Bible Verses for Motivation

Options

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

Also the 15th commandment in the mfp rules: thow shall realize Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums:

"Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion."

This has nothing to do with "One Religion," or any belief in religion. She simply asked for quotes from a book. This is not a "divisive" topic. You do not have to be religious to know a bible verse, or use that verse as motivation.

My thoughts as well. If it's positive and motivational nor harming anyone, why worry what book or source it comes from.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

LOVE this one! ???? ????????
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

Also the 15th commandment in the mfp rules: thow shall realize Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums:

"Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion."

This has nothing to do with "One Religion," or any belief in religion. She simply asked for quotes from a book. This is not a "divisive" topic. You do not have to be religious to know a bible verse, or use that verse as motivation.
    Considering that threads saying "I'm *religion X* and am looking for other people that are *religion X*" are considered divisive, this is definitely considered divisive.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Psalm 138:8a New American Standard Bible
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • pdobrien
    pdobrien Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "… but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint …" – Romans 5:3-5
  • Lonestar5775
    Options
    Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:4 NIV
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    "Be excellent to each other" — Bill S. Preston, Esquire
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Also... I don't know about eloquent, but these keep me in check:

If you keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what you're getting.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

(But, not Shawn T's Insanity, 'cause that will give you results :) )
  • Hannahhime
    Hannahhime Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This one really helps me whenever I start doubting myself. I have a future and as long as I keep working towards my weight loss goals, I will reach them.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    "Be excellent to each other" — Bill S. Preston, Esquire

+1
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not kill

Considering that threads saying "I'm *religion X* and am looking for other people that are *religion X*" are considered divisive, this is definitely considered divisive.

I'm not sure how you group these together.. If someone is stating they are a specific religion looking for friends of a specific religion, yes that would be divisive as defined by MFP. "One Religion."

Now where is the logic that this has anything to do with that? Apples and Oranges.

Regardless; love the thread. I had my family mail me a lot of bible verses, and quotes while I was in BCT/AIT and it helped a lot.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This one really helps me whenever I start doubting myself. I have a future and as long as I keep working towards my weight loss goals, I will reach them.

I love this one as well :)
  • PaulVLJ
    PaulVLJ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Why would you enter a post clearly titled "Bible Verses for Motivation" other than to start trouble with the posters. I think this is the perfect place to make the post.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Psalm 103- Look it up the whole chapter is motivational.

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the axe head is dull and he does not sharpen its edge , then he must exert more strength. Wisdom has the advantage of giving success.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son. That who ever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    Well since you feel like ignoring the guidelines pertaining to religious content on the main threads here you go...

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."-1 Timothy 2:12

Translation:“Thou shalt maketh me a sandwich.”

Look for a group as this never ends well.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    QUOTES FROM MYSTERY LADY BUT THE READER'S DIGEST VERSION

8 THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN EVERYTHING GOES WRONG

There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. And that no matter how good or bad you have it, you must wake up each day thankful for every moment that you are still alive to enjoy the pleasures and opportunities which life offers. Truth be told, happiness is not the absence of problems, but the ability to deal with them. Here are a few reminders to help motivate you when you need it most:

1. PAIN IS PART OF GROWING. Sometimes life closes doors because it’s time to move forward. And that’s a good thing because we often won’t move unless circumstances force us to. Remember that there are two kinds of pain: pain that hurts and pain that changes you.

2. EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS TEMPORARY. So if things are good right now, enjoy it. It won’t last forever. If things are bad, don’t worry because it won’t last forever either.

3. WORRYING AND COMPLAINING CHANGES NOTHING. And regardless of what happens in the long run, remember that true happiness begins to arrive only when you stop complaining about your problems and you start being grateful for all the problems you don’t have.

4. YOUR SCARS ARE SYMBOLS OF YOUR STRENGTH. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. Don’t allow your scars to hold you hostage. Don’t allow them to make you live your life in fear.

5. EVERY LITTLE STRUGGLE IS A STEP FORWARD. In life, patience is not about waiting; it’s the ability to keep a good attitude while working hard on your dreams, knowing that the work is worth it.

6. OTHER PEOPLE’S NEGATIVITY IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. When other people treat you poorly, keep being you and stay calm.

7. WHAT’S MEANT TO BE WILL EVENTUALLY, BE. You might not end up exactly where you intended to go, but you will eventually arrive precisely where you need to be.

8. THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO KEEP GOING.

Failure is temporary. Giving up is permanent.

And one of my favorite quotes: “When you keep finding yourself in the same situation, the common denominator is you. Changing of thinking creates change of action. Do different to get different.” (Chaplain Thelma Osei)
  • Lonestar5775
    Options
    As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore. Psalm 125:2 NIV
  • jasonmh630
    Options

I love this one as well :)

Agreed. :)
This discussion has been closed.