Further Proof McDonalds is Raunchy

Options
DrBorkBork
DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
So it's been said that you can leave a McDonald's meal in your car for an extended period and it will remain unchanged. If the mold doesn't even want it, do you? This photographer chronicled 6 months of McDonald's lack of stagnation.

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/10/13/mcdonalds-happy-meal-didnt-decay-after-6-months-photos-show/?ncid=webmail

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    ha ha i JUST looked at this and was about to post it myself! its so gross isnt it!? i'm sooooo glad that i've always been vegetarian and have never eaten their burgers.......though i dont think i will ever eat their fries again either. ew!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow another Mcdonalds Smeer campaign thread...

What conditions was this done in, was it sealed or open, the environment was it wet to dry etc, hardly scientific and hardly anything you can base anything on other than to try to bash mcdonalds
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a talk show about a year ago...GROSS!!! even the bun doesn't mold. I haven't been there since. :sick:
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I saw that article this morning too. I'm thinking of doing the experiment myself b/c there is some controversy over the pics. either way, that's gross!

think about it... have you ever found one of those 'lost' fries in the back seat of your car? noticed how they didn't mold? yuck! :sick:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options

What conditions was this done in, was it sealed or open, the environment was it wet to dry etc, hardly scientific and hardly anything you can base anything on other than to try to bash mcdonalds

are you.....supporting McDs? :huh: sorry to break it to you but even if you dont believe the photos its kind of been proven over and over that their burgers and fries arent good for you at all. (btw you should read the article about it on yahoo, the photographer explains how she's doing it, research makes you look smarter)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

THEIR FOOD IS CRAP. IT'S NOT BASHING, THAT IS A FACT IN AND OF ITSELF.
  • jrich1
    Options

are you.....supporting McDs? :huh: sorry to break it to you but even if you dont believe the photos its kind of been proven over and over that their burgers and fries arent good for you at all. (btw you should read the article about it on yahoo, the photographer explains how she's doing it, research makes you look smarter)

I dont support or hate Mc D's they get a lot of press for doing things the way everyone else does, they just get picked on because they are at the top. I rarely eat there (this wont change any opinion or change that), but they arent the problem anyway they provide a service of fast food, if you eat there and you become fat, its not Mcdonalds fault or problem, they are just a business trying to make a buck like everyone else
    I am sorry I dont buy instantly into everything online that is posted (is the mechanically separated chicken pic coming next)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    We did this experiment in culinary school.. and instructor kept a cheeseburger on his desk for 3 months unwrapped... and no change... :sick:
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that this would be true for any fast food burgers, not just McDonald's.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Will an occasional fast food meal be bad for you? No. Should it be a regular part of anyone's diet? No. Unfortunately, McDonalds and all the other fast foods places have convinced people that they should be a regular part of everyone's diet, and that's just not healthy.

The fact is you can make everything you eat at McDonalds at home and it will be much healthier for you. I'm not discriminating against McDonalds - ALL fast food places are equally bad! Burger King, Wendys - take your pick. I would MUCH rather eat a burger at home where I can control the content of my food - keep the sodium, sugar and fat levels reasonable, among other things. After weaning myself off of fast food, I now realize that I feel much better when I eat homemade versions - the last time I ate a fast food burger, I felt sick afterwards. I don't miss the fast food at all.

Edited to add: I'm not blaming McDonalds (or other similar places). We CHOSE where we eat. It's someone's own fault if they get fat from eating out too much. However, maybe if enough people get smart and quit eating that junk, then these restaurants will start producing healthier foods. They know that what they produce is bad for us, but they're only in it for the money. Time to make our money talk.
  • jrich1
    Options

THEIR FOOD IS CRAP. IT'S NOT BASHING, THAT IS A FACT IN AND OF ITSELF.

They make their food no different than another other fast food or restaurant
  • jrich1
    Options

Will an occasional fast food meal be bad for you? No. Should it be a regular part of anyone's diet? No. Unfortunately, McDonalds and all the other fast foods places have convinced people that they should be a regular part of everyone's diet, and that's just not healthy.

The fact is you can make everything you eat at McDonalds at home and it will be much healthier for you. I'm not discriminating against McDonalds - ALL fast food places are equally bad! Burger King, Wendys - take your pick. I would MUCH rather eat a burger at home where I can control the content of my food - keep the sodium, sugar and fat levels reasonable, among other things. After weaning myself off of fast food, I now realize that I feel much better when I eat homemade versions - the last time I ate a fast food burger, I felt sick afterwards. I don't miss the fast food at all.

My burgers are 100 times better than mcdonalds, or any restaurant in fact
  • jrich1
    Options
    I'm sure that this would be true for any fast food burgers, not just McDonald's.

EXACTLY!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I saw that article on Yahoo yesterday... so gross. :sick:

I know for a fact that Taco Bell food molds.... which is pretty strange considering all of their "food" is powdered that you mix with water to make the "food".

I wonder how many other fast food places food doesn't mold or decompose. :huh:

And yea, I've found the "lost french fry" in my car before, completely hardened but not discolored. I've found a few of them from various fast food joints... really makes you wonder what they really are feeding people.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I've not read the condition the 180 day experiment was done in but there is this one, they do mold but it took 3 weeks, the chips remained unchanged but that is probably down to salt and oil, very little potato in thin fries. Do not view if you are tickly tummed, had me heaving!

I'm not bashing McDonalds, i'm not a fan but I believe each to their own...without being slated for it if that is their choice

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/06/14/why-you-should-not-eat-mcdonalds-food/
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ok since no one else will say it or admit to it I will. I LOVE MC DONALDS! I love happy meals! I love nuggets! Love their dollar menu! Love the extra large sodas that are only $.79! I also LOVE In & Out, Jack in the Box, Burger King (sometimes), Taco Bell (All the time), KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Carls Jr and of course Arbys.

I know they are bad, I know they are awful for me, I know the food is chemically enhanced to be extra yummy and I know it is cooked by a bunch of high school kids who don't really love their job. I personally don't need a study like this to show me what I already know. I think most of us already know this about Mc Donald’s and everywhere else, will this stop us from eating there? Probably not. I mean a "study" like this doesn't really come as a shock to anyone does it? If it does get out of your cave! Then again, maybe stay in your cave where there is no fast food temptations.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

maybe if enough people get smart and quit eating that junk, then these restaurants will start producing healthier foods. They know that what they produce is bad for us, but they're only in it for the money. Time to make our money talk.

There are some restaurants that are starting to offer healthier options; such as fruit and wheat buns. But they've done a lot of damage for many generations already.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

maybe if enough people get smart and quit eating that junk, then these restaurants will start producing healthier foods. They know that what they produce is bad for us, but they're only in it for the money. Time to make our money talk.

There are some restaurants that are starting to offer healthier options; such as fruit and wheat buns. But they've done a lot of damage for many generations already.

Mc Donalds offers salads. However their salads are more calories and sodium than a four piece nugget. Restaurants make things look like better options, but without a nutrition guide it can be like walking through a minefield.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

I mean this in a non-snarky way, but I think people might be posting this over and over again out of spite. LOL :laugh: