Peanut butter is not a protein source!!!!!

Options

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Why do the mods let dumb posts like these get posted?
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeaaah... it's still got protein and it still makes me happy. I'm still gonna eat it. ERRY DUY
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is disgusting.

That is all.

And this is true for the super-sweetened peanut butter wannabe as well as the natural stuff. All gross.
    *Gasp* blasphemy

I would hang my head in shame...

...if I was in any way wrong about this...

...but I'm not, so I won't.

10633-Come-At-Me-Bro.jpg
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    842556562.jpg?1394237622
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I think it is a source for goodness...especially paired with a banana on a sandwich...or chocolate in a bowl.

My peanut butter...is only peanuts...no added anything.

Oh...and peanut butter goes well with banana ice cream. Don't forge the chocolate syrup on top.

Thanks OP for educating us...
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

Ha, mine is. Try PB2 if you do not want fat, but honestly I love all types of peanut butter.

PB2-label.jpg
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    We're talking a whopping 7 grams of protein !!!
    In only 2 little TABLESPOONS.

In my book, that IS considered a protein source.

what book is RobsGirl_lds reading from ?????
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Just compared that to 75% ground beef. Guess which one won on fat to protein ratio...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Ha, mine is. Try PB2 if you do not want fat, but honestly I love all types of peanut butter.

PB2-label.jpg

:angry:
    No.

Real PB or get out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Um. It has protein and fat. It is in fact still a protein source. Cause, you know, it's got protein in it, and stuff.

hth.

LOGIC'D
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    Try PB2 if you do not want fat, but honestly I love all types of peanut butter.

PikaKnight, your PB2 brand has 30% less protein than the OPs regualr peanut butter.
    ie, yours is 5grams, Ops is 7 grams.

Because PB2 has removed some peanut fat & peanuts, and replaced it with SUGAR.
    again cheaper, less nutritional filler ingredients.
    ouch.

http://www.bellplantation.com/4-pack-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-6-5-oz-jars.html
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the "enlightenment" like no one here has read a nutrition label on peanut butter.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jschmeezy
    Options
    Fat isn't bad for you at all. The added sugar is what's doing damage. Stay away from low-fat foods, eat good, healthy natural fats. Avoid processed sugars and artificial sweeteners.
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is if you include Omega 3. It depends on the kind you're getting. If you're getting those Skippy's or JIF's, then yeah, that's not a good source of protein.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Feels like a lot of harshness in response to this post. In fact it is a fat source primarily with protein making it a less than ideal source of protein for some occasions. It is like Herbalife products that claim to be protein supplements but the main ingredient is maltodextrin a crappy corn starch. It is a bit mislead maybe is the point our poster is looking to make...
  • slevy89
    slevy89 Posts: 2
    Options
    It's a protein source, just not an ideal one because of all the fat and sugar it has. Let's look at a more extreme side of the spectrum, I checked out the baconator I used to eat all the time. It has a generous 57g of protein, but at the same time, it also has a heart-stopping 57 grams of fat. Yes, It has a generous amount of protein, but it also has just as much fat, which by my standards deems it n unideal source of protein.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Options
    My peanut butter...is only peanuts...no added anything.

You go, girl !!! that's the way I like it, too. not even salt.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

PB2-label.jpg

PB2 has 30% less protein than regualr peanut butter.

Because PB2 has removed some fat/peanut butter, and replaced it with SUGAR.
    again cheaper, less nutritional filler ingredients.
    ouch.

http://www.bellplantation.com/4-pack-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-6-5-oz-jars.html

but you get 5 grams of protein for 45 calories vs. 7 grams of protein and 190 calories in regular. I love them both but do not discount the value of PB2. When you are counting calories, it is great.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
    do you want to promote more whole food than processed food?
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    mmmmm peanut butter *licks spoon clean*