Whats your favorite Protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    The fattiest piece of red meat i can get my hand on !!

and reminded by the leaf also hemp protein
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Has to be oatmeal cooked with peanut butter and instead of sweetner I put in 1 T dark chocolate miniature chips.. Drool

Wow i've never tried oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in. It's really good?
  • mooncath
    mooncath Posts: 31
    Options
    I love seafood.

I would also love red meat and chicken/turkey but I have to eat them at a snail's pace in order not to get heartburn.

I can't have nuts or dairy, but when I used to not be allergic, I loved cheese, peanut butter, pistachios and walnuts.

Carbs with protein are also wonderful -- soba noodles (yum!) and quinoa, for example.
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I add 1/4 C of cottage cheese to my eggs in the morning before I scramble them. Sounds bizarre, but its really good! I also love tuna. Not the canned variety, but tuna steak. Pan seared tuna is awesome and a great source of protein!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump (I'm always low on protein!)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Tofu, chickpeas, vegetables, hemp, tempeh, seiten, black beans.
  • i_am_mumma_mia
    i_am_mumma_mia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm always low on protein and never ever like protein drinks but I heard so many good things about Nature's Way - Instant Natural Protein Figure Drink by Michelle Bridges which I combine with Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze Unsweetened and frozen berry 3 mix and I LOVE IT!! :love:

Since being on 12WBT I have tried so many new things like cottage cheese which is really high in protein and low in calories - great on celery which is great in reducing any stomach bloating and really low in calories :smile:
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Chicken mammaries coated with the slime of their unborn and roasted until their juice runs clear.
  • Irishb118
    Irishb118 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! I eat a 1/2 cup for breakfast every morning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It seems the only days I can easily reach my protein goal is when I have chicken breast. I mean, I eat Greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, fish, beef etc, but it just doesn't compare with chicken breast for the protein vs calorie ratio.

Fat free ricotta is excellent too though... 12g of protein for 45 calories or something. And I actually like the taste better than part skim. But I can't eat it plain, so it adds calories when I add honey, sugar or whatnot... lol.