Our anniversary!

Options

Replies

• grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awww! I love your fitspiration pic! You guys both look great!
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words. I am so much happier with where we are in our life. Since I have gotten on board it has made our life so much easier.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That quote on your last picture brought tears to my eyes. You guys look amazing! You're lucky to have one another =)

Thank you.

And really, regarding the quote. All I could write to sum up this:

i had hit rock bottom emotionally. I was so unhappy with myself and I knew that I really had to lose weight. Like so many of us, I had tried so many times before. I decided to have a heart to heart with my DH and I cried (and cried and cried) telling him how unhappy I was and I told him that I needed to lose weight and that I knew I couldn't do it alone. that I needed help. He looked me in the eyes and said he would do it with me, that we would do this together. I know he wasn't wild about going on a "diet" but he said "yes" for ME.
    I then I was also so scared of failing and I said "What if I can't do it?" And he said "then we'll just keep trying"

He thanks me all the time, for "getting us started" but really, it was that moment that changed MY life.

I LOVE YOU
  • Catfriend25
    Catfriend25 Posts: 95
    Options
    It is also almost my 1 year anniversary of owning my dog.

Are You sure You posted the right picture? You look the same in all Your photos.
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thank you for sharing! I couldn't see the pix but could definitely see the love you feel for your hubby. Congratulations on the weightloss AND a happy anniversary!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Great story! You both look wonderful... happy and healthy!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this story . I love couples that lose together. What great support. And I agree with the previosu posters- you deserve to wear your bikini with pride
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Are You sure You posted the right picture? You look the same in all Your photos.

Um. Ok.

Even I my worst day, I look nothing like I did 100 pounds heavier, but thanks.

Not sure what your problem is, but you didn't have to respond to my post if you didn't like it!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

NobodyLikesYouGollum.gif

Or your clothes, that's why your neighbor didn't steal them.

PS Op, you look awesome, such a cool story.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    OMG you're in a bikini!!! I want to jump up and down and clap for you. What an inspirational story and your quote on your last picture brought tears to my eyes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Nope, not our MFP anniversary (though we are coming up on 3 years!), but our wedding anniversary!

DH and I joined MFP in June 2011, and have lost almost 200 pounds combined. We just got back from an amazing trip celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary, and had some pics taken while we were there. 50 pounds lighter than I was on my wedding day, I felt more beautiful than I did the day we got married.

zwg9pw.jpg

Since starting MFP I'm Down 100 from my heighest, and DH down 80

34zdfsx.jpg

(Yes I have no buisness wearing a bikini top, but I didn't know anyone and felt like a million bucks! ????)

And one more (re posted from MFP fitspiration thread) because it love this man with my whole heart. My best friend, my inspiration, who always believes in me even when I don't believe in myself.

2s7w6rt.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Good luck to you all, it's not easy but it's so worth it!

Teresa
    A very inspirational picture and a great story showing that couples can do it TOGETHER! Congrats!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who had such kind words. My wife and this website have truly changed my life for the better. I encourage people to not stress over the small bumps in the road and look at the journey as a whole. It is just a thought process that you have to get used to. There will be days that you will feel like giving up but don't. Just reset and go on. I try to think of it as a lifestyle and not a diet.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sooo beautiful! You both weather the storm, amazing love story at its best.
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love your story its so sweet!!! So happy for you two!
  • amartin5885
    amartin5885 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just teared up! What a great story!
  • LisaRep88
    LisaRep88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love your caption! What a wonderful team you both make. Cheers to your past and future!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both!!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Awww! This is sweet! Congratulations!
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! You both look great! Happy Anniversary.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Please keep rocking that bikini!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!