Paleo Bread

DO NOT BE CRITICAL IF YOU DO NOT READ EVERYTHING. Reiteration is annoying as heck.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums. For my diet, I usually eat cereal or waffles in the morning and then do a paleo like diet the rest of the day for eating (with two cheat meals a week).

But I wanted to try going full paleo so I bought some Paleo bread from Julian Bakery online to replace my waffles and cereal.

Has anyone tried this? Is it good? Thoughts?

Thank you!
-Dylan

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'd never heard of it til now. Hope it's good! Please let me know.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    http://www.goop.com/recipes/breakfast/paleo-bread

I make this at home and it's pretty easy. I haven't made it in a while since I make a bunch then freeze it.
    I usually do one less egg and add a little bit of coconut milk until it came together in the food processor.

I'm not sure if Julian Bakery is the one with the coconut wraps but ugh...don't waste money on those.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Paleo bread isn't that an oxymoron?
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member

It has to be up there with vegetarian bacon :laugh:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member

It has to be up there with vegetarian bacon :laugh:

...and turkey bacon... Bacon's only acceptable form is pork.
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72

Yeah, you'd think- but if you look at the ingredients, it's all Paleo friendly. Sooo. :happy:
  • Dylllie
    http://www.goop.com/recipes/breakfast/paleo-bread

I make this at home and it's pretty easy. I haven't made it in a while since I make a bunch then freeze it.
    I usually do one less egg and add a little bit of coconut milk until it came together in the food processor.

I'm not sure if Julian Bakery is the one with the coconut wraps but ugh...don't waste money on those.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try that because with shipping, the bread was pretty expensive.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    So call it something else.

If she likes it, and it fits her goals, who cares?
  • Dylllie

Thank you very much! :bigsmile:
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    I used to make low-carb pizza by making the crust from cream cheese, eggs, and parmesan. It's pretty realistic!
  • Dylllie
    I used to make low-carb pizza by making the crust from cream cheese, eggs, and parmesan. It's pretty realistic!

Mmm, I'll have to try that for cheat day. You can't have cheese on paleo, though ):
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member

Well actually a lot of people do. Labels mean a lot. If you promote something as Paleo it goes along with the flawed concept of Paleo. You tell everyone it's the caveman diet then you back peddle just so you can include certain other things within the diet. (which what the Paleo industry and supporters have started to do)

Paleo bread is just another example of why the Paleo concept is so flawed. Eat what you want I have no problem with that but please stop trying to pretend it's something it's not
  • Dylllie

Well actually a lot of people do. Labels mean a lot. If you promote something as Paleo it goes along with the flawed concept of Paleo. You tell everyone it's the caveman diet then you back peddle just so you can include certain other things within the diet. (which what the Paleo industry and supporters have started to do)

Paleo bread is just another example of why the Paleo concept is so flawed. Eat what you want I have no problem with that but please stop trying to pretend it's something it's not

But if it's made from all things that are paleo (almonds, coconut, etc) how is it not paleo?
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89

Mmm, I'll have to try that for cheat day. You can't have cheese on paleo, though ):
    Dang. I thought it was just a variety of low-carb, sorry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Dylllie
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks for the reiteration. I've all ready addressed this, though.

How is it not paleo if it is made only from things allowed by paleo (almond, coconut, etc)?

If you can't answer that, then I don't need your criticism !
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

But if it's made from all things that are paleo (almonds, coconut, etc) how is it not paleo?

Do you have to bake it? I just think it's funny it's called Paleo bread when bread itself is not allowed on Paleo. You'll eat bread, but you won't eat a pizza crust made of cheese because it's not allowed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Why would you (or anyone) make rules for your life that you intend on breaking? What is the point?
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    I love my microwave paleo bread!

http://ancestralchef.com/microwave-paleo-bread

ETA: Yes, I realize the combination of the words microwave, paleo, and bread sounds stupid, but I enjoy it.
  • Dylllie

Do you have to bake it? I just think it's funny it's called Paleo bread when bread itself is not allowed on Paleo. You'll eat bread, but you won't eat a pizza crust made of cheese because it's not allowed.

What's allowed is an easier thing for me to answer, which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, meats, etc

The bread comes from everything that is allowed. So hm.
This discussion has been closed.