75cal mac and cheese

Options

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    I was glad to learn that a half cup of uncooked mac noodles ..or one cup of cooked noodles are only 200 calories. So I add two wedges of light baby bell cheese..a bit of mustard..and for less than 300 calories I can have a huge portion of mac 'n cheese.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Never seen the tofu noodles before, just googled them. You never know, I thought cauliflower pizza crust was gonna be horrible and I ended up liking it. Substitutes are never as good as the real thing but sometimes they're good in their own right.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

what problem are you solving?

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination

i just looked it up and that is what the box says….

Are you sure that that's *as prepared* and not just the pasta and cheese powder?

IDK - I was just curious so looked it up real quick because I did not think that OP's concoction was that less in calories..honestly, I have not made mac and cheese in a long time ….which gives me an idea….

I just checked...for a serving (which is about a cup cooked), it's 400 calories as prepared and 260 calories w/out milk and butter.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination

Mine doesn't come from a box.

Mac & cheese snob.

<or>

That's macaroni & cheesist!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    as an italian, I will say that baked zitti with shirataki noodles is an abomination ….sorry, it just is...

jay-z-not-the-prez-big.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    as an italian, I will say that baked zitti with shirataki noodles is an abomination ….sorry, it just is...

jay-z-not-the-prez-big.jpg

Huhhh huhhh yeauuhhhh haters gon' hate son

Gawd I love that picture
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I was glad to learn that a half cup of uncooked mac noodles ..or one cup of cooked noodles are only 200 calories. So I add two wedges of light baby bell cheese..a bit of mustard..and for less than 300 calories I can have a huge portion of mac 'n cheese.

"huge portion" :indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    Options

Mine doesn't come from a box.

Mac & cheese snob.

<or>

That's macaroni & cheesist!

Check your privilege.
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ill often rock the Shiritaki noodles. I had a tough time getting over the smell of package at first, but after the first time it was all good.
    I find they hold up a bit better in asian style dishes, but I have successfully done a decent baked ziti with it...

http://italian.food.com/recipe/baked-ziti-w-tofu-shirataki-297437

And before the posse rides on me - I DO eat the foods I love in moderation. But sometimes I like a giant portion as well - and the shiritaki helps with that.

this^ looks AMAZING
    I have a asain store by my house im going to see if they carry these noodles
    if so im having this tonight or tomorrow lol
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Best. Title. Ever.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Most. Misleading. Title. Ever.

FIFY

stimpy.gif
  • cch200
    cch200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lot of stores have them especially if they sell Oriental foods. usually theyare refridgerated. But the best place that I use is online Miracle noodles. They are a great no/low cal , no carb replacement for pasta.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure this recipe would just make me really angry if I did eat it and then I'd still be left with a craving for REAL mac & cheese.
  • snappyapples
    Options
    Hey I'm up for anything! I might not use the kraft cheese in a can (cheese in cans really freaks me out, I can't even eat Parmesan in a can), but some light grated cheese and like a TBSP of almond milk might be good. Thanks for the idea OP!!

I tried cauliflower mashed potatoes before and really like them, cauliflower pizza was the same. Because some of us can't eat 500 calories per meal. Just sayin'.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Nope..mushroom noodles are not noodles...to each their own, but it is NOT mac & cheese..
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    *OR* *OR*.... I can just make room in my macros for a serving(or two) of REAL macaroni and cheese.... with milk(or cream, depending on how my macros look), a tiny bit of flour, real cheddar cheese, pasta, and panko beadcrumbs sprinkled on top then browned until it's all bubbly and cheesy and full of gooey goodness.

Really though, I don't know how people eat those 'noodles'. The smell when you open the package is enough to turn my stomach (which I guess is a good weight loss strategy, I get too nauseous to eat)... I tried more than a few times and I could never get past the smell... or the texture....
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Hey I'm up for anything! I might not use the kraft cheese in a can (cheese in cans really freaks me out, I can't even eat Parmesan in a can), but some light grated cheese and like a TBSP of almond milk might be good. Thanks for the idea OP!!

I tried cauliflower mashed potatoes before and really like them, cauliflower pizza was the same. Because some of us can't eat 500 calories per meal. Just sayin'.

500 is just for the mac and cheese. It's not the whole meal. It's a side dish.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    *gag*

i-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little-bit.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can add this to my recipe book next to cauliflower mac & cheese!*

Now, this stuff I enjoy. I would never use it as a REPLACEMENT for MacNCheese 'cause it's not remotely close, but I've never had a veggie hater turn this stuff down. It's pretty good.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Because some of us can't eat 500 calories per meal. Just sayin'.
    you know you dont have to evenly distribute your cals, right? just sayin'.