I buy mine on Amazon :)

OOH Good idea! Thanks!
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    way to totally destroy mac and cheese..

tofu and kraft really..?????
    45_zps183cd0a7.gif

Wow, D**k move. You really aren't a nice person. She was giving advice on what some people can use as a substitute to mac and cheese. Your disrespect is completely unwarranted.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

45_zps183cd0a7.gif

Wow, D**k move. You really aren't a nice person. She was giving advice on what some people can use as a substitute to mac and cheese. Your disrespect is completely unwarranted.

Lol, almost like the disrespect shown to the comfort food classic that is mac and cheese by the recipe from the OP?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

45_zps183cd0a7.gif

Lol, almost like the disrespect shown to the comfort food classic that is mac and cheese by the recipe from the OP?

Really no contest. The OP has done the greater harm in this case. By far.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

45_zps183cd0a7.gif

Some things you just don't do... this is like the non alcoholic beer of the mac and cheese world. Maybe this would fly in Canada, but not in MY America the Beautiful.
  • sjohnny
    Options

45_zps183cd0a7.gif

Some things you just don't do... this is like the non alcoholic beer of the mac and cheese world. Maybe this would fly in Canada, but not in MY America the Beautiful.

Seriously. I mean, it was invented by Thomas Jefferson after all

17008.gif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    75 cal isn't enough. I need 600-800 calories in each meal! I'll take the entire KD box, thanks!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I guess I keep running into this. If you don't like it then, move on. Why so disrespectful. Why do you have to be such a smart *kitten*?? She put something on here that she thought was helpful. I get that, but come on why????
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I guess I keep running into this. If you don't like it then, move on. Why so disrespectful. Why do you have to be such a smart *kitten*?? She put something on here that she thought was helpful. I get that, but come on why????

Please identify who the "you" is in your post.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I've been that person who adds one egg to a mashed banana, bakes it and calls it a 'muffin' . It.was.not.a.muffin. The same as noodles with kraft is not 'mac and cheese'. Making food into misery is not fun. Just eat decent food in moderation. And dont tell people the cauliflower pizza is as good as real pizza. Lies.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Ill often rock the Shiritaki noodles. I had a tough time getting over the smell of package at first, but after the first time it was all good.
    I find they hold up a bit better in asian style dishes, but I have successfully done a decent baked ziti with it...

http://italian.food.com/recipe/baked-ziti-w-tofu-shirataki-297437

And before the posse rides on me - I DO eat the foods I love in moderation. But sometimes I like a giant portion as well - and the shiritaki helps with that.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've been that person who adds one egg to a mashed banana, bakes it and calls it a 'muffin' . It.was.not.a.muffin. The same as noodles with kraft is not 'mac and cheese'. Making food into misery is not fun. Just eat decent food in moderation. And dont tell people the cauliflower pizza is as good as real pizza. Lies.

:flowerforyou:
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Here a lower cal mac n cheese that's actually good

http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/silky-smooth-macaroni-and-cheese/

Thank you for the link.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

what problem are you solving?

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination

i just looked it up and that is what the box says….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Ill often rock the Shiritaki noodles. I had a tough time getting over the smell of package at first, but after the first time it was all good.
    I find they hold up a bit better in asian style dishes, but I have successfully done a decent baked ziti with it...

http://italian.food.com/recipe/baked-ziti-w-tofu-shirataki-297437

And before the posse rides on me - I DO eat the foods I love in moderation. But sometimes I like a giant portion as well - and the shiritaki helps with that.

as an italian, I will say that baked zitti with shirataki noodles is an abomination ….sorry, it just is...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination

Are you sure that that's *as prepared* and not just the pasta and cheese powder?
  • ndj1979
    Options

Are you sure that that's *as prepared* and not just the pasta and cheese powder?

IDK - I was just curious so looked it up real quick because I did not think that OP's concoction was that less in calories..honestly, I have not made mac and cheese in a long time ….which gives me an idea….
  • sjohnny
    Options

Mine doesn't come from a box.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Mine doesn't come from a box.

well that would explain the difference then...
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Commenting to save!