it me thinks? And tasty too. If you're looking for a snack which has basically no calories, this may sound weird, but I like eating sweetcorn (even on its own).
  • jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CHEESE.
  • dkburnes
    dkburnes Posts: 1
    Options
    Frozen grapes are the best! Sweet and slow eating.:smile:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    if I really want salty, I'll go with almonds, for sweet - I keep Lindt truffles around, if I'm just in a snacking mood, then anything that I would normally eat, just not in meal-sized portions or some kind of fruit works wonders for me.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Nut butter (almond at the moment) with carrot sticks or apple, ricotta with fruit (tinned or whatever fresh is in season), bowl of soy beans or raw peas, chocolate bar, frozen yogurt, cottage cheese with chopped up apple and nuts.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    Frozen grapes are the best! Sweet and slow eating.:smile:

That is an awesome idea!!! Especially for hot summer days. Never thought of it.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    If I am craving sweet, I have a chocolate bar from Skinny Cow.
    I actually ate those for a long time, but not because they are low on calories, but because they chocolate taste to me way better than regular american chocolate!
  • sphillips7143
    sphillips7143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    apples with peanut butter, skinny popcorn, trail mix (small amount), light string cheese, rice cakes, greek yogurt
  • molarbear31
    Options
    I actually ate those for a long time, but not because they are low on calories, but because they chocolate taste to me way better than regular american chocolate!

I just realised my comment would have been irrelevant now. Duh. You don't have Tesco and Sainsburys over in America, do you? Oh well, regular, cheap sushi will do just fine regardless of the supermarket. As long as its not calorific. :)
  • Jarlo99
    Jarlo99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Frozen fruit with yogurt- I buy a bag of frozen fruit (strawberry, sliced peaches, grapes, various melons) fill a bowl with it then put some activa strawberry or whatever yogurt on top. Let it sit out for 10-15 minutes so the fruit gets a bit unfrozen then enjoy! It is a decent calorie load (200ish) but filling and yummy.

I do the frozen grapes thing as well, and cheese sticks, and beef jerky.
  • janinelambiase
    Options

I just realised my comment would have been irrelevant now. Duh. You don't have Tesco and Sainsburys over in America, do you? Oh well, regular, cheap sushi will do just fine regardless of the supermarket. As long as its not calorific. :)

Nope we dont. But also great sushi as the supermarket :-) I pick sushi up as well, for a quick dinner or lunch.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I hate natural peanut butter. I just eat the regular stuff.

Jif Natural is freaking amazing. It doesn't have the oil separation like the Smucker's does.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I am worried about the fat in peanut butter, almonds etc.
    It seems like when I do log them in, I am pretty much done for the day.

Don't worry about the fats in nut butters. They're good for you, as long as you don't overdo it.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with frozen fruit, smooshed up and let to sit a few minutes till half-frozen. It's my new ice cream.
  • itzapril
    itzapril Posts: 4
    Options
    Nutella and bananas on whole grain bread....mmmmmm
  • izzystics
    Options
    Almomds, rasberries, unsalted nuts,
  • cpdiminish
    Options
    I find things with crunch most satisfying.

Nuts, but pistachios more so than almonds. Lower calorie counts per nut and shelling them slows me down.

Apple slices all by themselves.

Extremely low in calories and fulfilling because the flavor is so strong - dill pickles, but I can only handle them here and there.

Carrot sticks more so than celery sticks for feeling full. I try not to do too much of either because they are too easy.

Applesauce will fill a sweet craving though it is very sweet.

Mineral water - feels as if you're getting a treat more so than just water, but still no calories.

Yogurt occasionally.

And I keep some mint/tea tree oil toothpicks on hand when I know I really shouldn't be hungry.