Jillian Michaels-No More Trouble Zones

Options
Hi, just had a question about this DVD. I am new to strength training, and after research I hear this dvd is pretty good. I wanted to know if I am supposed to do all the circuits the same day or and I supposed to do one a day? I plan on doing this dvd atleast 2-3 days a week along with going to the gym (cardio, classes). How do you all incorporate this dvd into your workout?

Replies

• DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this one is like other of her DVD's I have 30 day shred and ripped in 30.
    They work in levels. You do level 1 for ten days, then level 2 for 10 days etc. She suggest one to two days of rest.
    So basically this would come to 2 weeks at each level.
    I do every other day. Which takes me longer to complete a level and a video, but that is what works for me.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use this DVD and find it good for high rep/low weight strength training.

The DVD is not set up like 30DS or RI30 with increasing levels. It's just seven circuits, plus a warm-up and cool down. Personally, I think doing one circuit a day isn't going to make much of a difference for you. It'll be less than 10 minutes and you'll only be working a couple of muscle groups. At the same time, I would be very surprised if you can start out doing all seven circuits, especially if you're relatively new to exercise. I would go the happy medium route and maybe pick 2-4 circuits out of the seven to do, which will give you about a 20-25 minute session and allow you to switch between several different muscle groups. After you've done all the circuits a few times, you can probably try doing the whole DVD. It's very customizable based on your goals and fitness level.

Best of luck to you!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think NMTZ is an excellent dvd. I try to fit it in once or twice per week. It is not a do everyday dvd like Jillians Shred or Ripped. It is 45-50 minutes long and exclusively focused on low weight/high rep weight training exercises. I still consider myself somewhat new to weight training since I haven't graduated to lifting heavy. Maybe I will someday but not today. I'm still very happy with the results that I am getting from this type of weight training. I started doing NMTZ about 6 months ago. Before that I was only doing 30 Day Shred, which also has some weight training exercises and I very happy with result from doing it also.

Right now, here is what my workout week ideally looks like(and yes, I love Jillian, for about $60 worth of DVD's she has changed my life):
    Monday-NMTZ
    Tuesday-30 Day Shred(or any of Jillians 30 minute circuit DVDs)
    Wednesday -Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Thursday -NMTZ
    Friday - 30 Day Shred(or any of Jillians 30 minute circuit DVDs)
    Saturday - Leisurely hike or Jillians Kickbox Fast Fix or sometimes not a damn thing
    Sunday- Rest, always. I will not give up my lazy Sundays!

In reality things don't always end up like that. Some days I substitute a walk during my lunch hour for a Shred Day and sometimes I don't have time to do NMTZ twice so I only end up doing it once and sub in a shorter video on the other day. I think your plan to do NMTZ 2-3 times per week plus cardio and gym classes will work great for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi, just had a question about this DVD. I am new to strength training, and after research I hear this dvd is pretty good. I wanted to know if I am supposed to do all the circuits the same day or and I supposed to do one a day? I plan on doing this dvd atleast 2-3 days a week along with going to the gym (cardio, classes). How do you all incorporate this dvd into your workout?

This one is just straight strength training....not cardio/strength of so many of her other DVDs.

When I did it, I just did the whole video.....and alternated with straight cardio workout days. Alternating would depend upon your level & what you have tome for.

This site is great to figure out what DVD is what......
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/NO-MORE-TROUBLE-ZONES-p/854.htm
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You guys have helped alot!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD too! It is a great workout. I like to have different pound weights by me depending on what exercise she is doing. As you do the video you will get to know how much you can use for the different exercises. Sometimes I use my 3's, but other times I will use my 5's or 8's.

Good luck and have fun!! :smile: