What are your favorite snacks?

Options

Replies

• dancer1ab
    dancer1ab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    banana, wheat toast, very light butter and yummy jam, decaf cappuccino with nonfat or lowfat foam, string cheese
  • marymurphy711
    Options
    mini bon bell light cheese with 2 slices of Hormel turkey pepperoni..make it like a sandwich...lots of protein....58 calories
  • lieutenant_dan457
    lieutenant_dan457 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you want to satisfy your sweet craving, then try a plate of frozen fruits, whether its blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, or bananas, they are a delicious snack to enjoy, and about a cup every serving is just barely 100 calories! Though it does have a lot of sugar, they're still very nutritious as it's all natural sugar.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like an apple with brie or with hummus.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky, nuts (I'm partial to almonds and cashews), and I usually eat an apple most days. That's about all I have...not a tremendously big snack guy, I like bigger meals.
  • memeof3girls1
    memeof3girls1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Nature Valley Protein Bars, Dark chocolate and peanut butter. They are to die for....almost taste as good as a candy bar. I also eat baby carrots, grn pepper, cauliflower with fat free dip.
  • jjoh553028
    jjoh553028 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    blue diamond oven roasted almonds dark chocolate..yummy
  • hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with pineapple- this is my go-to, because it takes <5 minutes to prep in the mornings and is a complete food. That is, it has healthy carbs and fats, as well as a lot of protien.

Strawberries/ Blueberries mixed together

A banana

watermelon, depending on the season

greek yogurt (high protein and tastes, good, which is awesome!)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Posting this because I did not see a couple of my favs...
    Wholly guacamole 100 cal minis.
    Wasa light rye crisp bread with Philly cheese chive onion spread by itself or with the below added.
    Smoked oysters canned.
    Diced canned artichoke.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with sunflower seed butter, with sunflower seed on top. So delish.
  • jpelinsky
    Options
    celery is my go to when starving. eat like 5 stalks at once. they are good with laughing cow cheese, any flavor you like.

one of my new afternoon favorites! a shake with 10 cubes of ice, 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tsp cocoa powder, sprinkle of cinnamon (1/2 banana and 1 tsp peanut butter if you have a low calorie day already)

one hard boiled egg and two hard boiled egg whites-only about 125 calories, skip the salt though.

Freeze dried fruits mixed together and a cottage cheese or cheese stick. I use the strawberries and blueberries or mango with pineapple
    I am a consultant for thrive and get mine here: http://www.jodiepelinsky.thrivelife.com/home

shake with 1 cup coconut milk, freeze dried pineapple, freeze dried mango and some ice. yum!

try adding some chia seeds to cottage cheese or your smoothies, adds bulk. good luck!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    For peanut butter, I recommend choosing a natural peanut butter without trans fat (partially hydrogenated oils) because the fats are healthy for you and will keep you full
  • mi2ak2co
    mi2ak2co Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wholly Guacomole, sushi, or celery and pb.....
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    grapes, oranges, triscuit, dry cereal, quaker oats, and chocolate.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese + coffee flavored powder

(my diary is open to the public if you'd like to take a peak)

I like ricotta cheese more than cottage cheese because I find cottage cheese to be too salty.

I like ricotta cheese more than yogurt because I can't seem to fully cover up the tangy taste in yogurt.
  • e3neenz
    e3neenz Posts: 1
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with nutritional yeast sprinkled over it. Just a bit of coconut oil helps the yeast stick. So yummy.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Whips Yogurt- frozen! I pop the chocolate ones in the freezer and they taste like ice cream. 160 cals so perfect for a snack.

I have a major sweet tooth so this gives me that fix without tons of calories. It also takes longer to eat when it is frozen, which makes me feel like I am getting more out of my snack time ;)
  • mossbeachmichigan
    mossbeachmichigan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is funny to me! We are a natural peanut butter household and I usually forget that there is another kind of peanut butter. If I had answered, I might have used the same language in reverse: "I hate the sugary kind. I eat the regular stuff." No judgement. Just funny how perspectives on what is regular are different!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ritz crackers with Cheez Whiz.

I wish I were kidding. :embarassed:
  • lenchmob
    lenchmob Posts: 49
    Options
    Y'all gonna love this.

Sardines and cottage cheese with extra hot sauce.