Upping my Calories

Options
Hello everyone! I have been dieting since January and so far I have lost over 20 pounds; I have gone from 176 down to 152. I have done this by exercising 4-5 times a week and eating 1200 calories a day, with a two pound a week weight loss goal. Since I am getting closer to my goal weight, I wanted to switch to a one pound a week goal and up my calories 1500. I am 5'3 and my goal is to get down to 130, so do you all think this is a good idea to up my calories, or should I stick with the 1200 and keep with what I have been doing?

Replies

• nfull2
    nfull2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I posted this a couple of days ago and no one responded :(

I would really appreciate some feedback!

Thank you in advanced!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Upping the calories is a great idea.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think that you should choose a less aggressive weight loss goal as you get closer to your goal weight. This will help to make your transition into maintenance calories easier and preserve all that healthy lean muscle mass as you drop the last pounds.

Are you eating back any of your exercise calories in addition to that 1200 calorie goal?
  • nfull2
    nfull2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses!

It really depends on the day if I eat my exercise calories back. I have a fairly solid eating schedule (3 main meals and two snacks) and I don't really find myself getting hungry very often, however if I find that I am very hungry I do add some extra snacks. I also drink a lot of water- usually 75-100 oz per day.