Options
2»

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I record in 2 cases:

1) When I've hit a new low.
    2) When I haven't gone back to the low or below it a week later.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I have an aria scale and it links with trend weight site. Like it but don't get freaked out about gains. I'm experimenting at moment to see what my true maintenance figure is so I can eat as much as possible and then will proceed with a 15 % cut of maintenance figure. This will take some time.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day because I like the data.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I'm tracking to see how lifting, diet, etc affect my daily weight.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and only log the losses.
  • Ginatdavis
    Ginatdavis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Monday! I can't say that I'm not tempted to do it more often, but I force myself to stay away from the scale. I can't do it daily, the only way that would work for me is if I almost always seen positive results. I like feeling positive about my success, if I seen no change or negative change, I would feel down, which might trigger me to fall off track. But, everyone knows what they can and can't do:smile:
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I last weighed myself sometime last fall.
    Last December for me. :D
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I log new lows.
  • juniormints74
    juniormints74 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month, first thing in the morning.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday because it just helps me keep on focus. If I am losing then I know that I am doing something right, if not I change it up and work harder. Either way it motivates me.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I don't for several days, sometimes I do more than once a day. I just log the lowest weight the scale tells me, which is usually in the morning. If you don't feel discouraged by it and understand that your weight will fluctate, you can weigh yourself whenever, really.
    If you get frustrated easily - go with once a week.
  • missraii90
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. I notice my weight fluctuates a lot so I like to keep track. Wednesdays and Sundays. Always first thing in the morning.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log it every Saturday Morning....I sometimes hop on the scale throughout the week but that isnt often since it tends to freak me out with the little fluctuations that happen.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning..
  • Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday.. I like to see my fluctuations and if I know I behaved and did well the day prior I usually will see a small loss, every day. Seeing the number go down on a daily basis is very motivating to me.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world I'd only weigh in once a week, in the morning before eating/drinking, after pooping, strip jack naked... lol. But my system doesn't work that way, so I weigh in a couple of times a week, and only record my weight if it's a new low (if I wanted to see the ugly truth, my Wii Fit scales keep track of my ups and downs. But MFP is for progress!)

I am similar to the poster who says that weighing in is motivational. If I see a result, I am pumped and ready to work out, and if I see no change/an increase after a bad calorie day, I'll up my water and work out harder too!