I hate eating healthy with a passion

Options

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    As long as you fit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

I tried quitting coffee recently.. NOPE! My body won't have anything to do without it!
    It's the same with food. I still have my junk, I just make sure it fits my macros.

Make it fit your macros, you'll be set.

Pre-log your food if you have to. No need to torture yourself.
    Try to put in healthy meals here and there, but if you can't, you simply can't. As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off.

Uhm, no. Make sure it fits in your CALORIES. Sure, you want to be as close to your macros as possible but you won't be "fine" if thats all you worry about

RE-READ, calories = deficit.
    You should know this by now, or at least I hope you do.

You said as long as you hit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

That is false.
    Scroll down. Read the entire thing. Guess you missed the healthy deficit part YET AGAIN. Good job.

Have a great day, dude.

Nope I saw it. Doesn't change that the majority of your post is wrong information which is what I was correcting.
    You've corrected nothing as there was nothing "wrong" with my post.
    Quit trying to pick a fight behind the safety of your computer screen. It's lame, k? K.
    Goodbye! :flowerforyou:

What on earth is wrong with you? You said two false statements, which I corrected, and now I'm the one picking a fight? Behind the safety of my computer screen? Are you really trying to be a tough guy on MFP? That's pathetic. You made false statements. Deal with it.

I'm confused-- which statements were the false ones?

For the macros thing-- since each gram of protein, fat, or carbs has an associated number of calories, hitting one's macros does mean hitting one's calorie goal.

eta: assuming one sets macros by grams instead of by percentages. That would be a different matter.

Have you ever hit all 3 macros perfectly down to the gram? Highly doubtful.

And for about the 4th time. You can't eat whatever you want as long as you "fit" it in your macros and be set. Had you said, if you hit all your macros perfectly to the gram, you can eat whatever, then sure you'd be right. But you didn't.

And it's completely unrealistic to think that most people can hit their macros exactly everyday.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I tried quitting coffee recently.. NOPE! My body won't have anything to do without it!
    It's the same with food. I still have my junk, I just make sure it fits my macros.

Try to put in healthy meals here and there, but if you can't, you simply can't. As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off.

Uhm, no. Make sure it fits in your CALORIES. Sure, you want to be as close to your macros as possible but you won't be "fine" if thats all you worry about

That is false.
    Scroll down. Read the entire thing. Guess you missed the healthy deficit part YET AGAIN. Good job.

Have a great day, dude.

Nope I saw it. Doesn't change that the majority of your post is wrong information which is what I was correcting.

So you only read one line of a post.

Okay then.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    OP...what do you think eating healthy means? Because honestly, there are about million different definitions to what "healthy" is, and you have seen half of that already; but, in the end all that matters is what you think. Some are going to say it is eating clean, others are going to say it is cutting out this or cutting out that.

I personally believe you don't have to cut anything from your diet to be healthy. Learn to work those chips or those cookies in and you will be fine. If you want that mocha frap then get it. Life is too short to not live it. There are plenty of people on this very site who are losing weight and eating the full fat version of this or the full calorie version of that...they have just learned to work it in. Once you learn what works for you then you will be fine.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

Quit trying to pick a fight behind the safety of your computer screen. It's lame, k? K.

What on earth is wrong with you? You said two false statements, which I corrected, and now I'm the one picking a fight? Behind the safety of my computer screen? Are you really trying to be a tough guy on MFP? That's pathetic. You made false statements. Deal with it.

For the macros thing-- since each gram of protein, fat, or carbs has an associated number of calories, hitting one's macros does mean hitting one's calorie goal.

eta: assuming one sets macros by grams instead of by percentages. That would be a different matter.

And for about the 4th time. You can't eat whatever you want as long as you "fit" it in your macros and be set. Had you said, if you hit all your macros perfectly to the gram, you can eat whatever, then sure you'd be right. But you didn't.

And it's completely unrealistic to think that most people can hit their macros exactly everyday.

Well of course no one is expected to meet their macros perfectly every single day. They are a goal and a guideline to shoot for. It is, however, possible to be get pretty darn close most of the time. I do. It took me a bit of trial and error to get to that point, but now I do it fairly easily on most days.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

You do realize you're being ridiculous right?

If you meet, or come close to your macros, then you'll be at, or close, to your calorie goal. Meeting your macros IS meeting your calorie goal.
  • kdbnmd
    kdbnmd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I must say I do LOVE a lot of junk food too! But there are many more healthy foods I do enjoy.
    A little 'junk' sometimes should be ok. Find healthier choices you enjoy. Trying to eat things you don't like will make
    things worse.
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    Rather than trying to do an overhaul, I think it is more sustainable to make tiny changes. Processed foods will not make you feel as full or satisfied if you simply cut back on portions.
    Example: If you want to cut down on fizzy drinks, drink a cup of water before each cup of sugary drink

Then you can add a small weekly goal. like try a new fruit/veg each week and try to prepare it different ways each day. Even if it's something like getting a take-away and adding more veg to it (slice up tomato and add it to your burger maybe?) and then slowly reduce the number of times you rely on processed foods.

The way sugary and salty foods are created makes them very addicting and it is very difficult to cut back! Some people have more addictive personalities so it may be more difficult than for others. If all else fails, join support groups or ask your doctor for help. Hope this helps!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I hate healthy eating, too. I miss being able to sit down and eat whatever I want, whenever, I want--but that's what packed on the pounds! I think it's important to remember that not every day needs to be perfectly healthy. Today was a bad day during which I got *lots* of exercise, so I had a 4 oz hamburger and a 1/2 cup of gravy to which I'd added mushrooms, over a big bowl of brown rice--comfort food! I did go over on my sodium and fat, which are my two weaknesses right now, but as I learn to rely less on packaged foods and re-learn how to cook for myself, I figure I'll do better. Just forgive yourself and remember to log accurately. Eventually you'll figure out which fast foods fit into your food allowance (Taco Bell beef soft tacos without sauce have 150 calories each!) and which need to be special treats. Good luck!
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was once like you. At some point in your life, you'll realize a few things:

1) The way you're eating isn't healthy for you.
    2) Face it. Being healthy involves eating vegetables.
    3) Sitting on your butt won't make it smaller.

You don't have to do it all at once. One book that really helped me was Bob Greene's The Best Life Diet. There's a chapter in that book that provides guidance on how to learn to like vegetables. When somebody says "eating healthy" brings, most of us have visions of salads and raw vegetables. But the reality of it is that if you need to put ranch dressing on the baby carrots to eat them, do it. Just don't float them in it :) Grab a copy of Clean Eating magazine and try some of those recipes.

Point is, do a little research. Being healthy may not be as bad as it sounds.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing.
    And this has made you incapable of making your own decisions as an adult?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Small changes over time make a big difference! For instance, if you go to Burger King get a medium or small fries instead of a large. Once you get used to that, go small or cut them out every other visit, etc.

You can do it, but you have to want to and you have to believe you can!

Works for me. You don't have to stop eating what you enjoy in order to lose weight or be healthy.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing.

+1

If you love yourself and want to live a longer healthier life, you're going to have to suck it up and learn to eat it in moderation. I've never been able to understand how some people prefer candy over fruit? So good. I personally can't get past the side effects from all the gmo's, unpronounceable chemicals, msg, high fructose corn syrup and heaps of additives in processed, packaged/fast foods. Humans beings aren't meant to consume that stuff. Not to mention.. fast food = violent poops. That on a daily basis would be a terrible existence.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

+1

If you love yourself and want to live a longer healthier life, you're going to have to suck it up and learn to eat it in moderation. I've never been able to understand how some people prefer candy over fruit? So good. I personally can't get past the side effects from all the gmo's, unpronounceable chemicals, msg, high fructose corn syrup and heaps of additives in processed, packaged/fast foods. Humans beings aren't meant to consume that stuff. Not to mention.. fast food = violent poops. That on a daily basis would be a terrible existence.

Thanks for the mental image of you having a gigantic dump

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to start eating healthier or you will have long-term health problems. Start eating better and exercising while you're still young so that you have good habits when you're older. You don't want your wake-up call to be a heart attack. :(

There was a girl three years ago whose doctor told her that she had the heart of a 90-year-old. She was 22 (just a little older than you are now) and her diet was mostly pizza, McDonald's and chips. The scary thing was that she wasn't fat. Her BMI would probably have been at the high end of the healthy range; she wasn't someone who looked like she ate all that junk food. She cleaned up her diet and lost weight.

Use fast food as a treat and the rest of the time you need to eat healthier things. Because of your habits, I would suggest slowly switching out foods. Maybe substitute one item at each meal for something healthier. Aim to lose 1-2 pounds a week and eat the calories and exercise based on that.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You can retrain your body to like healthy foods, or you can like feeling like **** and getting sick. Your choice. I hate to sound rude, but you know what you need to do. Food perference is learned, generally speaking, you aren't born with it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

You do realize you're being ridiculous right?

If you meet, or come close to your macros, then you'll be at, or close, to your calorie goal. Meeting your macros IS meeting your calorie goal.
    I don't think they get that everything... Including calories... Are estimated... Most things on this site cannot be calculated with 100% accuracy... Food... Weight... Body fat (you would actually have to be dead to calculate that one)....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

Say what? I've never hit my macros down to the gram and yet I have been successfully cutting, bulking, and maintaining for almost 500 days.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've also tried straight-up healthy living and it just isn't something I can do in the long run. I eat quite "unhealthily" but I fit it all into my calorie goal using portion control. When I buy a bag of chips or candy, I automatically portion it out into smaller bags when I get home from the store and grab one when I'm eating or planning out my meals for the day. It's worked so far and I've lost these 10 lbs faster than I ever have eating just plain healthy food (I would go on huge junk food binges because it was way too hard for me to stick to it!). But of course I do include fruits and veggies into my diet, but it's not my main focus. Portion control can be a tough lesson to learn but you need to re-train your brain to accept smaller portions and be satisfied. It really works!!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

+1

hahahaha i don't.. because i eat healthy. and you're welcome :happy: i hope you think of it every time you go for some fast food.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

+1

hahahaha i don't.. because i eat healthy. and you're welcome :happy: i hope you think of it every time you go for some fast food.

That's kind of messed up that you want someone to think of you taking a dump when they eat. Each their own but realize pushing off a scat fetish on someone is uncool. Just EW.

As for your unpronounceable "chemicals" deal...I can't pronounce most of what makes up food in general, so I guess I'll just starve?

we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg

24d9edb3-75bd-4621-a1cd-7bfd85bb0ba1.jpg