Over 40 Fitness

Options
12346»

Replies

• sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that reply. I appreciate it very much. Thats what I was doing, then it kind of all fell apart. I'm up some lbs and now feeling worse, so I have to smarten up and make time for myself.
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and hypothyroid. I'm finishing losing the weight I gained when my body went all wacky bo-bo. What works for me is:
    * Eating a lot of protein, more than my carb intake.
    * MFP is set to 1500--because that's what Body Media is set for and since they sync, it was easier to have them match. I customized my macros. I often eat 1300-1500.
    * I pack all my food and water and take it with me--meals and snacks. No excuse to eat something bad.
    * Working out hard. I love the gym and it's stress relief, so that works. And when I don't really feel it--I just have a light day. But going always makes me feel better. I lift heavy, do HIIT and yoga (and I always stretch after working out). Sometimes I do spinning.

In spite of all the icky I've been through to get here, I'm about to pass my low weight of my pre-thyroid self. And I feel like I'm getting in the best shape of my life. Hang in there, it'll happen! :)

I am 48 and also have hashimoto's hypothyroid. Feel free to friend me. I'm 5'1" and doing about 1100 cals a day and finally losing. From looking at this thread, I really should add more weight training. I walk everyday for about 4-5 miles (about 4 mph). I only have 5 lb weights but should up to at least 10 lb.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    In for the excellent ideas on this thread. Bumping for more to come!