Gym Membership fees

Options
2»

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I pay $25/month for classes, pool, and access to all LA Fitness gyms in California, which I think is a pretty great deal. Anywhere from 25-40 is reasonable to me.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! I went to check the place out after work today. It is $35 per month but I was not impressed. It has very outdated equipment. There are some free weights and some weight machines. The treadmills were very old and the ellipticals looked like the $150 ones from Walmart, Right now the only class they offer is Zumba 3-4 times a week. I was kind of hoping that they would have a trainer on staff, but right now they do not. Maybe when they hire a trainer, someone I can consult with about my goals, I will reconsider. I have a hand-me down treadmill that is in better condition than the ones they have, so for now, I will continue to use that, and look up some of workouts you all mentioned! Thanks for the input!!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Crikey, gym memberships are cheaper in the US!

I pay £15 (around $25) a month, for a very small gym which is attached to a college and has student instructors and I get a discounted rate because I work for the NHS. Membership at the council run leisure centre is £30 (but that does have a pool) and the private gyms £40-£65.

Not very helpful for your question though, sorry!
  • dariazeoli
    dariazeoli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I joined Blink, which is a NYC/NJ gym I believe. Fifteen bucks a month (twenty-five will get you access to all their gyms plus a friend every time you come), $38 annual fee, and no contract (which was a plus for me). They have LifeFitness equipment - plenty of cardio and weight machines, plus free weights. There are personal trainers available as well as boot camp for an additional fee.

This totally fits my needs. They're open 365 days a year, too.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Blimey gyms are SO cheap in the US!
    I pay £79 a month ($135) for my private fitness club which has brilliant facilities, classes, swimming pool, healthy restaurant, etc.
    It is expensive nut it is worth it. You get what you pay for here in the UK.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mine is $70/month
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    The gym I go to is free and they have a ton of amenities like free magazines to read and it's very quiet with no talking allowed but not a lot of equipment. They got computers you can use too and if you want you can take the books/magazines home with you for a couple weeks
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My SO and I pay $50 per month for the both of us. This includes swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, weight room, machines and most classes. It doesn't include the basketball or racquetball courts.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My membership is $29.99 (1 year contract)
    I get:
    1. Free day care for kids
    2. Pool, Steam room, and Sauna
    3. Water aerobics class
    4. Zumba class.
    5. 2 free guest per day until 7pm (no limit on weekdays)
    6. 3 trainer sessions for starting the contract.
    7. Basket ball court
    8. Access to all locations across the country. No additional charge.