Baby Name Combinations

Options
13»

Replies

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I love Greyson (the only way to spell it).

IMO, cutesy spelling of names, like Jayde or Ashtyn, get old real quick.

Personally I like John Connor or Alice.

Janus Alice or Alice Janus ?
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like Greyson Parker and Noah Parker

Noah Rylan

Declan is another favorite (pronounced Deck-len)
    My son's name is Declan (pronounced Deck-len) Strummer...
    He's the love of my heart!:heart:
    I know my girl names I love are:
    Sheena Paige
    Tegan Ramona
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    my daughter's name is Ayslin Marie.......Ayslin is the Americanized version of the Gaelic "Ashleen".....an Irish name, meaning "dream" or "vision".....I think what names mean is important too.....her name can be spelled many different ways:

Aislyn
    Aislin
    Aislinn
    Ayslyn
    Ayslinn
    ...you get the picture.....the most common seems to be Aislin(n)......but my ex and I wanted to spell it differently than the usual so that is why we chose the version we did....:)
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you really want a unique name that no one else has, go for traditional names. My son David is the ONLY one I've heard in his age group. I am in a mothers of multiples club with 250 members (each has 2+ kids, obviously :-)) and they are in daycare and he is the ONLY David I've heard of. I've only come across one other Brian as well. Lots of Ryans, but no Brian.

Try John, Peter, Gregory, Douglas, Kevin, Keith, Mark, Matthew. All great boys names and now they will be unique AND with the benefit that no one will ask how to spell it.

For girls, try Mary, Susan, Sarah, and Elizabeth. Ditto.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    If you really want a unique name that no one else has, go for traditional names. My son David is the ONLY one I've heard in his age group. I am in a mothers of multiples club with 250 members (each has 2+ kids, obviously :-)) and they are in daycare and he is the ONLY David I've heard of. I've only come across one other Brian as well. Lots of Ryans, but no Brian.

Try John, Peter, Gregory, Douglas, Kevin, Keith, Mark. All great boys names and now they will be unique AND with the benefit that no one will ask how to spell it.

For girls, Mary, Susan, and Elizabeth. Ditto.

I'm not necessarily on a search for a unique name. I think maybe one of the names I mentioned is unique. They're all pretty popular/trendy names right now, so a lot of people will have them, and that's just fine. I'm definitely not a fan of names like Mary, Susan, or Peter because they're a little boring. I don't like crazy off the wall baby names, but no names that make my think of my grandmother's friends. "Hey, meet my sons - George and Ralph." Nope, can't do it.

My husband also has a big family. I wouldn't name any child the same exact name as someone we see quite often.

Girl names already in the family: Lila, Grace, Abigail, Caydence, Kayla, Christina (2), Ashley, Tiffany, Alexandra, Kristin, Jennifer, Jessica, Elizabeth, Anne, Krystal, Allison, Rebecca
    Boy names already in the family: Kevin (3), Brandon, Brian (2), Keith, Timothy, Shannon, Michael (3), Sabastian, Kholten, Anthony, John, Braxton, Jordan, Hunter, Travis, Joshua, Craig, Raymond, Douglas [last name], Shane

I like plenty of those names, but I'm not going to use them. I definitely wouldn't want any of them to think I'm naming my kid after them, because that's far from the case. There's also off-limits names just because of my association with them: Jesse, Chelsea, Cheri/Sherry/Sheri, Bradley, Eric, and a few others.

Like I said, I'm not pregnant and, when I become pregnant, I won't be asking for advice that I plan to actually use from strangers on the Internet, but I thought I'd respond anyway. I didn't think anyone would get the impression I was looking for something "unique" when I'm suggesting a lot of baby names currently being overused. Nothing unique about being one of three Mackenzie's in your class.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Boys:
    Cody Dylan
    Shane Travis
    Jarred Nathaniel

Girls:
    Trinity Rose
    Aalyiah Sky
    Dejanna Monet (pronounced - Day'zahna)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Imagine your child as an adult with a career. Most of the names are really cutesy but would be ridiculous for an adult. They aren't babies forever.

I love when people say this. First, when you're an adult with a career, people rarely know your middle name, let alone actually use it. I've known adults with every single name I listed (as their first name) and they seem to be doing just fine. No strippers yet!

My name is Lyndsey Brooke - pretty cutesy, but I'm just Lyndsey at work. Mackenzie, Bailey, and Ashtyn are perfectly normal names to have, and pretty common these days, so plenty of adults will have that name in about 10-15 years as well. I actually went to school with three Mackenzies. It's not as if I'm suggesting Blanket or Thor.

I actually really like the name Thor. Seriously!

I like your name, but I am curious if you have had issues over the years with people assuming it's Lindsay or Lindsey. My friend Staci gets Stacey or Stacy on everything and it makes her crazy.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Imagine your child as an adult with a career. Most of the names are really cutesy but would be ridiculous for an adult. They aren't babies forever.

I love when people say this. First, when you're an adult with a career, people rarely know your middle name, let alone actually use it. I've known adults with every single name I listed (as their first name) and they seem to be doing just fine. No strippers yet!

My name is Lyndsey Brooke - pretty cutesy, but I'm just Lyndsey at work. Mackenzie, Bailey, and Ashtyn are perfectly normal names to have, and pretty common these days, so plenty of adults will have that name in about 10-15 years as well. I actually went to school with three Mackenzies. It's not as if I'm suggesting Blanket or Thor.

I actually really like the name Thor. Seriously!

I like your name, but I am curious if you have had issues over the years with people assuming it's Lindsay or Lindsey. My friend Staci gets Stacey or Stacy on everything and it makes her crazy.

Definitely. Pretty much no one has spells my name correctly on their own. It doesn't really bother me, though. I'm so used to saying, "It's Lyndsey, L-y-n..." it's just habit at this point. I get a lot of, "Oh, that's different!" and "I love that!" I'm actually glad my mom didn't' spell it Lindsey or Lindsay - how boring. :)

What's annoying is when people call me Wendy. It happened pretty much every day when I worked at a bank, usually over the phone. It was particularly annoying because we had a personal banker named Wendy and people would assume I was her and start telling me all of their banking problems.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I like Greyson Parker and Noah Parker

Noah Rylan

Declan is another favorite (pronounced Deck-len)
    My son's name is Declan (pronounced Deck-len) Strummer...
    He's the love of my heart!:heart:
    I know my girl names I love are:
    Sheena Paige
    Tegan Ramona

I love the names Declan, Paige, and Ramona! So much!

My best friend's son is named Declan Alexander. His name was originally going to be Colin, but already people were saying "like Colin Powell?" and my friend didn't want her son's name mispronounced as colon.

Not Sheena because I come from the 80's (Sheena Easton being my only reference for the name). Tegan makes me think of Tegan & Sara but nothin' wrong with that!
  • seltzermint555
    Options

Try John, Peter, Gregory, Douglas, Kevin, Keith, Mark, Matthew. All great boys names and now they will be unique AND with the benefit that no one will ask how to spell it.

I like those names and that style of naming in general, but I must say that I know a MINIMUM of three little girls named Mary and Sarah all under the age of six and at least five in elementary school age named Elizabeth (although they go by various nicknames like Libby & Ellie).
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I've actually found this to be true with my boys. I gave them all "normal", old school names, and so far, there haven't been any issues with name confusion in their classes or anywhere else. I did get slightly creative with my little girl,but I wanted a piece of mine and my mother's name in there. I don't think Madalynn Joelle is too bad. ????
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I personally like the name Reagan for a girl and Claire. My favorites right now for girls are, Elaine or Elaina, Lydia and Reagan. My all time favorite is the one I gave to my daughter. Her first and middle name is Gianna Rose, Gianna means God's grace and is Italian in origin (her father is Italian among other things) and Rose came from my name. My husband and I have thought of boy names just in case our next one is a boy and we like Liam Ryder or Tristan
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    Zomg, trendy southern names...
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I cringe at all these made up names that are so trendy right now. Why does every name have to have an X, Y, and/or Z in it?

I guess it helps my cause though because I do want my children to have somewhat unique names, and won't be naming them Braxton, Bransyn, Xander, Madyn, Gavyn, Jaxon, or Ashtyn.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have 3 id 2 girls and 1 boy and I like their names:

Julia Rose
    Autumn Johanna
    Jacob Scott

Don't really hear their names that much which is good.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the Y, X, Z names either. I like a different style of names, stuff that is more on the classy side.

For girls I have:

Olivia Leigh
    Sophia Grace
    Victoria Rose
    Eleanore Ruth
    Charlotte Lily
    Imogen Faith

Boys Names:

Elijah Alexander
    Benjamin Henry
    Ezra Jackson
    Luke William
    Theodore James
    Samuel Remington

I know my names seem boring but the girl names I chose because of who they reference and their beautiful feminine yet strong implications. The mens names I chose because they are strong solid names that seem to have an air of sensitivity or intellectualism. I don't know if that makes sense.

All in all I like your Boy names but just not a fan of your girl names aside form Sophia and Claire
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    My name is a combination name. But you usually cant tell what name is what. Its D'Jhonna. It is a combination of Donna and John, my parents names. Guess who won out with the dominant name. LOL