What is your newest food obsession?

Options

Replies

• LilMissScatterbrain
    Options
    cucumber slices dipped in light salad cream,.... Mmm :)
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Not a new obsession, but a recent rediscovery... roasted brussel sprouts. Tossed in olive oil and whatever spices I have on hand.
    I can eat exactly however many I make whether it's 4 or 40.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fresh coconut meat. Those from the beaches are the sweetest.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fresh green beans or asparagus, steamed or microwaved until just tender, then plunged into an ice water bath. Then marinated in garlic expressions vinaigrette, and eaten cold. I can't get enough of it !
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lately my new food obsession would have to be garlic hummus spread over grilled chicken :)
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Garlic and herb soft cheese - can't get enough of it!!!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    smoked turkey and avocado on sprouted wheat bread. Yummy and so filling!
  • nat289
    nat289 Posts: 1
    Options
    Porridge. For a 'big bowl' of oar so simple original it's 140 calories and it fills me up. It's a good dinner after a high calorie lunch!
  • byahbee
    byahbee Posts: 19
    Options
    roasted garlic paste. you can add it to anything and it's amazing :)
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sardines!

They taste like smoked salmon, but moister and more flavorful, are FULL of healthy oil and super high in protein. I like them straight out of the can for lunch or on a piece of whole grain toast for breakfast. Half a can is about 150 cals, so even if I eat the whole can it's still not unreasonable for lunch.

They are so ridiculously good. I think the name put me off of trying them for a long time, but now I regret all the years I spent without eating them.. Wow. Yum.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sardines!

They taste like smoked salmon, but moister and more flavorful, are FULL of healthy oil and super high in protein. I like them straight out of the can for lunch or on a piece of whole grain toast for breakfast. Half a can is about 150 cals, so even if I eat the whole can it's still not unreasonable for lunch.

They are so ridiculously good. I think the name put me off of trying them for a long time, but now I regret all the years I spent without eating them.. Wow. Yum.

Smoked oysters, smoked clams, and sardines always on hand in our pantry! So yummy and healthy.
  • dcshellz
    dcshellz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    waasabi peas
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Green chickpeas in the pod! Sprinkle with some salt water and stick in the oven. It's like shelling seeds, but they're not seeds, they're green but not exactly what you expect green to taste like, it's a chickpea.. but it tastes like a weird cross between something you can't define and.. well something else you can't define. For 125 calories per 100 g (About 2 cups in shell unpacked), 8 fiber an 7 protein. HEAVEN ON EARTH!
    Wowza!! I MUST FIND THESE!! THanks:flowerforyou:

I'm Glad I Came here. .. I think??.. it made me hungry,& I used an idea from the previous page,because I had spaghetti squash cooked plain in the Frig...but I'd just made a portion of plain Thai rice noodles...So Currently..
    In a 3.c. Pyrex Layer noodles,squash,f.f.Cottage,red Sauce,& I string cheese shredded with Nooch on top ~Nuke till hot .
    ..and this is How far I GOT LOL
    GREAT ideas so far ... Wasabi aspapagus roastedin a teeny seas.e oil
  • lorigreen125
    lorigreen125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Artichokes!!! :D
  • occupysmithmachine
    Options
    Kohlrabi!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Green chickpeas in the pod! Sprinkle with some salt water and stick in the oven. It's like shelling seeds, but they're not seeds, they're green but not exactly what you expect green to taste like, it's a chickpea.. but it tastes like a weird cross between something you can't define and.. well something else you can't define. For 125 calories per 100 g (About 2 cups in shell unpacked), 8 fiber an 7 protein. HEAVEN ON EARTH!
    Wowza!! I MUST FIND THESE!! THanks:flowerforyou:

I'm Glad I Came here. .. I think??.. it made me hungry,& I used an idea from the previous page,because I had spaghetti squash cooked plain in the Frig...but I'd just made a portion of plain Thai rice noodles...So Currently..
    In a 3.c. Pyrex Layer noodles,squash,f.f.Cottage,red Sauce,& I string cheese shredded with Nooch on top ~Nuke till hot .
    ..and this is How far I GOT LOL
    GREAT ideas so far ... Wasabi aspapagus roastedin a teeny seas.e oil

Sadly you won't always find these.. just like green almonds, they have a very specific season that lasts no longer than 2-3 weeks, after which they turn into regular chickpeas/almonds.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    fruit and soup
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this counts as food but I'm in love with Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea - I add a Wyler light raspberry packet to it and it is delicious!!!

I also found I'm in love with swiss cheese instead of american or cheddar.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Loving spaghetti squash with Classico fresh basil sauce and Parmesan cheese. Super low in calories, delicious and easy to make. Making more tomorrow. Looking forward to late summer and being able to make it with fresh tomatoes from the garden.