Can we please have a tattoo thread?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I have 4 with a 5th on the way.

1. On my side: moon and stars - my first one when I was 19. No meaning
    2. On my inner ankle: a heart with a crown and my oldest daughter's name and bday
    3. On my foot: a cross
    4. On my outer ankle: 2 banners with Things 2 & 3's names. Thing 2 has a heart in hers (Valentine's baby) and Thing 3 has a devil's tail at the end of his name (self explanatory)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I have two, a hobo clown on my back that I got about 25 years ago (because I love clowns) and around my ankle a band of hearts and yellow roses that says Dad over it. The hearts represent my daughter and the yellow roses my SO who was born in Texas. The Dad is obvious he passed about 14 years ago and I miss him dearly.
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    I will be the first to say that I do not have any.
    I enjoy looking at other people's though.
    I always try to get my husband to get my name tattooed on him which
    he says he'd never do, but he's willing to get the kids' names.
    His theory is they will always be his kids, but I may not always
    be his wife...ha ha :)
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Ok I'm going to try and put some pics in here of my recent chest progress. I just wanted something totally badass to be honest that represented strength and perseverance. The winged skull can represent conquering death or just life's battles. I've always loved old revolvers and they too represent strength and power while the beauty of the roses counter balance the violence. So i guess you could say it's a tattoo about life.

f485303b-c8d2-4f45-adde-e5ce9767e975.jpg

Needs a lot more work. I've only had a few sessions. I can't wait for it to be finished.

Really great artwork! Would love to see the lady on your arm...
    Ditto!

Sure! Here's the lady on the arm and some detail of the flower. It's based off a painting by Alphonse Mucha and the likeness is of my wife.

556088_3282680940805_405917973_n.jpg

575698_3282680060783_133671022_n-1.jpg

Flower Detail

imagejpeg_7.jpg
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    I have 7 and they all have meaning. Once I reach my GW I want a side piece. Weight gain/loss and 4 kids has not made a difference on them.
  • mandella222
    mandella222 Posts: 114
    Love tattoos I need to get another one. I have 7 right now only 4 of them have meaning lets get inked!:drinker:
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Ok I'm going to try and put some pics in here of my recent chest progress. I just wanted something totally badass to be honest that represented strength and perseverance. The winged skull can represent conquering death or just life's battles. I've always loved old revolvers and they too represent strength and power while the beauty of the roses counter balance the violence. So i guess you could say it's a tattoo about life.

f485303b-c8d2-4f45-adde-e5ce9767e975.jpg

Needs a lot more work. I've only had a few sessions. I can't wait for it to be finished.

Wow! nice work! I like the contrast in colors between the roses and everything else.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member

Flower Detail

that is amazing everything! The line work, the shading, the placement...i wish we had this kind of quality here extremely jealous/10 :sad:
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member

Flower Detail

that is amazing everything! The line work, the shading, the placement...i wish we had this kind of quality here extremely jealous/10 :sad:

Thanks bud. The artists name is Steve Morris and he's here in Pittsburgh.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Sure, here's my most recent project. It's not a portrait of a real person. I like the painting of this woman and wanted to turn it into a sugar skull to be a memory for my mom that passed. I get a lot of unsolicited comments on this one. People either love her are really dislike her. I don't care, I love it...along with my other tats.

ecd20ddafefe4fb6b4a06b483db14939_zps90cf8cd1.jpg
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Have lots... got them because I enjoy the art and I am a geek
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I have five, getting my sixth next month. All but 2 are animals. I would love a good sized fish/aquarium/water/marine life piece one day.

I have:
    Five birds on my back (I count them as one tattoo)
    One bird on my upper inner arm
    Sea turtle on my inner wrist
    Star on the left side of my chest near my collarbone
    Heart on my ankle
    Getting a giraffe on my leg next.

I also have I think 18 piercings. I always lose count.
  • I do not have any tattoos even though my boyfriend at one time was a tattoo artist but I do have one of those jacket sleeves of tattoos and I love to wear it and watch all the people talking about me and judging me. One day I overheard this man tell his friend "wait til she is 40, she will regret that" I took it as a complement because I was 56yrs old then. Another time I went to a beading class and none of the women would talk to me until they discovered it was a sleeve. Do you ever get the judgement thing or feel the invisible barbs coming from people?
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    never seem to get openly judged for them ( Mario sleeve and comic book tattoos).. that said I have had kids say to thier parents "daddy why do you have a cool Mario picture on your arm to", back in my big green mo-hawk days it was alittle worse, more the hair than the tattoos
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    I have many with many more on the way.

Each represents something I am into.
  • Manic5781
    Manic5781 Posts: 1,491
    I don't have any ;-p
  • sabes_178
    sabes_178 Posts: 21 Member
    286_16749241537_5159_n.jpg

I also have a small shamrock colored as the Irish flag on the back of my neck.

Currently designing a Beatles half-sleeve (need to be able to completely cover it for a professional setting) - taking mostly from "The Yellow Submarine"- I want a bright, colorful sleeve :)

Its great motivation to lose weight and especially to work on my arms, since they are in NO shape for a tattoo at the moment
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    a little old school compared to the cool tats you see these days...........

fe1fb6ab-025b-47fd-b696-a908b642997b_zpse7a8c473.jpg
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    <
    only have my tattoo pic in the profile pic. can't wait to get more!
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    23683010_6796.jpg

Just got it completed last Tuesday (My first one) - more will definitely be following! :)

For me - Yin Yang / Angel Demon sort of style. My life has pretty much been about different aspects of me ... good vs bad and it still continues! Trying to find a balance has been key for me but alas, I'm still nowhere near finding it! Does not mean I shall be giving up!