Best, most reliable HRM

Options
13»

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7, not that expensive on amazon either!!

Ditto, love my polar FT7
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    soaking it won't hurt it a bit. You can actually put the strap in the washing machine.

Some HR straps don't have a removable sensor, so you would be putting the entire sensor and battery in the washing machine too. I don't think it's recommended that you wash those type of straps.

Good point. I've only ever had the ones with the removable sensor, so I didn't know that some were not.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

I also know that they log gross calories (i.e. including the calories that would be burnt even if I were just watching TV) -- but, on the other hand, there's a mild afterburn effect from a good workout. Does anyone have a feel for whether these are close enough just to ignore the net/gross difference?

I ignored it, as the difference wasn't that big for me. Might be a more significant number for someone who starts out at a higher weight than I did.
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I also know that they log gross calories (i.e. including the calories that would be burnt even if I were just watching TV) -- but, on the other hand, there's a mild afterburn effect from a good workout. Does anyone have a feel for whether these are close enough just to ignore the net/gross difference?

I ignored it, as the difference wasn't that big for me. Might be a more significant number for someone who starts out at a higher weight than I did.

Yes, I can see that -- I'm still pretty overweight, and I do quite a lot of cardio, so the numbers all add up over a week! :smile:
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 too and I like it. I don't need a Forerunner because I don't need the GPS nor plan to run significant distances.
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto on the Polar FT4. I bought my on Amazon.com around last Christmas for like $48 when they were on sale for Christmas. Basic, easy to use, and Reliable.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 here . Love it!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ordered myself a pretty pink Polar FT4 and it shipped today. I'll have it early next week and as silly as it sounds I am SO excited about it LOL. It's like a present coming that I've been contemplating for a few months (tried a few others and they were awful). Can't wait, can't wait!! :love:
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I need to start looking into a new HRM since mine decided that my heart rate was over 200 when I wasn't wearing the strap.