May Running Challange

Options

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I would like join. I'm in for 80 miles running.

exercise.png
  • runningstark
    runningstark Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50!

exercise.png
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Finally got it! I'm in for 50 in May!

exercise.png
  • Stephdornan84
    Stephdornan84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm going to try for 60 miles as it's the first challenge I've taken part in.
    Good luck everyone :smile:
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    50 miles for me! Probably gonna walk most of them because I couldn't run if my life depended on it
  • farrellz
    farrellz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in for 60 miles

exercise.png
  • msabish15
    msabish15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sure what they heck - 150 miles in May

exercise.png
  • kjenks123
    kjenks123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100km. I just did this in April too. Makes a BIG difference!

exercise.png
  • maddoxnjl
    maddoxnjl Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 100 running... And a lot of walking as well. Hopefully this will give me a bit more motivation!
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Stoshew71 and Everyone!

Thank you for your kind invitation! I'm excited as well as hopeful of crossing my goal successfully this time. Others workouts have cut back running time so it's 30 miles challenge in May for me. Good Luck to everyone!
    exercise.png
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I really want to get into running so maybe this could be a way to motivate myself to stick with it!
    What distance do you think would be good to start with?
    I am 53 and about 60lbs overweight and want to try and do it at least 3 times a week.

This really depends on you and your running level. What kind of mileage are you currently doing? Are you just starting out? Can you average say 6-9 miles a week? More than that? Less than that?

It's hard for anyone to say without knowing what your current mileage is at.

I appreciate your reply!
    At the moment I am not running at all, I am a total newbie with running but I figure I should really get started!.
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    54 miles - if I reach the goal, that means I've been sticking to my half-marathon training plan

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I really want to get into running so maybe this could be a way to motivate myself to stick with it!
    I am 53 and about 60lbs overweight and want to try and do it at least 3 times a week.

This really depends on you and your running level. What kind of mileage are you currently doing? Are you just starting out? Can you average say 6-9 miles a week? More than that? Less than that?

I appreciate your reply!
    At the moment I am not running at all, I am a total newbie with running but I figure I should really get started!.

I would shoot for a mile a day for maybe 5 days a week. If that becomes easy, shoot for 2 miles a day then 3. if you have to do the run walk method, then do that. Look into the C25K Programs also.

If 5 days a week seems like too much then try 4 days a week with rests spread out through the week. Run/Walk 2 days, rest 1 day, run/walk 2 more days, rest 1 day... and so on.
  • sewilliams32
    sewilliams32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My first challenge, I will try for 45 miles, good luck everyone :-)

exercise.png
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I'll play. 300 miles.

exercise.png
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I appreciate your reply!

I'd recommend following a program like the C25K (couch to 5K) which will gradually teach you to become a runner (I've done this program twice). I can't recall the distance you're actually running in the beginning, but you're on the road for about 30 minutes each time you go - which is 3 days a week. I want to say you start around a mile or so the first couple of weeks. So shoot to do 3 miles/week for the first month.

Any number is better than what you're doing today :) You don't have to come out of the gates too far/fast - that's just asking for injury or burnout. I hope that helps.
  • Kmh3586
    Kmh3586 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sure im in for 150 miles. i hope i can do it. i also hope this works........

exercise.png
  • holmed90
    holmed90 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a 70 mile challenge.

exercise.png
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Have a great month of running everyone!!

exercise.png

Edited to add my ticker correctly...