KettleBell Workouts!

Options
I just started doing these workouts and I am in love. First found them on www.womenshealthmag.com.

I then looked up some more workouts on YouTube thinkin maybe I can find something on there than to buy DVD's and boy was I right!

I found this young woman and her site is www.myomytv.com and she has FREE workouts and her exersices are GREAT!

Since I just started I am using 8kg. She uses 12 and 16! I cant wait until I can use those!

Anyone else into these workouts!!!

Replies

• Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Not into them, but have heard that they are great.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I'd like to try! Thanks for the tip on the free workouts :smile:
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Tried it once... hated it. I was sore for days. I guess that was a good thing... Anywho - glad you found something that you love! Stick with it! :-)
  • momc78
    momc78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Kettlebells are great!!!!..I was doing kettlebell sessions at my gym but now i have my own set at home....they def build up ur strength and get ur heart rate up big time!!!!! im not going to lie u do hurt after a session of them but they do the job!!!!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I got the KettleWorx DVDs and so far they are great! I am combining with Zumba as my Cardio. So far I have not been very sore, I started out with a 5 lb. kettlebell.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love the one Jillian Michaels does...I am getting so toned, so quick! But, i am not losing any weight. I sure feel strong though afte a workout! :)
  • kaffro
    Options
    Mickie17, I really want to try Jillian's after I am done the shred, you've convinced me :)
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Mickie17, I really want to try Jillian's after I am done the shred, you've convinced me :)

I like it, and actually look forward to doing it each time! :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's too. I get so into throwing the thing around that I kinda forget that I'm working out :laugh: It's hard sometimes but I enjoy every minute of it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    one arm swings L
    one arm swings R
    high pulls
    bent row
    cleans
    snatches
    1 arm front squat (shoulder height)
    1 arm sumo Deadlift
    swings
    clean and press L
    clean and press R
    Turkish Getups

Do as many as you can for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds. Do 3 rounds.

No dvds required :P

I also use my 32kg one for calf raises and shrugs and my 64kg one for Ukranian deadlifts.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    one arm swings L
    one arm swings R
    high pulls
    bent row
    cleans
    snatches
    1 arm sumo Deadlift
    swings
    clean and press L
    clean and press R
    Turkish Getups

I also use my 32kg one for calf raises and shrugs and my 64kg one for Ukranian deadlifts.

COOL! I actually know what you're talking about!!!! A month ago, I would be like, HUH? I've been doing all these on her video, so I don't have to think at 5am....but I think I'm going to keep your cheat sheet for those days I don't need her!!!! :) Thanks!!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    one arm swings L
    one arm swings R
    high pulls
    bent row
    cleans
    snatches
    1 arm sumo Deadlift
    swings
    clean and press L
    clean and press R
    Turkish Getups

Can you post a video of you doing each of these so I know what your talking about :laugh: You totally just spoke a yet unknown language to me hahaha :)
  • kaffro
    Options
    I just started doing these workouts and I am in love. First found them on www.womenshealthmag.com.

I then looked up some more workouts on YouTube thinkin maybe I can find something on there than to buy DVD's and boy was I right!

I found this young woman and her site is www.myomytv.com and she has FREE workouts and her exersices are GREAT!

Since I just started I am using 8kg. She uses 12 and 16! I cant wait until I can use those!

Anyone else into these workouts!!!

I just checked out her site, very cool! I can plug my laptop into my big tv and do the workouts! WHOO HOO! Thanks again for posting this!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    one arm swings L
    one arm swings R
    high pulls
    bent row
    cleans
    snatches
    1 arm sumo Deadlift
    swings
    clean and press L
    clean and press R
    Turkish Getups

Can you post a video of you doing each of these so I know what your talking about :laugh: You totally just spoke a yet unknown language to me hahaha :)

hehe, same as me before I did them. I just youtubed them, worked it out and after one workout you remember them all easily :)
  • kaffro
    Options
    one arm swings L
    one arm swings R
    high pulls
    bent row
    cleans
    snatches
    1 arm sumo Deadlift
    swings
    clean and press L
    clean and press R
    Turkish Getups

hehe, same as me before I did them. I just youtubed them, worked it out and after one workout you remember them all easily :)

So, that's a no then? :laugh:

I will go check out youtube, thanks! I really, honestly didn't even think to check there, duh!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I love the one Jillian Michaels does...I am getting so toned, so quick! But, i am not losing any weight. I sure feel strong though afte a workout! :)

You might want to read this: http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/health-experts-call-foul-on-jillian-michaels-regimen--1642 and do some more research. Make sure you have the proper form to prevent injuries.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

So, that's a no then? :laugh:

I will go check out youtube, thanks! I really, honestly didn't even think to check there, duh!

I would but I'm at work. See what I can do tonight :)
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I live by kettlebell workouts. The gym I go to is called punch gym and its a 30 min pure kettlebell routine complete with ropes, sledgehammers, and other crazy things.. I lost 49 lbs doing it 5-6 x a week... I am actually soon becoming an instructor at my gym!

Its such an amazing toning and cardio workout, you work every muscle! So glad to hear someone loves it as much as me!
  • Mickie17
    Options

You might want to read this: http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/health-experts-call-foul-on-jillian-michaels-regimen--1642 and do some more research. Make sure you have the proper form to prevent injuries.

Thanks MzBug,

I do notice that, to a certain degree...you have to really listen to her and be sure you're adjusting your body correctly. But that goes with anyone's workout regimen really. And when you do videos at home, you're always on your own to try to really fix your bosy positioning. :) I still love it, and am getting better with my form everyday! :)
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I live by kettlebell workouts. The gym I go to is called punch gym and its a 30 min pure kettlebell routine complete with ropes, sledgehammers, and other crazy things.. I lost 49 lbs doing it 5-6 x a week... I am actually soon becoming an instructor at my gym!

Its such an amazing toning and cardio workout, you work every muscle! So glad to hear someone loves it as much as me!

49lbs? WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. :) YOU ROCK!!!!!