Calories burned from Insanity Workout?

Options
124»

Replies

• mtjls
    mtjls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I saw your post and wanted to second your thoughts. I am also short and weigh 120 ad been working on loosing 10 pounds for ever. Nothing works, not diet not exercise nothing. I'm working on checking hormones now. That said, I also do not burn more then 350 calories in any exercise. Usually less. My heart rate is up so I am not sure why I do not burn more. I use a sportline hrm. Cardio recovery is a bummer because I too burn little calories. I do not follow T eating so much but have been following BFFM guidelines most of the time. I know my calories are always in a deficit but not to low. I am at a loss. I am on the end of week 4 and am stronger and my legs are more muscular and firm however the fat is still there thus causing my legs to get bigger. I am going to continue to the second month and hope for more results.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I did Insanity. It was tough and even after 60 days I still needed to stop, just not as much. I didn't lose weight, but I sure did get strong both cardio & muscle wise. Using the formula with the nutrition guide, my guess is calories burned would start at about 350 & go up depending upon how hard you're working. But remember Insanity is great for burning calories, but diet is still the key to weight loss.
  • danaweston
    Options
    I work out with the Insanity DVD's and wear a HRM also. It is a very individual process in part because of the EFFORT one puts into the workout, the age of the individual, and the weight/fitness level. If using a guess, then I would suggests choosing a low calorie burn guess
    I learned this by experience LOL
  • aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Djones62511
    Djones62511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What does this do?
  • HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    yeah... its called calorie burner or something like that... the pic looks like a chalk board drawing of stick figures working out.... but it tends to over estimate so just deduct about 10 - 15% of whatever it says....
  • HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    i do... because depending on the day i burn differently although its usually within the same range....
  • bighouse51
    bighouse51 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Insanity Core Cardio 63 minutes 555 Cal
    Plyometric Cardio 72 minutes 852 Cal
    Cardio Power Resistance 60 minutes 649 Cal
    Cardio Recovery 58 minutes 500 Cal
    Pure Cardio & Abs 61 minutes 696 Cal
    Max Interval Circuit 79 minutes 919 Cal
    Max Interval Plyo 72 minutes 870 Cal
    Max Cardio Cond. & Abs 93 minutes 1034 Cal
    Max Recovery 65 minutes 537 Cal

These were all taken with an HRM. As you can see when you get into the second half of Insanity (called Max) the calorie burns go way up. It's cool to compare these with other people's results. I weighed 264 to 250 on my first round of Insanity. About to do my second round.

TO EVERYONE DOING INSANITY: Keep going no matter how much you have to stop and rest. I can assure that if you stick with it, you will be pleased at the end of the 60 days. Also, the second half of Insanity IS tougher than the first but you will get used to the longer workouts. I thought I'd be bored going back to the start after my first round but the first 30 day's workouts are just as tough. Starting my second round this week after too long of a delay. Good luck to you all!!!

Why don't the minutes match up to the minutes of duration on the dvd's?
  • greenvc
    greenvc Posts: 2
    Options
    Hope this helps

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?Workout_Programs_Videos&cc=969

Insanity Calories Burned

Cardio & Resistance - 789
    Pure Cardio - 859
    Cardio Recovery - 1016
    Core Cardio & Balance - 441
    Max Interval Plyo - 950
    Dig Deeper Fit Test - 1089
    Max Cardio Conditioning - 698
    Fit Test Only - 844
    Fit Test & Max Interval Circuit - 1006
    Max Interval Circuit - 640
    Max Recovery - 267
    Cardio & Resistance - 558
    Sports Interval Training - 514
    Max Cardio - 626
    Upper Body Weight Lifting -287
    Abs - 345
    Speed & Agility - 570

Asylum

Speed & Agility - 570
    Strength & P90X Ab Ripper - 486
    Gameday & Overtime - 658
    Gameday - 520

This is the data from another site, it is not much difference in the calories burned count except it is geared towards what man/men would possibly burn.

Fitness Program
    Calories Burned Duration (Mins) Sex
    Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance Calories Burned
    872 39 min. Male
    Insanity Cardio Recovery Calories Burned
    422 33 min. Male
    Insanity Core Cardio & Balance Calories Burned
    540 37 min. Male
    Insanity Fit Test Calories Burned
    506 25 min. Male
    Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning Calories Burned
    929 46 min. Male
    Insanity Max Interval Plyo Calories Burned
    968 54 min. Male
    Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit Calories Burned
    869 42 min. Male
    Insanity Power and Resistance Calories Burned
    802 39 min. Male
    Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs Calories Burned
    949 58 min. Male
    Insanity Pure Cardio Calories Burned
    801 38 min. Male
  • greenvc
    greenvc Posts: 2
    Options
    Try the 17-Day Diet, you can lose 12 lbs the 1st 17 days. I have been doing it off and on since June of last year and I have lost 52 lbs thus far. When I say off and on, I mean XMas, B-Day etc. I also took a break and did the Ultimate Reset in February, so in April I was looking good on my cruise. Here is the jist of the lifestyle change:

Upon waking I drink hot lemon water - 1/2 lemon in 1 cup of water
    2 probiotics a day - yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese etc. low to no-fat/recommend no-fat
    Green Tea (hot or cold 1 cup) after Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
    No fruit after 2 pm
    Exercise 17 minutes a day

I invested in the book by Dr. Mikie Moreno, Dr. Phil promoted this book on his show; it has a plethera of good info in the book and some awesome simple recipes such as eggplant parmesan, lettuce wraps, taco's, chick-veg soup, turkey burgers etc. I invested in the book, the additional cookbook and the journal. It was worth it, on my 1st 17 days I lost 12 lbs and 2 dress sizes, in which I believe that I dropped dress sizes because I was doing my total gym, water aerobics and home dvd workout video's. So try it, it is exciting.
  • bethheyyy
    bethheyyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol
  • micki510
    Options
    Where did you get your body bug at?
  • micki510
    Options
    I found that this website is pretty accurate on how many calories you can burn with any workout:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Like others have said, investing in an HRM can replace going to this website
  • Djones62511
    Djones62511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use my own heart monitor...
  • ga81peach19
    Options
    http://insanitycalories.com/

I used this site to help determine my calories burned.