Shorties (5'3 and under) where do you gain your weight?

Options

Replies

• MelissaWarren7717
    MelissaWarren7717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First my thighs, then my tummy, arms and lastly my back and under my arms where my bra sits. I'm 5'3"
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    chest, hips and belly are the first 3 to show.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Because I have 75+ lbs to lose, I'm fat all over right now. However, it tends to go mostly to my belly. I get asked if I'm pregnant a lot! One of my motivators is to not be asked unless I'm actually pregnant.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My stomach and back of arms
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Butt & thighs. I've never really had a big stomach (well, except for being pregnant). I am lucky too, b/c I've always had a "skinny face." However, I'm also relatively small-chested...so I guess everything evens out!
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (up until about a year ago) it was pretty much even distributed--boobs & hips show most gain ---now BAM the mid iife middle crazies--tummy . thighs & hips==oddly enough after 40+ years of clock work gain/lose evenly --suddenly gain in belly hips and thighs---but wait for it......my *kitten*, upper arms and boobs are getting more defined then they ever did??? I have no idea whats going on these days--Oh and Im 5'1.5 weigh 130 with 30G boobs, 37 inch hips and tummy recently 30--sucked in 28 :)
  • kaclever
    kaclever Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3" and it all goes to my tummy and love handles/muffintop area. I have a short torso, too, which only makes things worse! :) Even when I'm slimmed down, I have a belly. I do a lot of Pilates and right now I have nice muscle definition in my abs... which still stick out nearly as far as my boobs! I wish the weight would go THERE, but whaddaya do...
  • krista_204
    krista_204 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and most of my weight tends to go to my lower tummy, hips, and butt.
  • Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 80 percent of most of my weight would be in my hips legs and butt then the other 20 in my stomach, I've always gained in my lower body which also sucks because shopping for jeans or shorts is a nightmare, I feel like it's the most stubborn fat to get rid of and strict diet is a must for women who gain fat in those areas. Being a pear shaped is def no better!!
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It starts with my stomach and face, then my butt and chest, then thighs, arms, and so on.
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thighs and face. Blah.
  • alaskarae07
    Options
    5*2 arms legs but mostly stomach. newbie here still learning mfp please add for support n motivation=)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    mine packs on pretty evenly all over. 40 pounds heavier I had pretty much the same shape as now, just larger.
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and ever since hitting the 40's it goes straight to my stomach. Miss my little waist :-(
  • sskranch
    sskranch Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and mine is in the stomach also!
  • liveandlove788
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I gain mostly in my thighs and butt. I don't mind the butt all that much...but I hate the thighs because it's so hard to lose it there. "knock on wood" I don't really gain in my stomach...I have a little pooch, but that's it.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My stomach too. It's weird. I weigh 200lb, but I wear between a size 12-14 anything bigger can't stay on me. My stomach is huge though. :(
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and it's ALL in my stomach and hips. It has always been that way unfortunately. Even when I weighed my lightest I still had a protruding belly.

It's a real pain when going pants shopping. I always have to fit the belly first, which leaves the pants super baggy elsewhere. I could be a US size 6 in the top, but when it comes to pants I'm a 12 just because of my belly :/
  • jaxgetshealthy
    jaxgetshealthy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and as you can see from my profile pic it is ALL in the middle area - belly.. then bust and back fat.. then thighs..I'm in my 40s and it used to be just pooch and boobs I used to put weight on but now... its mostly upper body.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    5'3"

I have always carried my weight in my hips, thighs, and butt. At my heaviest, my B-W-H measurements were 36-27-41. At my lightest, my B-W-H measurements were 32-25-38.

I'm a size Large or 8/10 (US) in pants/shorts, but I'm usually a Small/Medium in shirts and a Medium or 6/8 in flowy dresses (empire, ballgown, A-line, etc.) It's a PITA :explode: but I still like my shape, on most days :drinker: