May Running Challange

Options

Replies

• TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've taken a month off posting, but I've still been running. This month I'll go for 40 miles again :)
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Me too! 40 here-let's do it!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I really want to get into running so maybe this could be a way to motivate myself to stick with it!
    What distance do you think would be good to start with?
    I am 53 and about 60lbs overweight and want to try and do it at least 3 times a week.

This really depends on you and your running level. What kind of mileage are you currently doing? Are you just starting out? Can you average say 6-9 miles a week? More than that? Less than that?

It's hard for anyone to say without knowing what your current mileage is at.
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 35 miles !!!

exercise.png
  • SCHippieChick
    SCHippieChick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I walk/jog in intervals. I walked a 1/2 marathon last year, and am doing 2 later this year. I want to get to where I can walk/jog (or jog/walk :happy: ) the entire way. I'm in for 50 miles for May.
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 in May.

exercise.png
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'll aim for 100 miles for the month, again. I have to divide my time up between running, biking and swimming, so time will be my issue for hitting the goal. I'm also a wife, mom, and employee too. Not enough hours in a day!
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Definately in for May. Missed 2 weeks in April due to ankle injury but have done a couple of runs this week and doesnt feel too bad.

Hopefully 100 miles in May
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 45.

exercise.png
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will go for 75 miles.

exercise.png
  • VJ97
    VJ97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Try for 60 this month
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm going for 100 miles. I do walk/jog and also run in place (I use a fitbit and will do that to get steps in).

exercise.png
  • MrsMarLis
    MrsMarLis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok, I really need some motivation to start ranning again. I'll go for 50k. Sounds HEAPS though.

exercise.png
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd set myself a target for May. Aiming for 220 miles which is a mixture of trail and road. I'll hit around 190 this month so 220 is an achievable target for May

exercise.png
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    In for 105.2 miles this month!!! Marathon is May 25th!!! Will do my ticker later...
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Adding ticker.

exercise.png
  • Ninna996
    Ninna996 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

not reallu sure if I will be able to measure the distance every time since i tend to run trough wood or by the river :D
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

not reallu sure if I will be able to measure the distance every time since i tend to run trough wood or by the river :D

If you have an iphone or ipod touch you can download a pedometer app that will track your miles. A lot of the apps are free.

I like this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pedometer-free/id644928706?mt=8

I upgraded and bought the full version (they changed the name to MovesTracker) for $2.99.
  • gavinstef14
    Options

exercise.png
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump