Weigh in's

Options
jancie84
jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
How often do you weigh yourself and post your weight? I've always been told to weigh once a week. Thoughts?

Replies

• shegrif
    shegrif Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i often sneak peeks on the scales lol. but i log y weigh ins once a week on a friday morning x
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I last weighed myself sometime last fall.
  • Littleney
    Options
    Is really up to you, i try weighting myself everyday with expectactions of any lol and when i see numbers changing it makes me do better
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I try once a week but if I miss a time or two I don't worry about it.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I find I weight myself every morning before work for many different reasons, none of which really help or hurt me in anyway lol. But I do my "official" weigh in and track it with MFP on Monday mornings. I know this is kinda weird too cause you would think that after the weekend is when I might go off track and end up weighing more, however, I found that weighing myself on Fridays there would be no change but come Monday I am down a few pounds.....maybe I do better on the weekends? Who knows lol...I do fall off the MFP tracker on the weekends too so I REALLY don't know lol
  • CookieNom
    CookieNom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings for me too. Strangely I'm more of a Monday person and find that it gives me motivation for the week. I get a print out of my weigh in (50 pence from Boots (UK)) and keep them all where I can see them. It is a great motivator but I try not to let weight consume me. It's about how I look and feel :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning...or almost.

When I have sustained a new low for 3 or 4 days, I log it as a loss.

I don't log gains. However, if I DID have a gain that lasted more than a week I would log it. Fortunately in the 13 months I've been on MFP that has not happened.

Recently I've started skipping ONE day's weigh in if I have a particularly 'hardcore' day (example: challenging 4 mile hike, errands, cleaning, and then walking several miles one day AND eating almost twice my usual calories that day due to exercise AND going a bit over on sodium) just to avoid the "shock" of seeing the weight go up...because within 2-3 days it is back down :-)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I don't get freaked out over minor fluctuations that I would otherwise if I weighed myself once a week. Sometimes I can be a bit higher on a Monday but by Thursday, I've lost that water weight.
  • cero55
    cero55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 times a week.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week. usually a friday morning or saturday morning. Some can do it more often, but to me I dont have the mental makeup to be able to wrap my head around the results. If you are losing 1-2 a week, and weigh yourself in after a couple of days since the last one you wont see much loss at all.

BUT...if for some reason you are a bit overhydrated, or the meal you had last evening was still working the way through you can see something that could trigger some depression.

So I just make sure I do it once a week, at the end of the week, and try to set myself up for success
  • OhioTallGuy
    Options
    Once a week on Friday morning, this is pre-weekend when I usually struggle the most so it gives me a few days to get things under control before I stop on the scale again. LOL
  • j9keely
    j9keely Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I consume any liquids and after using the restroom. It motivates me to keep my nutrition in check every day :) and not slack off!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Every morning .. as I am at maintenance I can eat more if my weight is falling.
  • bfrancazio
    Options
    I weight myself every day just after I walk up and complete my S,S,S. It seems to be the most accurate and consistent weight measurements I found and works for any work schedule. I never weight myself other than at that time. Just my two cents. Everyone has their method and its always better than the next persons, this is just the method I use. good luck!!!
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I log every one whether it's up or down.
    I weigh every morning before I consume any liquids and after using the restroom. It motivates me to keep my nutrition in check every day :) and not slack off!

^^^Basically, this^^^
  • fran786
    fran786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jump on scale every morning..but officially tuesday morning
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • love2b3fit
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I track it on MFP Monday mornings
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Occasionally more than once a week, but usually only log on Tuesdays, after any bulk from overeating over the weekend has diminished.