Paleo or Low Carb?

Options

Replies

• AllyBlue77
    Options
    Eat SUPER CLEAN. Trust me when I say that if you eat really clean (and I mean NO processed crap at all) you will be shocked at how difficult it is to reach your calorie goal each day. When I eat super clean, I am full as can be and have eaten HALF the calories I do when I am throwing processed stuff in there.

People are so easily led to believe that certain processed food is healthy (those Luna and protein bars for example) but they aren't. If something has more than 5 ingredients in it, you probably shouldn't eat it if you're want to get serious about losing weight (and from a health standpoint, who wants all those chemicals anyway).

Give it a try. It's hard. Trust me...it's difficult to convince yourself that eating carrot sticks or cauliflower is going to be as wonderful as a bag of doritos...but eventually you stop wanting the junk.

Hope this helps.

what do you mean by clean? what do you define as processed?

please do not do this OP …eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss..

everything in moderation ….eat 80% healthy and 20% what you want = ice cream, cake, pizza, etc..

there are no bad foods, just food that your body uses for energy….

ok here's the deal, my body is truly resistant and at my weight anything i eat even if its 5% of what i want will make me gain...trust me i know my body ( i think)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Eat SUPER CLEAN. Trust me when I say that if you eat really clean (and I mean NO processed crap at all) you will be shocked at how difficult it is to reach your calorie goal each day. When I eat super clean, I am full as can be and have eaten HALF the calories I do when I am throwing processed stuff in there.

People are so easily led to believe that certain processed food is healthy (those Luna and protein bars for example) but they aren't. If something has more than 5 ingredients in it, you probably shouldn't eat it if you're want to get serious about losing weight (and from a health standpoint, who wants all those chemicals anyway).

Give it a try. It's hard. Trust me...it's difficult to convince yourself that eating carrot sticks or cauliflower is going to be as wonderful as a bag of doritos...but eventually you stop wanting the junk.

Hope this helps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQE6n-YMkhZv5jbQ7PwhbJUhHBAG9g-Uv6vEEVDfyck2Jmdfsqqw
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    you know ndj is right again...... lol ( trust me i use to do that as well if you are eating above your calories no matter what it is you will not go anywhere) You will also be wanting to binge all the time if you are anything like me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

everything in moderation ….eat 80% healthy and 20% what you want = ice cream, cake, pizza, etc..

ok here's the deal, my body is truly resistant and at my weight anything i eat even if its 5% of what i want will make me gain...trust me i know my body ( i think)

do you weigh, log, measure all your food? If no, then you do not have a clue as to how much you are consuming.

how is eating clean going to make you lose weight? IF you eat clean and eat over your maintenance calories you will still gain weight….
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was right! I thought "chlorophyll" had to be a typo, and that the person who wrote about its merits must have meant "chloroform". So I got some, and it worked great-- I slept right through dinner! One question, though. Does anybody know how many calories it has per serving? I didn't see it in the database.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I was right! I thought "chlorophyll" had to be a typo, and that the person who wrote about its merits must have meant "chloroform". So I got some, and it worked great-- I slept right through dinner! One question, though. Does anybody know how many calories it has per serving? I didn't see it in the database.

it is negative calories...
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

not a typo, it is in fact CHLOROPHYLL....

chloroform is an anesthetic...the kinda **** you give to annoying people..
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

Okay, then at my weight, by your logic, I should just look at my tiramisu ice cream for tomorrow and gain weight.

Thermodynamics. And things. Are you adding 5% on top of your maintenance calories by adding food you like? That's how anyone could gain weight whether it be in carrot sticks or bon bons
  • countscalories
    Options
    Thanks for the calorie info! I'd like to lose about 48 lbs this week. Do you think the chloroform will make it possible? I figure if I sleep through every meal, and dream that I'm running from Godzilla, I should get pretty close (as long as I don't eat back my exercise calories, of course).
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

Hope this helps.

Okay, then at my weight, by your logic, I should just look at my tiramisu ice cream for tomorrow and gain weight.

Thermodynamics. And things. Are you adding 5% on top of your maintenance calories by adding food you like? That's how anyone could gain weight whether it be in carrot sticks or bon bons

yeah i see what you mean, i guess as i said earlier im BSing myself with my "tracking"..... im not tracking truthfully.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Hope this helps.

yeah i see what you mean, i guess as i said earlier im BSing myself with my "tracking"..... im not tracking truthfully.

there is your problem right there..

if you weigh/log/track everything consistently then you would have an accurate picture of your intake and would help you create and maintain a calorie deficit...
  • countscalories
    Options
    "Annoying people"? Seriously? And thanks, but I do know the difference between the two substances. I'm sorry if you think I'm annoying, but let's lighten up (pardon the pun). I thought some of the comments were funny-- in a cute way. I even laughed at your comment directed towards me. I only hope that you had a laugh, too. If not, I'll just go sit in a corner and inhale some more chloroform.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

if you weigh/log/track everything consistently then you would have an accurate picture of your intake and would help you create and maintain a calorie deficit...

^This. :flowerforyou: The thing that helped me succeed long term was when I started being accurate and honest with myself. It then blossomed into this awesome realization that no foods are evil though, so there's that, too. Have you read?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ndj1979
    Options
    "Annoying people"? Seriously? And thanks, but I do know the difference between the two substances. I'm sorry if you think I'm annoying, but let's lighten up (pardon the pun). I thought some of the comments were funny-- in a cute way. I even laughed at your comment directed towards me. I only hope that you had a laugh, too. If not, I'll just go sit in a corner and inhale some more chloroform.

lol
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

Hope this helps.

yeah...im going to track everything for a week before deciding to go with whatever diet.. I guess i agree with you on that one...(but im still doing the chlorophyll no matter what you say) :-)
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

;-) nah, i thought you were horrendous at first. then you gradually went up to "maybe he's just kidding" and now you are just "darn adorable". you should write some comedy no joke.

i did find your idea about godzilla chasing you a great way to lose weight....forget paleo just go over to my neighbor's house and have all those annoying dogs chase me until i lose my 8 pounds.

i already feel light.....im going to go weigh myself now.
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

Hope this helps.

^This. :flowerforyou: The thing that helped me succeed long term was when I started being accurate and honest with myself. It then blossomed into this awesome realization that no foods are evil though, so there's that, too. Have you read?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I haven't i will now! thanks :-)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I would not only listen to NDJ by also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

And please reconsider the chlorophyll, it's probably a placebo affect and waste of money.
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    I would not only listen to NDJ by also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

And please reconsider the chlorophyll, it's probably a placebo affect and waste of money.

yeah i had read it. I do all of that stuff that says not to do. I just wanted to find out about paleo experiences....tips...etc. that's all. didn't want to like waste anybody's time or anything like that...