I do good until...

Options
13»

Replies

• belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do good until... I plan to have a free for all weekend. Yes, I plan my cheat day and I shop according to what I want to eat. And I spend hours in the kitchen cooking. And it's not only a day, but the whole weekend so a lot of meals to plan and eat.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do good until the weekend then just have a bloewout where I consume 3000+ cals
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do good until Thuirsday and its nearly the weekend, then I start thinking about a nice cool beer; which isnt the problem, but once I've had a drink all of a sudden I need, NEED food.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I do well until I I have a stressful conversation at work or home and want to appease the hurt with food.

I do well until my husband and kids pull at the snacks during a movie at home. I've resisted all day and my self-control is gone by then.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do good until it's visit time and I don't have the recipes for whatever the heck is on the table..
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I do good until...the weekend or when I get stressed (even happy stress).

I do good with exercise until...TOM.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I do well except when I have an intense workout planned and I build my food plan to fuel the workout... and then after following the food plan precisely, I have to bail on the workout for some reason. That's the worst feeling. :grumble:
    My other downfall is discovering a tasty new snack item... I'll want it in large quantities every day for a few weeks... That really adds up. :embarassed:
    ETA: Dinner roulette at mom's is usually tricky too. We go once a week. I don't know what's on the menu until I'm there... Delicious and healthy and very much appreciated, but hard to plan for... And she always makes dessert and, you know, it's rude not to partake. I just try to go with a big deficit banked and take my chances. :bigsmile:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I DO GOOD UNTIL I SMELL FOOD!

Isnt that like saying 'I stay faithful to my wife until I see a woman'?

That's not very good then is it?
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I do good until I feel an uncomfortable emotion (ie. insecurity, jealously, inadequacy). My first response is food my second thought is dealing with it and working through it. I'm trying to change the order here lately :)
  • Rain203
    Rain203 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do well until... My BF suggests we go for all you can eat sushi which ultimately ends up as an epic fail LOL.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals! I thought it would be uplifting to know we aren't all in it alone when we have those "off moments" or slip up or that thing that we feel only we can't say no too etc.

So maybe we can all show some support and let that skeleton out of the closet and weight off our shoulders knowing we all have that thing?

I'll go first...

I DO GOOD UNTIL I SMELL FOOD! Example: I was driving to work this morning and on the freeway...no pizza place around...I smell pizza...seriously? Or at about noon when people go to lunch (i go around 1) I can smell all their deliciousness coming out of the AC vents and spilling on top of my desk...of course everyone else around doesn't smell it like I do (I must have a super sniffer) but it gets my tummy to growling and all of a sudden I am hungry!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does this! I smell different foods all the time, and the craving sets in :(
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    ...until the weekend. All of a sudden it's time to party, since I was "good all week", ugh!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ....until the scale doesn't drop like I think it should. Then I get discouraged and don't follow through on my diet plans.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    We go out of town...I start of good and then the lack of healthy options always breaks me. (In laws house especially) Also, I am horrible about food waste. I do GREAT at restaurants with my nice little skinny order of chicken breast and side salad and see my husband leave a few fries of something on his plate, you bet your butt, I will reach over and eat those fries before we leave.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I do really well until something throws me off plan. Sometimes it's a missed workout, sometimes it's a lack of planning that sends me over my calorie goal, sometimes it's just a crappy day for reasons that might be totally unrelated to diet where I lose motivation temporarily, sometimes it's a party or occasion where I go into it knowing I'm going eat a ton. Most people could just pick things up and move on and get back on track, but I have a VERY "all-or-nothing" sort of personality, and if one thing sets me off it's VERY easy for me to go "well, screw it, no point in tracking for the rest of the day/week/month/until whatever next occasion is coming up/whatever." I'm working on it, and I'm improving - the moments still happen, but I'm getting a lot better a re-focusing a lot more quickly and taking things day by day instead of thinking "well, this week is shot, I'll start again next week." It's a work in progress, for sure, but that's the point, right?
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do really well until something throws me off plan. Sometimes it's a missed workout, sometimes it's a lack of planning that sends me over my calorie goal, sometimes it's just a crappy day for reasons that might be totally unrelated to diet where I lose motivation temporarily, sometimes it's a party or occasion where I go into it knowing I'm going eat a ton. Most people could just pick things up and move on and get back on track, but I have a VERY "all-or-nothing" sort of personality, and if one thing sets me off it's VERY easy for me to go "well, screw it, no point in tracking for the rest of the day/week/month/until whatever next occasion is coming up/whatever." I'm working on it, and I'm improving - the moments still happen, but I'm getting a lot better a re-focusing a lot more quickly and taking things day by day instead of thinking "well, this week is shot, I'll start again next week." It's a work in progress, for sure, but that's the point, right?

Same here! I'm also an "all-or-nothing" person, so when I do eat something that I really shouldn't, I just think ".. well I already messed up, I might as well just get a bag of chips too, whatever." (Which is FAR from whatever, but I just can't stop myself.)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I do good until...
    - I am at my calorie limit and it is only 8pm. I'm screwed. Must find time to exercise, or I WILL BE OVER. This girl does not go hungry.

- I fall asleep putting my kids to bed. If I actually doze off, it is SOOO hard to find the energy to push out a workout. :(

- life starts to overwhelm... if the kids are in a foul mood, and work is tough, and the home is a mess, and I have ALL TEH CHORES to do... my ability to get in a workout is severely hampered.

BUT!

I get better when...
    - I see my *kitten* kicking friends consistently kicking *kitten*
    - I look at where I was and where I am
    - I remember that this is not a daily make it or break it thing... I may have failed in some way today, but I have many many tomorrows to make up for it.
    - I remember the reason why I do this... My health, my kids, my family, my love.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I do good until TOM, I don't plan and accidentally eat more than I realize, or my boyfriend who has a sweet tooth brings home treats for himself. If I see his treats, I usually tackle him for a taste and end up eating more than him. I have so many triggers. Working on it!