Please Share: How do You feel good about Yourself

Options
What are some strategies that You use to make Yourself feel beautiful when You are on the weight loss journey but still not quite at Your goal weight?

Here are some of my strategies:
-Applying nail polish (I actually only own 1 nail polish! It's the light purple/mauvish colour from Dior winter 2013)
-Wearing perfume (I also only own 1 perfume - the one in my photo but I have lots of carded samples)
-Wearing makeup
-Wearing nice clothes (I work one day a week, and You're not really supposed to dress very nicely at the job, but hey, it makes me feel better about myself)

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Exercising (the best strategy), wearing mascara, getting a professional haircut (I used to cut my own), wearing clothes that accentuate features that I like (I used to always pick tank tops over shorts), taking good care of my skin by moisturizing.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I do most of the same things that you've mentioned, nails, hair, clothes. I also love make up, And love fixing my home up perfectly so everything is cleaned and in order. (clean home is a reflection of the women that lives in it ;-)
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Actually exercising and eating healthy are my rewards. I have more energy and my body feels good.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I just act the way I do when I am slim. It doesn't change anything about myself
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    making a plan and sticking to it makes me feel good, wether that is diet, exercise, house work etc anything. achieving goals feels good. and then all the good stuff you mentioned, taking care of myself... x
  • GrandmaWhimsie
    GrandmaWhimsie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I, along with our son, typically walk together. We walk and talk. It is a great catch-up time with each other. Our walks have been getting longer, little by little. Yesterday, we achieved nearly 6 miles! We walked for two hours together. Looking forward to our next walk & talk....:)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Actually exercising and eating healthy are my rewards. I have more energy and my body feels good.
    same here & also knowing that you are aiming for more results coming in & you will do it
    (Determined)
  • GrandmaWhimsie
    GrandmaWhimsie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do many of the same things you do. I love dressing nicely, and wearing perfume. I enjoy make-up, too. Thank you for starting this topic.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How do I feel good about myself?
    I take note of the little changes in my body and my abilities. It can be from I can bend over without hurting. I can go down stairs without feeling the knees hurt (as much). I can wear something smaller. I can think clearer. I believe my skin looks better. I find myself more interested in how I look in clothes. When you are so obese the only thing you want is comfortable which for me was stretch pants and oversized t shirts.
    I'm more of a country gal, so makeup, nails, perfumes and such are not my cup of tea. But I do like a good hair cut and a good coloring job (since I am naturally graying).
    I feel good from the inside out, which kind of makes me feel like I have a secret and no one knows. And the secret is I am taking care of me and feeling it.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling good about myself by meeting my goals for calories and exercise. I don't do my nails, I don't wear make-up (haven't in years), my workplace is scent free and my husband is allergic to perfume. I do have to wear professional dress at work, but I haven't bought anything new. Things are getting a little baggy, so I'll need to replace clothes as I move toward my goal, but I'm saving my whole new wardrobe reward for the end of the line.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a farmer, so the polish and manicure is not happening, and 90% of the time I wear barn clothes...."grubbies". What makes ME feel good is my creativity, the skills I have in drawing, painting, gourd art, carving, pyrography, fiberarts, painting and design, my intelligence, my loving and supportive family, my strength and ability to do farm work, my skills with managing horses, and the healthy food choices I have due to our large organic garden.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    Like you I do all the girlie things you do hair nails clothes... But mostly I remember the little things I can do now. Touch my own feet. Wash myself, and that moves me in a serious way. Never going back. ????????
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What are some strategies that You use to make Yourself feel beautiful when You are on the weight loss journey but still not quite at Your goal weight?
    The fact that I completed another day towards my weight goal without giving up makes me feel good.

Even though my body changes don't really show to the world, I notice the stamina changes in my everyday life. I ride my bike more effortlessly and take the stairs more easily than I did even a few months ago.

I like fitting into clothes that I put aside because they were too tight but too pretty or nice to get rid of.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I live on a horse farm, so I also spend most of my time in barn clothes. Since I have lost about a third of my weight goal I have started to feel better both physically and emotionally and that has manifested itself in doing some of the 'girley' things again. I do wear nail polish, even though I have twisted fingers:smile: I've been making an attempt to dress better, even though I am mostly at home. I have always taken care of my skin, but actually seeing bone structure in my face again has given me a boost in attitude. I make a point of telling myself I don't look half bad for an old broad! It helps to speak to yourself positively. I haven't lost enough for new clothes yet, but that is definitely on the list. I plan on being a well-dressed horse farmer!

In short, I am not being hard on myself anymore and am amazed at the benefit that brings.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I dont think of how i look. My husband thinks im pretty. I may look like a hot mess to everyone else, but who am i trying to impress? Irun a mini farm-my chickens dont comment on my dirty nails.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    How do I feel good about myself?
    I take note of the little changes in my body and my abilities. It can be from I can bend over without hurting. I can go down stairs without feeling the knees hurt (as much). I can wear something smaller. I can think clearer. I believe my skin looks better. I find myself more interested in how I look in clothes. When you are so obese the only thing you want is comfortable which for me was stretch pants and oversized t shirts.
    I'm more of a country gal, so makeup, nails, perfumes and such are not my cup of tea. But I do like a good hair cut and a good coloring job (since I am naturally graying).
    I feel good from the inside out, which kind of makes me feel like I have a secret and no one knows. And the secret is I am taking care of me and feeling it.
    yes
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Just knowing that no matter what, I'm not settling for anything in my life ever. Fat, skinny, in between, doesn't matter. Not going to happen.
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do my make up (I love wearing bold lipsticks), painting my nails, cleaning my bedroom, putting effort into cooking a new healthy meal, working out, waking up early, reading, dying my hair!
  • Joi2014
    Joi2014 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm using the skinny pack that I purchased from www.myultimatebodymakeover.com to lose weight. I'm in shock how much I've slimmed down just in 5 weeks. Im doing the 90 day challenge. I'm also using their Profit powder and replacing 2 meals a day and eating a clean dinner. I go to the nail shop every other week and have been going window shopping for new clothes I will reward myself with a shopping spree when I reach my goal. I even bought a smaller pair of jeans that I am working down towards for motivation. ;)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Being healthy and helping ppl. spending time with family