Replies

• brabbit42069
    brabbit42069 Posts: 120 Member
    lol at the single moms in here.....

brb gets knocked up
    brb can't even keep a man
    brb thinks she deserves the world

just lol

maybe if you didn't take of your knickers for every skeezer who looked at you, you might actually find a decent man.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    I don't think the married or committed women who are responding are showing lack of loyalty/faithfulness-they just have valid opinions as well. Opinions from when they were single, opinions from being mothers, friends, sisters, etc.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I'm not single nor a "lady", but I don't like that this is only for single ladies because rules are stooopid.

I don't think I would ever ask these questions. It seems offensive to ask something that everyone should already have. I think they would reveal themselves quickly if they didn't have any of these things, but I could be wrong.

Whew, I'm glad I'm married and don't have to deal with this crap. Oh, and he has a car, job and a place to live. He just doesn't know how to use our washing machine yet. I should have asked that question.

In his defence it is women's work. Do you expect him to learn to cook too?

My head just exploded. You just set women back about 50 years right there.

I don't know why you're mad after we let you gals vote after your incessant nagging.
  • agerig152
    agerig152 Posts: 13 Member
    I don't necessarily ask those questions but I think the subjects come up naturally during conversation. No job is a red flag but not necessarily a dealbreaker if he is ACTIVELY looking. No car is not always a deal breaker as long as he is saving for one. And living with mom and dad doesn't have to be a dealbreaker but it would be a very large red flag for me. And if the guy had no job, no car, and lived with mom and dad, the combo would be a dealbreaker for me. Just being honest.
  • wheird
    I don't think the married or committed women who are responding are showing lack of loyalty/faithfulness-they just have valid opinions as well. Opinions from when they were single, opinions from being mothers, friends, sisters, etc.

Hmm. Maybe you are right. Some of the married ones were hot too, I will see if they are interested.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I can see that my #1 dealbreaker would eliminate most of the women in this thread.

That they aren't single!?

No, I actually prefer they are married.

Then what is it!

Lack of faithfulness and loyalty.

I don't understand your reasoning. If you prefer a woman to be the kind of person who wants something in her life, would that automatically make you unloyal?
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Woman - I have certain standards and I expect the man I'm with to live up to them. He had best have a decent job, I ain't supporting no bums. And he'd better have his own car and his own place. If he doesn't have a 401K he better get one. I have a certain lifestyle and I expect to be taken care of.

Man - I don't date fat chicks.

Woman - WHY ARE MEN SO SHALLOW?!?!?!

Maybe "Man" should up his standards?
  • wheird
    I can see that my #1 dealbreaker would eliminate most of the women in this thread.

Then what is it!

I don't understand your reasoning. If you prefer a woman to be the kind of person who wants something in her life, would that automatically make you unloyal?

I do not understand your question.
  • wheird
    READ THE POST: IT SAYS "....FOR THE SINGLE LADIES........."

Ladies who cannot read is #2.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    READ THE POST: IT SAYS "....FOR THE SINGLE LADIES........."

Are you having problems weeding out the attached ones?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Wasn't this a topic on the Montel Williams show?

montel.jpg
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Woman - I have certain standards and I expect the man I'm with to live up to them. He had best have a decent job, I ain't supporting no bums. And he'd better have his own car and his own place. If he doesn't have a 401K he better get one. I have a certain lifestyle and I expect to be taken care of.

haha
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Then what is it!

Never mind, I misunderstood. I thought you meant those who have these standards are not being supportive or loyal to the person they are dating, which made no sense to me since it takes time to know someone enough to be loyal to them.
  • wheird

Then what is it!

Never mind, I misunderstood. I thought you meant those who have these standards are not being supportive or loyal to the person they are dating, which made no sense to me since it takes time to know someone enough to be loyal to them.

No, I meant fidelity.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

Don't forget he also has to be over 6' tall.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    I would never outright lead with that in a conversation, but really not having a job is the biggest dealbreaker. I live near Boston, so a car isn't always necessary and I'm pretty young so living at home still isn't an issue if there are student loans, etc.

In terms of my potential men in my life, of which there are none.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    When I was single...
    -ok I'm not single, but honestly whose advice do you want, people who are happily in relationships for years? or people who can't quite stay in a relationship?-
    ...I would look for compatibility, intelligence, humor, willingness to do man things like kill spiders, good looks, strength, good at sex, and other key stuff that would make the relationship good.

if you're really compatible, these things matter *way* less. but if you're not really compatible they will definitely be red flags.
    if it were me and we hit it off hugely I would NOT care. If we didn't, I'd be thinking the following:

-you don't have a place to stay: why? are you broke? how come you can't take care of yourself? oh god you are NOT moving in with me, I hope you're not looking for that.
    -you don't have a job: well really as long as you're not expecting me to pay for dinner I don't care until it's way later in the relationship. that said, what I'd be thinking: I hope it doesn't get awkward, 'cause I'm not paying your 1/2 of this date. don't rub it in my face, cause if it really doesn't matter to you, then you should be able to act like it.
    -you don't have a car? the least important on the list, especially if you're in a city. now, you don't have a car cause it's been repo'd several times and live in the suburbs and are always asking for rides? we will not be going out again.

Now how to tell if you/a girl are hitting it off? You'll know. If you can't tell if it's going well, then chances are yes those are red flags.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    the guy I am extremely interested in right now does not have a "real" job just busking playing music on the street & in bars

:love: :heart: :love:

sooo that says something
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Whatever, you love it.
    kitty-2.gif

^ That gif right there?

Consider it stolen.
  • estaticaa
    estaticaa Posts: 67 Member
    This whole dating thing still baffles me. Well, I think I have seen enough English speaking movies depicting dates, but I always thought most of it was an exaggeration and not actually real.

I hope I don't sound like an idiot for asking this, but I hope someone can answer this: Is it true that people set up dates with other people they don't really know in order to see how compatible they are? Do you guys actually interview each other and test chemistry for a few hours in a pre-arranged meeting? I'm not judging or anything, but reading this thread made me aware of how different romance / romantic relationships are in different places. Where I live, people don't go on dates and interview each other. They usually start off by being friends, feel attracted and they fall in love. Some take it to the next level and plan their life together. That's it. :embarassed: