Good men need a round of applause!

Options
_KitKat_
_KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
tumblr_inline_mk48rlGbAt1qz4rgp.gif

Posted another thread, and it was so great to see all the women with awesome SO's, I just had to post this. On the forum much too often all we hear is about the "bad" guys. People need to know and appreciate that there are many good men out there!

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yea, well, they must all be TAKEN!!! :grumble: As you post points out...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    yes lets congratulate the mens who manage to be decent human beings

what an accomplishment it must be so tough

:indifferent:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation! They do exist!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    459.gif
  • _KitKat_
    Options

It is not about that, many times all we hear is the woman's side and many posts are just filled with how awful men are. The negativity is just insane sometimes and if a woman is that jaded I do not blame a man that would have to deal with a woman always expecting the worse from him. It reminds me of when my husband and I go out, he has manners and always gets me what I need and offers to get anyone else at the table what they need. Many times women look at me and ask (seriously ask) "How I get him to behave that way?" I always answer the same "He came that way". I would not be with him if he wasn't. Not being mean but many times women deal with "bad" men because they pick "bad" men.

Also it is not applause for being a "decent human" it is applause because many times on these forums people seem to take too much pleasure in bashing men. I have 2 daughters they know a man must treat them right or he isn't worth their time, but they also understand that a woman must treat the man right. I personally think many (not all) women that have consistently chosen "bad" guys set up the next guy for failure. They are always expecting him to be an *kitten* so when he is one day because the truth is one day you will be a witch spelled with a b, these women just assume they were right to expect the worse and never realize people have off days and relationships take work from "both" parties.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I manage to catch one...:drinker:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.

Rather than congratulate men (or women, if that may be the case) for being normal human beings, why don't we refrain from painting a whole gender as lousy?
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks most of the time, drives me to work (we commute an hour each way), works on cars, is fairly decent with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc. Also never been to jail, holds down a good, full-time job, and currently holds a valid driver's license (like these things need mentioning; old joke). He's a saint to put up with me sometimes (and me, him too).

So not perfect but absolutely a good man!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.

Rather than congratulate men (or women, if that may be the case) for being normal human beings, why don't we refrain from painting a whole gender as lousy?

^^^ This
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Mine is amazing! :drinker: Cheers to him! :heart:
  • ericzanetti
    ericzanetti Posts: 41 Member
    Options

^Maneater
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Some of you posters are proving my point... they're TAKEN!!! but alas... I KNOW one day I will find the perfect man for me. He won't be perfect as I'm not perfect but we will be perfect for each other. :flowerforyou:
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    Some of you posters are proving my point... they're TAKEN!!! but alas... I KNOW one day I will find the perfect man for me. He won't be perfect as I'm not perfect but we will be perfect for each other. :flowerforyou:

You just need a good screening process :flowerforyou:

At least you know they are out there, many seem to think all men are awful and women with good husbands must be lying. Being that jaded would take way too much energy.
  • brabbit42069
    brabbit42069 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I appreciate it ladies......but I know that I'm fly, no need to flatter.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.

Understanding context and intent might be a good skill for you guys to develop. :wink:
  • Brandolin11
    Options

Aw, please don't be discouraged! I know exactly how you feel. I'm a bit on the "older side" of singleness (let me put it this way, I was told by my grandmother at age 28 that I was an old maid...and that was 15 years ago! lol), and was just about ready to give up completely because it seemed that all the good ones were "taken". I then met a wonderful man whom I love very much and he's GREAT. I still can't believe it sometimes. They are out there! Chin up, don't give up hope. :flowerforyou:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.

Understanding context and intent might be a good skill for you guys to develop. :wink:

I suppose I did get the context wrong. We are not, in fact, putting men on a pedestal for simply not being jerks, are we?
  • Brandolin11
    Options

Yes indeed.

I suppose I did get the context wrong. We are not, in fact, putting men on a pedestal for simply not being jerks, are we?

Correct. :smile: She's simply saying men are awesome, we love them, and we want to applaud them! And I like all the stories some gals are posting about the reasons why they love their men. I'll add mine and say my man is thoughtful, sweet, strong, sexy, and handsome. Apologies for making you all barf. :laugh:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are out here. Unfortunately, few and far between.

Humble, yet confident. Kudos to you ladies that recognized a good man and chose him. I see too many women who get heartbroken, only to go back the SAME type of guy.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Some good guys are still around. We just tend to hide because women are scary and amazing creatures.