Pizza for dinner and I need help!

Options
I am going home for the weekend and my mom said we were having Marketside pizza (from walmart) for dinner and pepperoni, meat lovers, and supreme are the choices. Now I know I may be a little too obsessive over my weight and healthy dieting but when you begin to see results, you can't help but make it an addiction. So even though it is going to be pizza night, I still want to stay near my calorie limit. So I need to know how to actually measure out the pizza. It says 1/5 of a pizza is 360 calories. But a 12 in pizza cuts into about 8 slices….so how many slices do I get if I only want to eat 1/5 of the supreme pizza? I suck at math, so basically I need any math genius to help me out.

Replies

• Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    Well, 1/5 = 8/40 & 1/8=5/40. So 2/8=10/40, which is more than 1/5 or 8/40. So you want to stay slightly under two 1/8 pieces.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If there are 5 servings at 360 calories each in a pizza then there are 1800 total calories (5×360). Divide 1800 by 8 and you get 225 calories per slice. I would just eat 2 slices for a total of 450 calories (who cuts a pizza into fifths- no one). If you really want to you could have 1.5 slices for 340 but half slices are so puny.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    thank gawd this is just a simple math thread - and not one of those terribad cauliflower pizza crust threads.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    great now I want pizza shakes fists at the heavens lol I suck at math too but do you have a food scale maybe you could weigh it instead.

*** not the whole pizza it should say how much it weighs then you could weigh one slice idk if that even makes sense....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat less for breakfast and lunch and bank some calories for more pizza!
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have pizza every Friday. It's great. I've lost 21 lbs since Christmas. Don't let one meal bother you :) Enjoy the pizza.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    thank gawd this is just a simple math thread - and not one of those terribad cauliflower pizza crust threads.

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

^this

I trust that the MFP community will more than adequately address this math problem...

...so I'll just back slowly out the same door through which I walked in.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    The biggest problem I see here is you're having Market side pizza from Walmart. Your mom probably has enough time to pick up real pizza by this weekend.

noticed this too …..
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza very often. Just eat lightly up until dinner.

Why not make this super simple and just cut the pizza yourself into 5 equal slices?

I personally weigh out each slice, that way if my grams are over I just cut off a sliver. It is easier for me. But, alternatively I would just cut it into those five slices.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Why not make this super simple and just cut the pizza yourself into 5 equal slices?

I personally weigh out each slice, that way if my grams are over I just cut off a sliver. It is easier for me. But, alternatively I would just cut it into those five slices.
    aint no one got time for that!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If she's like my mom she probably bought the pizza three weeks ago when she heard that I might come visit
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

LOL@cut pizza into 5 equal slices. I consider myself quite the math nerd...and my geometry skills are solid...but woe be unto anyone who attempts to cut a pizza into 5 equal slices.

Better would be to cut the pizza into however many slices of various sizes, but weigh however many slices you eat and use math to figure out how many servings you had (based on the weight provided for a serving size on the package).

(I'm still LingOL at 5 equal slices...because I've tried this before...and it is not pretty. :laugh: )
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Okay, another option...

The entire pizza is 1800 calories. So 1800/8=225

If you cut the pizza into 8 slices, it is 225 calories per slice. You could have two slices for 450 calories or 3 slices for 675 calories.

If you cut it into 6 big slices it is 300 calories per slice. You could have two slices for 600 calories.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    I guess I must have some mad skills then lol.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

LOL@cut pizza into 5 equal slices. I consider myself quite the math nerd...and my geometry skills are solid...but woe be unto anyone who attempts to cut a pizza into 5 equal slices.

Better would be to cut the pizza into however many slices of various sizes, but weigh however many slices you eat and use math to figure out how many servings you had (based on the weight provided for a serving size on the package).

(I'm still LingOL at 5 equal slices...because I've tried this before...and it is not pretty. :laugh: )

You ain't never seen a pentagon before cracka? damn.
    BANNEDFORLIFE.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

You ain't never seen a pentagon before cracka? damn.
    BANNEDFORLIFE.

You think a pizza cut into 5 equal slices has anything to do with a pentagon???

Bro, DYEGeometry?
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    eat less for breakfast and lunch and bank some calories for more pizza!

Exactly.

and this is just a simple math question that anyone over the age of 10 or so should be able to figure out.
    I just love it when people say the "suck at math" when anything with numbers comes up. Most times they just dont even think it out.