Bible Verses for Motivation

Options

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way, though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand. Psalm 37:23-24
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Go find a group for that stuff.

What an incredibly rude way to respond! If a thread doesn't interest me, I simply click the back button and move on.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

This
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some of the responses to this thread are just awful!

If you would like to join a faith-based group, please drop by the Wise Women of Faith! We're always accepting, no matter what you believe :-)

In for a penny, in for a pound - Phillipians 4 vs. 13: I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me x
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    "I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12 NIV :flowerforyou:
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” Mark 9:23
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

Also the 15th commandment in the mfp rules: thow shall realize Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums:

"Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion."
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    These types of threads rarely end well… and these types of topics are more suited for private groups.

I agree that they don't usually end well, but given the topic name of the thread I don't think it's any better of an idea for people to respond and bash it if it doesn't pertain to them.

Thing is…. this is a public forum and people are free to respond as they see fit. In addition, there are community guidelines.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
    Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.
  • Foxyroxy14
    Options
    Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuter 31:6

THIS IS ON OF MY FAV'S.... I USE IT ON MANY LEVELS INCLUDING HEALTH, FAITH, AND MY 18 YR OLD SON. WHEN HE WAS IN FOOTBALL HE KEPT A COPY OF THIS VERSE IN HIS HELMET:-)
    GOD BLESS AND REMEMBER AS LONG AS YOU ARE LIVING HEALTHY AND DOING YOUR BEST GOD WILL BE PLEASED AND WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:32-34
  • Hannahlindele
    Options
    "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think." Ephesians 3:20
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    All the fat is the Lord's. -- Leviticus 3:16

The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat. -- Proverbs 13:4

He that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat. -- Proverbs 28:25

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree ... they shall be fat and flourishing. -- Psalm 92:12-14

My take is that His Majesty Our Daddy of the Sky really, really likes us to be fat. I have pleased that arsehat for too long. Time to get skinny! :flowerforyou:

LOL +1
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    "I urge you, brothers and sisters, to offer yourselves up as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable. For this is to be your spiritual act of worship. And do not be conformed to the ways of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind and body, so that you may know the perfect and just Will of God." --- Romans 12:1-2
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

That is my all time favorite. I don't know the author of the following but it is powerful as well: "THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO KEEP GOING. Failure is temporary. Giving up is permanent.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

Also the 15th commandment in the mfp rules: thow shall realize Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums:

"Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion."

This has nothing to do with "One Religion," or any belief in religion. She simply asked for quotes from a book. This is not a "divisive" topic. You do not have to be religious to know a bible verse, or use that verse as motivation.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God of Heaven's Armies. Jeremiah 15:16 New Living Translation
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."--1 Corinthians 6:19-20
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Here is a group :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/378-christian-support-group

But, for me I love Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

The motivation request was for a bible verse or any other quotation, meaning anyone or any religion or any philosophy.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

That is my all time favorite. I don't know the author of the following but it is powerful as well: "THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO KEEP GOING. Failure is temporary. Giving up is permanent.

I like this one!!
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with "One Religion," or any belief in religion. She simply asked for quotes from a book. This is not a "divisive" topic. You do not have to be religious to know a bible verse, or use that verse as motivation.

+1
This discussion has been closed.