Paleo Bread

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Honestly- I only wanted to know if the dang bread was good.

Thought MFP was suppose to be a community of uplifting, encouraging people.
    Well truth is part of that too. We're not here to be pacifiers to those who need it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    you guys, she doesn't want to hear anything that she doesn't agree with.

must be new to teh interwebz

btw, i love how you only eat paleo after breakfast....roflzomglololol!!!!!11!1!!11one!!!eleven!!!

Actually, I only wanted comments on the taste. Which no one has even really mentioned. Funny how everyone just wanted to criticize, though.
    So why then mention anything about Paleo? Why not just ask if the bread you bought tastes good?:huh:

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    coming from a culture that uses.coconut, coconut.flour.is.not used there and not even traditional. it.is a.western invention, not even paleo. how can it be paleo when almond or.coconut flour are RECENT inventions? rice flour.is.even older than.those.since.it has a long history in asian pastries

because it is easier.to blame health issues.on grains rather or food rather than.their.own behavior.towards food.u

btw, i love how you only eat paleo after breakfast....roflzomglololol!!!!!11!1!!11one!!!eleven!!!

Actually, I only wanted comments on the taste. Which no one has even really mentioned. Funny how everyone just wanted to criticize, though.
    So why then mention anything about Paleo? Why not just ask if the bread you bought tastes good?:huh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Well truth is part of that too. We're not here to be pacifiers to those who need it.

IDEA Fitness member
    Boy this place never ceases to amaze me.
  • stefaniem76
    stefaniem76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a Paleo Diet, but I did try the bread, and if it helps, save your money. I suppose if you aren't eating any bread and are craving it, it will suffice as a poor substitution, but it is extremely heavy, very mealy, and almost hard to swallow. But, just like everyone's diets, everyone's tastes are different. So since you already ordered it, I hope you like it :)
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Hmm not sure about Paleo bread. I have had the sprouted grain bread {Ezekiel} but im sure that’s not Paleo… The cinnamon raisin kind is delicious!

Between this Paleo thread and the clean eating thread I feel like I am supposed to eat a couple of slices of pizza or a cheeseburger for dinner tonight and if I don’t then im the ‘devil’ lol.
  • Kaylyn221
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Lol why does it matter if she used the word 'Paleo'?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BE CRITICAL IF YOU DO NOT READ EVERYTHING. Reiteration is annoying as heck.

DO NOT START A FORUM POST IF YOU ARE ANNOYED BY OPINIONS THAT DIFFER FROM YOURS.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Paleo bread isn't that an oxymoron?

It has to be up there with vegetarian bacon :laugh:

Can you believe there is actually vegetarian "bacon"? :noway: :laugh:
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of criticisms of the "paleo diet," but its undeniable benefit is that it gets people to eat less processed/pre-packaged junk food and that is always a win. So I feel like buying "paleo friendly" packaged foods defeats the most healthful aspect of being paleo.

You can try making banana pancakes for breakfast instead. All it takes is two eggs and one ripe banana. Mash them together into a batter and fry them in coconut oil.
  • holothuroidea
    Options
    Paleo bread isn't that an oxymoron?

It has to be up there with vegetarian bacon :laugh:

Can you believe there is actually vegetarian "bacon"? :noway: :laugh:

It makes perfect sense. Ethical vegans/vegetarians who perviously liked bacon still crave the taste of bacon.

98% of people who are veg didn't choose it because they like the taste of tofu and hate the taste of cheeseburgers, they choose it because their morals have more sway than their tastebuds.

That having been said, veg bacon is super gross.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

It's the internet sweetie. Yes there's lots of good ppl on MFP, but being the internet you'll get lots of trolls and plan old d!cks. I've seen quite a few know-it-alls thinking that their opinion is the only correct opinion and anything you say in opposition is dead-wrong and perhaps even a personal attack. Gawd forbid you should have a different idea than they have :yawn:
    Plus ppl having a bad day :tongue: Edit: Gawd knows I can be (unknowingly) a d!ck when I'm having a really bad day.
    Ignore these ppl, or even block them completely. It won't help your weight challenge being exposed to negativity.

Edit2:
    You can try making banana pancakes for breakfast instead. All it takes is two eggs and one ripe banana. Mash them together into a batter and fry them in coconut oil.
    omg the best pancake ever!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lol...surprised it took this long for someone to mention those gross banana omelettes....face it, they're not pancakes.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

We have a lot of keto/paleo/lowcarb haters on here who will berate those of us who eat this way. Don't sweat it.
  • holothuroidea
    Options
    lol...surprised it took this long for someone to mention those gross banana omelettes....face it, they're not pancakes.

I'll cede that they're not really pancakes, they have more of the consistency of a crepe. If you add baking soda to them they get a little fluffier, though.

I don't think they're gross, they're actually one of my favorite things. I like them with honey and berries or yogurt.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    the biggest problem with Paleo is that it labels itself as Paleo, but it is far from Paleolothic.

Most "Paleo" eaters of today are not hunters and gatherers and they live in man-made houses, use stoves and oven, internet, cellphones, not caves and they drive cars -- things that our "Paleo ancestors" did not do.

It is not "Paleolithic lifestyle". It merely is ANTI-GRAIN and low carb diet. So get real. As much as I'm not into the vegan diet, at least they are more upfront with naming their diet. Call it what it is.

Which is why if you want to label your diet, better to base it off from the cultural cuisine it has evolved from.
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    DO NOT BE CRITICAL IF YOU DO NOT READ EVERYTHING. Reiteration is annoying as heck.

DO NOT START A FORUM POST IF YOU ARE ANNOYED BY OPINIONS THAT DIFFER FROM YOURS.

Didn't ask for your opinions on anything but the taste sweetie. Which you strangely didn't comment on, hm.
  • Kaylyn221
    Options

Didn't ask for your opinions on anything but the taste sweetie. Which you strangely didn't comment on, hm.

+1
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    the biggest problem with Paleo is that it labels itself as Paleo, but it is far from Paleolothic.

Most "Paleo" eaters of today are not hunters and gatherers and they live in man-made houses, use stoves and oven, internet, cellphones, not caves and they drive cars -- things that our "Paleo ancestors" did not do.

It is not "Paleolithic lifestyle". It merely is ANTI-GRAIN and low carb diet. So get real. As much as I'm not into the vegan diet, at least they are more upfront with naming their diet. Call it what it is.

Which is why if you want to label your diet, better to base it off from the cultural cuisine it has evolved from.

Don't forget anti-legume. The lines are so blurry between what is Paleo and what isn't. At least if someone says they're vegan, I know exactly what they eat and don't eat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Lol why does it matter if she used the word 'Paleo'?
    As mentioned, Paleo doesn't include bread. If the intention was to ask about taste, then OP should have just asked "Does this bread taste good?" Certainly just that question by itself would have reduced this to only a page or 2 long.

IDEA Fitness member
This discussion has been closed.